Homebrew Skylite 0.1a

Nitto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey fellow GBATempers(Hope I got that right), this is my first real project that is aimed to be an alternative to commercial-flash cart kernels, operating systems or software (Pick one). So far I have been quite stupid and added libfat to a simplistic sd/sdhc driver. I will change that, but right now I am trying to figure out how I could rape libfat so I can have my own FAT file system i/o. (Or I could use blocks and just emulate it).

What this does:

Loads a simplistic driver that loads, resets and can get data from an sd/sdhc card.

The upsides:

In theory you could use a different standard on a card so you could use other media types that use SPI.

The downsides:

Quite crappy, doesn't load homebrew and only supports one type of IC based card.

Help requested:

Flash cart. - Their IC information usually SMT or SMT MF. Other information like pictures of guts, and all components (even under that black stuff, I may just rip one apart)

Suppliers. - a place to buy SMT cards (Non-wholesale). a place were I can get the shells or cases for slot-1 carts (Not dummy cards).

Supported devices:

SST
39VF1681
70-4C-EKE
0623150-D

(AceKard - 2)

Please give constructive criticism, and I would praise you if you know the specific chips so I can check their template driver (For right memory point to select sd, please trace out pins for sd)

Download 0.1a

~ Mike

PS: If any one could take a screen shot or a good picture without glare I will love you.

DSTT Software Driver:
http://www.sst.com/downloads/software_driver/SST39VF200A.txt

AceKard2 Software Driver:
http://www.sst.com/downloads/software_driver/SST39VF168x.txt

Nitto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dwight said:
There's already plenty of loaders out there, but hey, there's always room for improvement. I'll keep my eye on this project.

Yay, my first comment!

I know there are quite a few loaders out there, but I really wanted to make something special, a complete replacement firmware for all commercial carts, heck I might grab:

SST
39VF1681
70-4C-EKE
0623150-D

And some supplies and make a knock off Acekard.

Note to self: DOSonCHIP

Nitto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vague Rant said:
This sounds interesting as hell, checking it out.

I wish I could do more, unless I can buy another flashcart or get some one to open theirs and take pictures from every angle, and write all the information down I am basically stuck. Although I need to figure out how I can load libfat if I rename my file to akmenu4.nds

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
just make it look sexyer then soul angers MenuDo, faster then YS for loading games, easy to install on all & can make/ handle all saves types and u will you will have something of true quality,

heres a Demo of soul angers MenuDo that show how it looks but dosent work.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138775

Good luck with this project.

Nitto said:
Vague Rant said:
This sounds interesting as hell, checking it out.

I wish I could do more, unless I can buy another flashcart or get some one to open theirs and take pictures from every angle, and write all the information down I am basically stuck. Although I need to figure out how I can load libfat if I rename my file to akmenu4.nds

I got an r4 clone called a mars myself, to make new moonshell lol, I have to first load its as a .nds , this patchs it to work, then I could change of it to the name of the middle button and it with would load the new version 2.0 beta 8.

hope it helps.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Keep it up i am not really interrested in this but others are
wink.gif

And still it always good to see an new coder in the ds homebrew scene

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can't really help much,
but good luck.
Remember, ignore all the n00bs who critisize you for a lack of screens/demos and also the n00bs telling you to hurry up/they can't wait

I might find something useful for you though...

Anyway, Good Luck!

Nitto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the encouraging words, I really appreciate that. On-note: Do you think you guys could take a picture or write down the main "Chip" on your flash carts (IC). Because I need to find it the SMT site so I can just edit the start address. I would also like to know the pins that the go to the MicroSD/HC/TF reader.

Or I am stumped.
hate2.gif

Edit: I am going to post to ask information in all other forums (DSTT,R4,M3), unless I can get a post up globally. Although I can't test them =(.

Edit: Re-read your comment, the demo is in the first page: Download 0.1a

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just read another topic and got redirected here from there
smile.gif
. Anyway just wanted to let you know that of most of the cards I reviewed I have PCB shots (available on my website). I also have the raws of those (of course) if they would be useful to you.

Nitto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scorpei said:
Just read another topic and got redirected here from there
smile.gif
. Anyway just wanted to let you know that of most of the cards I reviewed I have PCB shots (available on my website). I also have the raws of those (of course) if they would be useful to you.

Yes very much. Thank you =)

If you wouldn't mind could you test my code on some of your devices?

Edit: I have been browsing your site, but there are little to no PCB shots of the slot-1 card. Preferably the xpress.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't have a lot of time but I could test some out if you want me to, been a while though
smile.gif

As for the PCB shots, I can add the Edge somewhere this week (still need to write a review
tongue.gif
). Aside from that there should be:

iTouch
G6DS
Supercard DS v2
R4DS and etc.
M3DS real
Ninjapass X9
DS-x

The express card I'll have to dig out somewhere
tongue.gif

Nitto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scorpei said:
Don't have a lot of time but I could test some out if you want me to, been a while though
smile.gif

As for the PCB shots, I can add the Edge somewhere this week (still need to write a review
tongue.gif
). Aside from that there should be:

iTouch
G6DS
Supercard DS v2
R4DS and etc.
M3DS real
Ninjapass X9
DS-x

The express card I'll have to dig out somewhere
tongue.gif

Would you mind if I added you to the official development team? Also: Try my NDS code on all the acekards you have, because I need to check if they changed anything. Also: You should do a DSTT review (I already have one, but I can't figure out the base address for the sd card).

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
on my SCDS1 it states "SD/HC work! Card = SDHC\n........................................................." and on my ak2 and ak2i it simply lists all the files on my sd, on my r4 and akrpg sd it lists all the files on my sd with negative numbers after them.

Nitto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
on my SCDS1 it states "SD/HC work! Card = SDHC\n........................................................." and on my ak2 and ak2i it simply lists all the files on my sd, on my r4 and akrpg sd it lists all the files on my sd with negative numbers after them.

Gewd Gewd *In vampire voice*.

Well will you try them by replacing the kernel so its like: akmenu4.nds = .nds.bak and msd_driver.nd = akmenu4.nds? The libfat should fail and the sd/hc should work. I also need to know all the pins on the sd/hc chip so I can get the address of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM