OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Main Part said:
Blizzard announced at Blizzcon that long awaited Starcraft II would be split into 3 different games: StarCraft II Terrans: Wings of Liberty. The second will be StarCraft II Zerg: Heart of the Swarm, with the third and final installment of the main trilogy being StarCraft II Protoss: Legacy of the Void.

Full article here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/918/918895p1.html

-------------

This is bullshit.

But I'm sure half of you already knew.
smile.gif

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
Main Part said:
Blizzard announced at Blizzcon that long awaited Starcraft II would be split into 3 different games: StarCraft II Terrans: Wings of Liberty. The second will be StarCraft II Zerg: Heart of the Swarm, with the third and final installment of the main trilogy being StarCraft II Protoss: Legacy of the Void.

Full article here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/918/918895p1.html

-------------

This is bullshit.

But I'm sure half of you already knew.
smile.gif
Yep I saw it earlier, IMO WoW changed Blizzard for the worst. They are mainly just money-grubbing fools now and have already pissed off quite a few of their long-time fans(like the Diablo 3 petition)

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
But at least they aren't expansion packs making you buy all three!
smile.gif

I would still buy it though, maybe...
Expansions usually are cheaper so if they make them all stand alone it is to their benefit.

QUOTE(Gaisuto @ Oct 11 2008, 08:36 PM) I'm still insisting this is the Activision side of "Activision Blizzard" doing this and not just Blizzard. The same side most likely making part of Battle.net "monitized."
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/11/blizzard...o-be-monetized/
Most of the people who have worked on the the games we have come to love have left. Blizzard isn't the same anymore. Also there is no "Activision" side of Blizzard it's Activision Blizzard.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
I'm still insisting this is the Activision side of "Activision Blizzard" doing this and not just Blizzard. The same side most likely making part of Battle.net "monitized."
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/11/blizzard...o-be-monetized/
I'm hating them even more now.

"So that we can keep making these games."
?...

Dammit Blizzard! People buy your games because most of them are worth it and they get so much money from overprices WoW subscriptions and shit, and you dare charge us for online play.
frown.gif
[/rant]

I need to scan in my Facepalm drawing
tongue.gif
Or Headbang(when facepalm isn't enough) it may become useful for time like this. I hope they don't make us pay. It would just kill it, or maybe not... Who knows? We should just wait and see.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn you, I was beaten on newsing. >O

Also, on Gamespot, the guy says that you can treat the Zerg/Protoss games as "expansions, but standalone." *rolleyes*

Whatever. I wasn't a big SC fan anyway.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hope each campaign is lengthy enough to justify separating it on 3 games.. :/

I find that bad cause I always saw Warcraft and Starcraft campaigns as something to help you getting used to the different races, learn to use each unit, learn a few tricks, etc.. having only the Terran campaign would be bad specially to new players, we'll see a lot of people on Battle.net playing only as Terran until the second campaign come out.. not a good move IMO.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:

I find that bad cause I always saw Warcraft and Starcraft campaigns as something to help you getting used to the different races, learn to use each unit, learn a few tricks, etc.. having only the Terran campaign would be bad specially to new players, we'll see a lot of people on Battle.net playing only as Terran until the second campaign come out.. not a good move IMO.
I would not be surprised if they go for a simultaneous release date since they are all stand-alone games and not expansions.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
CockroachMan said:

I would not be surprised if they go for a simultaneous release date since they are all stand-alone games and not expansions.
To answer both of your concerns, apparently (as stated on GS) the Terran goes first, then Zerg, and finally Protoss in the end, though how much time between each release is unknown. That and no clue how online play is going to be restricted though having only the same race as your copy to play is a given. =\

Apparently, each campaign is said to be "between 26-30 missions" and it was even hinted at that there are going to be "branching storylines" so some missions may be worth a second or third go-through for another branch of missions. Unfortunately, each ending is also said to be "predefined" so I don't really see this much as a 12A/12B thing.

Yes, I am reposting most of my post in the other thread. Hell, here's the link again! Here you are again?

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Pimpmynintendo said:
CockroachMan said:

Nope, each game will be like an expansion, with some additions to multiplayer even.. http://kotaku.com/5062018/starcraft-ii-lea...player-campaign

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
CockroachMan said:
Nope, each game will be like an expansion, with some additions to multiplayer even.. http://kotaku.com/5062018/starcraft-ii-lea...player-campaign
That makes it sound as though you have all three races in multiplayer, just not in Campaign.

Unless these "additions" are the other races.
rolleyes.gif
Well if the gameplay is different for each race then they probably won't be in multiplayer unless they make it to where everybody plays in the same way.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Doomsday Forte said:
CockroachMan said:
That makes it sound as though you have all three races in multiplayer, just not in Campaign.

rolleyes.gif

Only one race on multiplayer would be too stupid, wouldn't be Starcraft! It's almost like Team Fortress with only 1 class
tongue.gif

The campaign on each game will be centered at a specific race, but you're likely to have all three on multiplayer.. the additions are probably new maps, units, maybe new game modes..

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Doomsday Forte said:
CockroachMan said:

rolleyes.gif

Only one race on multiplayer would be too stupid, wouldn't be Starcraft! It's almost like Team Fortress with only 1 class
tongue.gif

The campaign on each game will be centered at a specific race, but you're likely to have all three on multiplayer.. the additions are probably new maps, units, maybe new game modes..
That would have to be, or else it would be dumb, all three games will have the models for each, or campaign would be dumb, it would only be that group against itself, each game will have different story modes, but all the races. It just wouldn't be starcraft with out it. I hope all that goes on one DVD, if it fits on a CD, fuck that! Why have multiple discs?

But I think my computer is too wimpy. Sometime starcraft looks a ds style with sprite looking creatures.
tongue.gif

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
alex said:
That would have to be, or else it would be dumb, all three games will have the models for each, or campaign would be dumb, it would only be that group against itself, each game will have different story modes, but all the races. It just wouldn't be starcraft with out it. I hope all that goes on one DVD, if it fits on a CD, fuck that! Why have multiple discs?

But I think my computer is too wimpy. Sometime starcraft looks a ds style with sprite looking creatures.
tongue.gif
LOL so their moving from the sprites of the olde starcraft!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o