N64oid

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its out on the market

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androidemu.n64

Craving some Ocarina of Time adventures, Super Mario 64 antics, or some Star Fox 64 flying on your Android device? N64oid brings retro emulation of Nintendo’s popular N64 console to Android devices.

N64oid is an N64 console emulator for Android devices. You’ll need a copy of the $5.99 emulator, ROMs (from the usual sources, unless you’ve got a ROM ripping setup in your basement and a stack of old cartridges), and a suitably speedy Android device. Older Android devices will find the playback choppy and subpar, but newer and speedier devices like the Nexus-One and Samsung Galaxy should have no problem handling the emulator.

Like all emulators N64oid is a work in progress and emulating an entire closed-system console on a totally different set of hardware is never a perfect 1:1 emulation, but if you’re a die hard fan of classic N64 titles

quick test

Super Mario 64 - Playable
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - too slow
Mario Kart - playable

the music is fast and sqeaky byt brilliant first release

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Meh I don't care at all...my stupid HTC Desire ends up having 5-6 reboot loops whenever I play a graphics heavy game like Asphalt 4 or Pocket Legends....this will just blow it away.

EDIT:- Desire has become so annoying, I feel like going back to my Nokia 5700 xP (Had the Desire for only 2 months, what a crap...old phones ftw)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
This is gonna get sued and removed later. You are paying to bypass Ninty's price systems, i.e. Virtual Console or eBay.
eBay? What are you talking about? Money from eBay sales of games doesn't go to Nintendo, so no loss of money from that.

And anyway, as said previously, there are plenty of other emulators on the Android market (I know there are gameboy and NES emulators, and a PSX one, probably a SNES one. Maybe others too)

EDIT: Developer has a lot of them: https://market.android.com/developer?pub=yongzh

EDIT: Its the dozens of ROM downloading apps that I find somewhat surprising.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Fishaman P said:
This is gonna get sued and removed later. You are paying to bypass Ninty's price systems, i.e. Virtual Console or eBay.
Emulation isn't illegal and IIRC you need the BIOS from a different source before using these (GBA, etc).

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:

[censored] will hail it if it's removed...and your statement makes no sense..

How has the GAMEBOY, SNES And GameBoy Advance emulators that are clearly made by Nintendo as well still around on the OFFICIAL Android Market?

PS : how does this fare on a DroidX?

unplayable games from pJ64 or 1964 on Android Anyone?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SamAsh07 said:
Meh I don't care at all...my stupid HTC Desire ends up having 5-6 reboot loops whenever I play a graphics heavy game like Asphalt 4 or Pocket Legends....this will just blow it away.

EDIT:- Desire has become so annoying, I feel like going back to my Nokia 5700 xP (Had the Desire for only 2 months, what a crap...old phones ftw)

There'll be an Android update available soon, plus you prolly need to tweak the system a bit.

Palmphone =/= Phone.

It actually needs MAINTENANCE to work properly.

If you want to speed up your user performence, try the Gingerbread ROM, or any custom ROM's that are floating in the web. Try xda-developers for more info.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sylar1 said:
Paying to emulate illegally downloaded roms, this is hilarious.
I'm gonna quote prwlr for this.

"Emulation isn't illegal and IIRC you need the BIOS from a different source before using these (GBA, etc)."

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
what was the reason for VGS to close down? wasnt it due to selling the emulator? i wouldnt pay a cent for an emulator since it was made (not directly and intentionally) to play games one downloads from the net. It's very rare that a person who owns the console and game, plays it on an emulator

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sylar1 said:
Well, you are paying for the software of the emulator itself. Someone probably worked pretty hard to make it and is only asking $6 for it.

It's dumb because it's a contradiction, but hey. $6 for every N64 game on a portable device. Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Sylar1 said:
Well, you are paying for the software of the emulator itself. Someone probably worked pretty hard to make it and is only asking $6 for it.

It's dumb because it's a contradiction, but hey. $6 for every N64 game on a portable device. Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.
Wouldn't it be hard though to play n64 games on a android? Just wondering.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sheaperd121 said:
awssk8er said:
Sylar1 said:

Not if you have the Xperia Play.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
Sheaperd121 said:
awssk8er said:
Sylar1 said:

Not if you have the Xperia Play.
I know, I mean for the other androids? Xperia Play would play them fine since it has a sort of controller.

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:

Root your phone, backup and flash a custom Rom - problem solved.

Also you can use wiimote and classic controller on majority of emu's on Android including this via Bluetooth

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Sylar1 said:

lol, total gratitude for the emulator author, but complete disregard for those that made the games. The N64 is out of date, but that doesn't make it a freebee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye