OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku....;AffixedCode=WW

there are two things i don't like. the cpu speed of 2.0, and the 9600 (i would prefer a 9700, but a 9800 is out of the question)
it's got a blueray player, and the harddrive is sufficient.
but i'm liking the price!

* Features: 2.00GHz Intel Centrino Processor Technology featuring Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800
* 2MB L2 Cache
* 4096MB (4GB) RAM, expandable to 8GB
* 320GB (5400 rpm) hard disk drive
* NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT video graphics
* Up to 2303MB (512MB dedicated)
* Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer multimedia drive
* 15.4" Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)
* High speed 56K modem, Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN, Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN wireless connectivity, Bluetooth
* Altec Lansing speakers
* 101-key compatible keyboard
* Touch Pad with dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad
* 1 ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
* External ports include 4 x USB 2.0, 4th USB port shared with eSATA, 1 x VGA (15-pin), 1 x HDMI, 1 x RJ-11 (modem), 1 x RJ-45 (LAN), 2 x headphone-out, 1 x microphone-in, 1 x notebook expansion port 3, 1 x Consumer IR
* HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone
* HP Mobile Remote Control
* Security features include Kensington MicroSaver lock slot, Power-on password, accepts 3rd party security lock devices
* 6-cell Li-Ion battery
* Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1
* Software includes Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008 (including 60 days live update), HP Help & Support Center, PC Recovery (SoftThinks Restore Solution), HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent, HP PhotoSmart Essentials, HP Quick Play, Muvee AutoProducer, Cyberlink DVD Suite, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Teacher Edition: 60 Day Trial Version, HP Easy Internet Signup (part of HP Easy Setup)
* 1.37" - 1.65"(H) x 14.05"(W) x 10.2"(D)
* 5.83lb.

PRICE: $898$850 CAD price matchin mother fuckers!

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i do plan on playin gta 4. wth u mean by gta 1? lmao

my friend has a computer with almost the same specs (his cpu is 2.26) and he can run it decently. i think he runs it on medium everytin, and it lags in a few places.

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no such thing as budget gaming laptop. Gaming on laptops have never been any good. But to the PC, it's pretty decent but it won't be able to play GTA IV, not a chance. Or sure, maybe on 800 x 600 on low settings maybe and it's really bad to over strain a laptop.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
budget gaming laptop ?
laugh.gif

silly NOOB !

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Votkrath said:
There is no such thing as budget gaming laptop. Gaming on laptops have never been any good. But to the PC, it's pretty decent but it won't be able to play GTA IV, not a chance. Or sure, maybe on 800 x 600 on low settings maybe and it's really bad to over strain a laptop.
are you saying i'm lying?

my friend's laptop (which is a mere 0.26ghz faster than this one) can play any game on the market on high (except for crysis and gta iv). i've seen it myself. also, with the ridicolous price of 898, it does indeed qualify as "budget", but i thank you guys for your extremely useful comments.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well this laptop has almost identical stats to mine, and mine can run Far Cry 2 with everything on high on 720p res, it also runs COD 5 beautifully, so I say go for it!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good specs for a laptop, and a very good price, your looking at a good laptop here, if only the CPU had 4mb Cache it would be better, nevertheless for 850$ that's great value

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
da_head said:
l3sp0ng said:
Well this laptop has almost identical stats to mine, and mine can run Far Cry 2 with everything on high on 720p res, it also runs COD 5 beautifully, so I say go for it!
finally, someone who actually speaks from experience.

Yeah lol I was amazed at the amount of unhelpful responses you were getting, talking about "n00b" and oxymorons? Please guys look at the stats and only talk when you know what the hell you are talking about. That laptop on paper is a fine gaming machine, stupid n00b morons!

p0wned!
yaypsp.gif

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
l3sp0ng said:
da_head said:
l3sp0ng said:
finally, someone who actually speaks from experience.

Yeah lol I was amazed at the amount of unhelpful responses you were getting, talking about "n00b" and oxymorons? Please guys look at the stats and only talk when you know what the hell you are talking about. That laptop on paper is a fine gaming machine, stupid n00b morons!

p0wned!
yaypsp.gif
rofl!! well said. btw i hope u get better
smile.gif

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
l3sp0ng said:
Thanks man lol

Just checked that laptops benchmark rating here http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForc...-GT.9449.0.html yours scored 9313, my 9500m GS scored 5871, and I get jaw dropping graphics from mine! so I say definitely yes, go for it its a bargain and should run any modern game perfectly!
yaypsp.gif
awesome! lol i can play crysis on low!!
yaynds.gif

aw it doesn't have my laptop as one of the ones that were reviewed. o wellz

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Lmao screw Crysis, that game sucks anyway! Its the only game that gives me trouble, Warhead too, games like gears of war, far cry 2, COD 4 + 5, Race driver Grid, Turok all work beautiful and look better then they do on my 360! And your card looks to be much more powerful then mine.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
l3sp0ng said:
Lmao screw Crysis, that game sucks anyway! Its the only game that gives me trouble, Warhead too, games like gears of war, far cry 2, COD 4 + 5, Race driver Grid, Turok all work beautiful and look better then they do on my 360! And your card looks to be much more powerful then mine.
hmm, and i was thinking about paritioning xp on it too. does that mean the games will run even faster? or is the whole vista slows your games down a myth?

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
You will get a significant boost from XP, when I downgraded mine I could crank up almost every game from lets say high to ultra high. I think newer games are better optimised though, Im running COD 5 and Far Cry 2 on Vista at the moment and I cant really imagine them running better then they do now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo