Nintendo DSi Dated and Priced for Europe!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dseurbox.jpg
dsieurbox.jpg

Just earlier today, Nintendo of America announced the date and price of the DSi. Nintendo of Europe doesn't fall too far behind in that department. Read below.

QUOTE said:
Completing the day's glut of Nintendo DSi launch announcements, it's been announced that the new handheld will be out in Europe before the US, and will retail for £149.99.

Customers in both the UK and continental Europe (for whom the press release we received did not reveal pricing) will be able to get their hands on the console on April 3, a day after Australia and two days before the US. Those consoles will, like Japan and Australia, be offered in black & white, meaning the US will be the only territory (so far) to be selling the handheld in a third colour, blue.

For reference, the DS Lite currently sells in the UK for £140, though most retailers of course sell it a bit cheaper.

News Source: GoNintendo

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Jesus Christ is that price correct? Thats a huge rip off for European consumers, in the US its supposed to be $170.00, if you convert £150.00 to dollars that makes it almost $215.00!!!!
ohmy.gif

Everyone in Europe thinking of buying this should boycott it out of principle!
mad.gif

edit: and that £140 price for a Lite is a lie, I know for a fact it retails at around £100

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
p1ngpong said:
Jesus Christ is that price correct? Thats a huge rip off for European consumers, in the US its supposed to be $170.00, if you convert £150.00 to dollars that makes it almost $215.00!!!!
ohmy.gif

Everyone in Europe thinking of buying this should boycott it out of principle!
mad.gif

edit: and that £140 price for a Lite is a lie, I know for a fact it retails at around £100
It's actually cheap compared to the price we're paying - 170 euros. It's not like it's the first time Nintendo does this, every price in dollars is just converted by putting euros behind it
tongue.gif
The Wii Zapper was even more of a rip-off; it's 20 dollars in the US and 30 euros in Europe!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Damn just did some looking around, it is in fact retailing for £150 in the UK, and DS lites are only £100.

The DSi is in fact more expensive then an xbox 360 arcade, which sells for around £130 lol

Nintendo are a horrible company who hate their customers, Im convinced of that now
sad.gif

Mr Slug

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LMAO £150 well thats not going to sell very well then, and the DS Lites are £100 and its possible to get it cheaper than £100 now too if you look around.

so no GBA slot, add a **** camera, possible cheaper to make as no GBA slot or same price as the Camera would trade in for GBA slot taken out yet its a whole £50 extra :S :S :S :S LMAO got to see sales on this junk price, how much are psp's?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, there goes any reason to import a system, we only have to wait another day, and the price probably won't be much different with import tax and shipping costs. >_>

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~Kuraudo's Sword~ said:
Hey dude blue is cool man... Chill

Yes it is. In fact it is one of my favorite colors. But that blue has an ugly shade to it. And to me it looks like a china-made toys for children 5 and under.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It'll be interesting to see how Nintendo manages to handle releasing hardware in 3 territories simultaniously. Given their terrible track record in meeting demand for their hardware in the past maybe they're not expecting much by the way of sales either?

Now I've looked it up £100 was actually the launch price of the DS Lite too. Hm.

Mixed feelings on this one. I wouldn't, but I'm not interested in any of the DSi's extra features so I'm not exactly the target audience anyway. (and the 360 pingy mentioned looks a lot more tempting!)

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
@ Nintendo : Too expensive!

I still have my phat because I thought the lite was a rip off, fast move to save the DS from dying, but the DSi is just plain ridiculous.

My advice, wait 10 years till it becomes available via emulation/ or a pawn shop for 10 bucks.

A camera is nice, but 2 is overkill, especially when it even isn't that good.

Edit:

In France, a DS Lite is 149.90 Euros which is 190.22 US Dollars.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Psyfira said:
It'll be interesting to see how Nintendo manages to handle releasing hardware in 3 territories simultaniously. Given their terrible track record in meeting demand for their hardware in the past maybe they're not expecting much by the way of sales either?

they intentionally won't, nintendo are masters of creating artificial shortages of hardware....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.