Hacking Help me answer some questions about an LAH115 wii mod

desh_thiere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I am worried, if anyone can help me, please post.

My mate wanted me to softmod his wii, He brought it round and I used the Yafaze ultimate virgion 4.0 wii softmod guide as that is the guide I used for my own wii. Anyway, he had just bought his wii and I asked him to check the serial to see if it was an LU64, or 65, he did, and it wasn't, it was an LAH115xxxx. Here is where my troubles begin.

Little did I know that in Australia LAH11xxxx wiis are basically the equivalent of an LU64 or 65 wii, I did not know then when I modded it.

Anyway, I did the mod, everything worked and he has USB loader and wad loading from SD working.

However, in all the guides for modding an LU64 or 65 wii (which by all accounts, his should be) it tells you not to downgrade anything. I downgraded his IOS35 so I could then install the rest of the stuff I needed to.

My question is, could I have fucked up anything else in his wii? Or if his wii was LU64 or 65 would modding it using the yafaze guide just have bricked it and that was that? I am confused as to the fact that his wii works fine with USB loading and wad loading etc, even when all the guides say it should not. Is there a chance that the softmod may have worked partly and there are other issues that could crop up in the future? Or is there no chance his wii is an LU64 or 65 if that yafaze guide worked in the first place?

Thanks if anyone can tell me.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone please tell me all the Australian Barcodes that is equivalent to LU64/5?

Pleas as my friend wants me to hack his wii aswell and i think it might fuck his wii up...

So please i need a smart guy to tell me the serial code that is the same as Lu64/5

thanks

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thats not true - boot2 was fixed in the middle of last yr - lu64s started appearing in feb this year.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dogeggs said:
thats not true - boot2 was fixed in the middle of last yr - lu64s started appearing in feb this year.

What does that have to do with anything ? If you cannot install Bootmii as Boot2, so only as IOS this means boot2 is fixed.

Isn't it ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are 3 kinds of Wiis. But it really only matters if you can install BootMii as boot2 or not. If you can't, just treat your Wii as if it was a boot2v4 Wii and you will have no problems.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 I also have a LAH Wii (My old one died...), and I cannot install Bootmii as boot 2, only as IOS... Downgrading IOS35 should be perfectly fine, I did it on my Wii and it worked, but do not attempt to modify or replace IOS60 or 61 without knowing what you're doing otherwise you will brick your Wii, and BootMii as an IOS requires a Game Cube Controller to scroll through menus, and if you don't have one, you can't backup your friend's Wii's NAND, and then you'll be in a situation...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The IOS35 method is crap, because it does not work on boot2v4 Wiis and leaves people with these Wiis who tried it with a broken IOS35 without instructions how to restore it. That's "all".

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So yea basically, to the OP you probably got lucky with your friend's Wii since downgrading IOS35 actually worked so even though it is an LU64 equivalent serial it may not actually be a boot2v4 Wii as there are cases where you can have an LU64 Wii that CAN be downgraded or a Wii that has a serial that's below LU64 and acts like it is one.

So pretty much if you can't do a boot2 install of bootmii just treat your Wii like an LU64 Wii and don't use anything that isn't VERY CLEAR about working on LU64 type Wii's.

Either way you shouldn't NEED to do anything harmful anyways now. For ANY Wii just do the steps in WalkerOfTheDay's sig: bannerbomb to run hackmii installer to install HBC/bootmii. TBR to downgrade IOS15, install a trucha bugged IOS36, and restore IOS15 and then use IOS36 to install cIOS with cIOS rev13a or something of the sort.

Don't bother trying to use the IOS35 downgrade method anymore. If you have an LAH11/LU64 Wii and did manage use the IOS35 downgrade properly, congratulations, your Wii survived a game of russian roulette. Now don't go advising people that it works because you're going to make some other person not as fortunate as you try to pull the trigger on their Wii for no reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah Dinoh psi wants you to destroy his booty +1