Hacking Preliminary GC Backup Support

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive nearly completed adding GC Backup support to wiigator's 0.3b loader (my autoboot variation) for testing and such, but ive hit a snag in my code and I cant seem to figure out why its behaving the way it is. Don't mind how it works just yet, but if you know your stuff you'll get an idea from looking at the code while you're helpin me out. The problem is towards the end of apploader.c, ive written a comment paragraph explaining the issue and some thoughts, but clearly havent the slightest as to why it fails.

Thinking about it, Im pretty sure the DI_Read command is one that handles the partitioning or decryption on the fly, so that the disc can be treated like a standard disc when making read calls. But a GC disc has no special partitioning, so we would need just the standard DI_ReadDVD function that is in libdi to be able to read the disc and such. Unfortunately Wiigator mangled/customized the di included in his source, and it no longer contains that function.
frown.gif
. so we'll have to add it most likey, but i didnt want to do that until i was certain that that was the real underlying cause of the issue (which after thinking it over im pretty sure it is).

There is much more than this to get GC backups working that I am aware of and have already (mostly) written, this is just one small piece of the bigger project (integration into the backup loader).

linked below is apploader.c/h and di.c/h. I appreciate any thoughts or input you might have. If you need any more of the source that i might have forgotten let me know.

NOTE: you will need some knowledge of the Wii's memory map / apploader code / gc disc layout.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mweyjytz2z5/bugged.zip

Fors

drbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great work Forsaekn.

Maybe you should consider uploading the project to google code ? I think many coders will appreciate that.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may, but adding in GC Backup support to me doesnt seem worthy of a standalone application. Overall, my goal is to completely replace the wii's apploader loading code with our own, and modifying the system menu's disk channel loading stub to utilize it, whether it be my own apploader, Wiigator's, SoftChip, or a compilation of all of our hard work put together. Since i've already integrated it with wiigator's loader, I dont think making a google code page would be all that effective, but i don't know.

Ive already modified the system menu to load our apploader instead of ninty's, and it can be toggled by the setting of a bit. but that's a topic for another day, right now I want to get this working.

Thanks for the tip
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8