TrolleyDaves Guide To GBAtemp Behaviour

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
After the chaos and riots that broke out in the Chrono Trigger thread I wrote this to give Toni some laughs. Here is TrolleyDaves Guide To GBAtemp Behaviour. It's funny AND relevant, how often do you get that from me!

TrolleyDaves Guide To GBAtemp Behaviour

1) Using GBAtemp is a priviledge not a right, treat it as such or get a slapping.
2) Be'ave son, if you don't do it in real life don't do it here. Unless you'd like to step outside like.
3) The Edge of the Forum isn't a toilet, fling shit on your own walls.
4) The rest of the forum isn't a schoolyard, you wanna argue with someone then go down the pub.
5) It's not a borstal breakout and you're probably not that tough, so don't act like it.
6) If you couldn't say it to this guy face to face then shut the fuck up.

3484mj7.jpg

7) The mods don't abuse their power, if you think they do then you're probably just a sooky little spoilt brat who likes to get his own way.
8) Free speech on here is a priviledge not a right. If your posts are removed then you were probably talking alot of bollocks, suck it up crybaby.
9) Posting randomness and talking shite in The Edge of the Forum is fine, talking about the colour and consitancy of it ain't - take it to your doctor fuckwit.
10) If you feel you want to insult someone who's been here longer than you then you probably feel inferior and it hurts your ego.
11) If you're new and know fuck all then behave that way you little weasel, talking shit about something you know nothing about won't gain you respect.
12) Arguing about something you know little about with people who actually do doesn't make you cool or smart, it makes you flamebait and a cunt so shut the fuck up.
13) If you're not sure about what you're saying but you spout the bollocks out like it's fact then you're an arse, shut up and listen.
14) If you're not sure you should post it then ask someone first, you're probably about to spam the board with more shite than it needs.
15) Swearing at someone doesn't make you tough, it just means you can post swear words.
16) Trolling with humour can be fun, but don't do it - we've got resident trolls who know how to behave already and our quota is full.
17) If you're posting just to get up someones back then you're not cool, you're an arse.
18) Feel like you've been mistreated? Well then you've probably never lived in the real world. Go out, experience it and then come back and see just how pleasent this place really is.
19) If you're looking for a fight then come see TrolleyDave, he's friendly but he's got a temper and he really don't mind a bit of physical violence.
20) How many fights have you had in reality? Probably none, so act that way here too.
21) You think you're a thug because you once stole money from your parents? You're not a thug, you're an arsehole. Learn some fuckin manners son and then apply them here.
22) Arguing doesn't make you cool, it makes regulars think you're a cunt and not speak to you.
23) There was only 1 bonemonkey and there is only 1 p1ngpong. Copying them doesn't make you more welcome, it makes you a fashion victim and you will be treated like one.
24) If you behave like a twat who wants a slapping then don't forget to PM TrolleyDave your address so he can administer the beating you so anxiously want.
25) There's no GBAtemp tissues for little babies who want to cry cos they got told off. You should have fuckin followed the rules.
26) Been to 4chan lately? It's unique brand of bullshit and unfunny has inspired you to post? Then fuck off back there to post it you bell end. GBAtemp is not an Idiocracy in the making, that's just you and your collection of halfwitted intelligence lacking brain donor friends. If you think you're too good for 4chan, then fuck off back to that $10 4chan they call SomethingAwful.
27) Yes, some of us are wankers. Yes, some of us masturbate. No, that doesn't mean we want you posting the material you beat off to. Fuck off somewhere else with it Larry Flynt.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
7) The mods don't abuse their power, if you think they do then you're probably just a sooky little spoilt brat who likes to get his own way.

Ah you see that's technically not true, I abuse my power hourly. Ask P1ngpong.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have to post my thoughts here too!!
tongue.gif

This is really cleverly written article with the note on humor, but completely true!! If people followed these rules, everything would be a bit nicer and easier!!

rofl2.gif

And mate, you can really be scary on some of those pictures!! (this one particular!)

Hadrian said:
QUOTE said:

And Hadrian, every rule has it's exception
tongue.gif
.........I never abuse my powers (but also, I bet that playallday or psycoblaster could say a different story!!)
laugh.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
QUOTE said:

No, you just abuse p1ngpong hourly. You'd do the same if you were a regular user.
smile.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hadrian said:
QUOTE said:

No you just use your power to abuse me, theres a difference there!

TROLLEYDAVE!!!!
bow.gif

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
TrolleyDave
Never mind, I'll post it now. Costello mate, if you don't like it just remove it, I won't be offended. smile.gif

TrolleyDave
lmao Well thank you good sir, glad it cheered you up after all the shit you had to put up with. I've asked Costello if it'd be alright to post properly, hopefully he'll say yes.

and then

QUOTE14) If you're not sure you should post it then ask someone first, you're probably about to spam the board with more shite than it needs.

Ah, delicious half-irony.

On-Topic: I agree.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was about to delve into the Chrono trigger thread (I left off yesterday at page 3 or so when people were talking about rom hacking/discussing the save file) but it looks like I will save it for a little while.

re 6) I looks like one of those photos where you are a millisecond away from smirking before outright laughing.

I will however say your rules are at odds to some of the other internet etiquette/rules, alas BT decided their nightly traffic shaping ritual started 10 minutes ago and the potential bookmarks number in the hundreds on this machine.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
19) If you're looking for a fight then come see TrolleyDave, he's friendly but he's got a temper and he really don't mind a bit of physical violence.

Which one? Is it Urza?
tongue.gif

Good guide... this should be part of the official rules. Including the expletives.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of them will be good for a "Guide to Interwebz Behaviour"...

Hmmm....

28r2xbl.png

I vote this to be a sticky, or a link next to the forum rules at the top would be better...

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
rofl2.gif
so true man! This is exactly what we need, not some boring "Don't flame!" and "Don't spam!" read before register things
Instead:
QUOTE said:
2) Be'ave son, if you don't do it in real life don't do it here. Unless you'd like to step outside like.
4) The rest of the forum isn't a schoolyard, you wanna argue with someone then go down the pub.
This is fuckin' 1000 times better!

TrolleyDave
bow.gif

I'll be'ave from now on master!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
And mate, you can really be scary on some of those pictures!! (this one particular!)

I might replace it later with a picture of me actually attempting to look mean. That's my friendly face! lol

FAST6191 said:
I was about to delve into the Chrono trigger thread (I left off yesterday at page 3 or so when people were talking about rom hacking/discussing the save file) but it looks like I will save it for a little while.

re 6) I looks like one of those photos where you are a millisecond away from smirking before outright laughing.

I will however say your rules are at odds to some of the other internet etiquette/rules, alas BT decided their nightly traffic shaping ritual started 10 minutes ago and the potential bookmarks number in the hundreds on this machine.

The Chrono Trigger thread is alright since it's been cleaned up and people have got the fix. It'll probably be safe to enter without wearing a NBC suit now.

Nope, wasn't about to smirk I just always look like that. I'll try and put a picture of me up later with a smirky grin, lots of people say I look like an axe murder when I grin.

Forget regular internet etiquette, GBAtemp is an island of it's own!
wink.gif

BiscuitBee said:
You didn't post that
ohmy.gif
Now my statement appears foolish and uninformed T.T

Rule 12 @ BiscuitBee: FAILED

Heh, I'm just sly like that.
smile.gif
Costello's given the nod now though so I feel alot better about posting it.

QUOTE(chuckstudios @ Nov 19 2008, 05:24 PM) QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Nov 19 2008, 12:02 PM)

Which one? Is it Urza?
tongue.gif

Good guide... this should be part of the official rules. Including the expletives.

rofl2.gif
I never even noticed that double meaning. Although now you know why Urza hasn't posted in a while! I'd love to see a guide like this from him though, that would be properly scathing.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
24) If you behave like a twat who wants a slapping then don't forget to PM TrolleyDave your address so he can administer the beating you so anxiously want.

83 A-...

On second thought.

QUOTE25) There's no GBAtemp tissues for little babies who want to cry cos they got told off. You should have fuckin followed the rules.

Best fix that.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Btw I now worship TrolleyDave like a God!!!

bow.gif

Does that mean I can start demanding sacrifices and virgins from you?

QUOTE(Veho @ Nov 19 2008, 05:57 PM) Hmmmm... but rules are there to be broken, right? Right? Eh?

Only if you've got enough posts to have a custom member title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm NEVER horny