• Mozaic.. Mozaki ... Mozart (<- wtf?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS Web Browser

• PSP's Built-In Browser

• None. I just read the packetstream in Hexadecimal

• What's a Webrower? Is it an oar used to surf the net?

• Other (Specify)

• The Matrix v7.9

• Total voters

iTech

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
I realy want to know as I'm curious as to what this demographic is using, for one, plus I also think the "official" statistics are doctored to show higher IE prevalence than there realy is. For example, lets say 30% of computer users are using eighter Mac OS
or Linux, then a claim that more than 90% of computer users are using IE doesn't seem right to me.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dillo? Never heard of it. I thought it said something else at first.
smile.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I realy want to know as I'm curious as to what this demographic is using, for one, plus I also think the "official" statistics are doctored to show higher IE prevalence than there realy is. For example, lets say 30% of computer users are using eighter Mac OS
or Linux, then a claim that more than 90% of computer users are using IE doesn't seem right to me.

There is a version of IE for Mac OS. You can also run IE on Linux using Wine. Although anyone using Mac OS or Linux is probably not using IE as a primary browser and only using it for testing their websites or getting into sites that only work with IE.

Some browser info from my site (past 30 days):
CODE# Â#reqs Â#pages Âbrowser
1 Â20677 Â15770 Â MSIE
2 Â11891 Â3189 Â ÂFirefox
3 Â1159 Â 117 Â Â Opera
4 Â783 Â Â779 Â Â Netscape (compatible)
5 Â221 Â Â66 Â Â ÂMozilla
6 Â186 Â Â98 Â Â ÂGooglebot-Image
7 Â167 Â Â12 Â Â ÂSafari
Other are just spider bots (google, etc) and download managers (download accelerator, flashget, etc).

I'd like to see gbatemp.net's stats though.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp is probably not a good place to get an accurate idea of what browser the average computer user uses. Most of the people here are gamers and/or pirates, which means that they will have at least some idea of how to download and use a file.

The majority of IE users (and PC users in general) can't use any file that isn't already on their desktop or in My Documents, unless windows opens the file for them automatically when they put a disc in the CD drive. These people do not download and install Firefox, or Opera, or some other alternative browser.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Opera and FF open, newest versions of both, displaying the same page. Firefox is using 42k of ram, Opera is using 21k.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
firefox, and when im having issues with firefox i use opera. the only reason i dont use opera all the time is an issue with vBulletin boards pm's not displaying right or at all some times, beyond that i prefer opera.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
firefox 2.x (did have alphas of 3 at one point) + a couple of choice extensions: adblock plus, fireftp. keepvid.com kills the need for videodownloader extension.

I.E. is only used for the 2 sites that hate I.E.but have downloads on (chinese version of 4shared/rapidshare), the rest of the time if if it "I.E. only then the site can go unviewed.

3 things though:
a lot of people change the browser ID as a lot of the time that is all an I.E. only site requires.
I doubt here would be a very random selection or even a good one for the reason above and Destructobots reasoning.
More people than you might think use firefox/opera: of the 90 odd individual PCs I have restored over the last few years they have all had an alternative on, this then caused a massive knockon effect for everyone else so when I get calls from friend of friend I find they have a firefox (albeit a very much intweaked one) as well.

All this being said I have been meaning to check out Iceweasel for no real reason.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Firefox 2 off an ubuntu livedisc right now, and once I get my linux reinstalled, I'll probly still be using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!