Hacking Fixed R4 Game Save Error Without Arm7 patch

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BirryPan said:
I think i've fixed the game save error. Just update your r4 firmware with this one.

Works for me.

BirryPan said:
It is just a r4 firmware.

You don't need to patch the rom with arm7.

Don't really know how it works...

How can you say that you fixed the problem and then say you don't know how it works? If you didn't do this yourself then where did you get it from. If you did do it yourself what exactly did you do? To be honest with you this smells fishier than the r4team.com and beves firmwares put together.

QUOTE(BirryPan @ Dec 30 2008, 03:57 AM)
It also fixes the freezing problem of Star Wars Clone Wars Jedi Alliance

How?

edit : Just realized what country you're from. You're not another Beve/Hexane/AeroHex/Vampiric account are you?

BirryPan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry Guys,

It dosn't fix the Jedi Alliance problem. I thought it did cause i opened it and it worked. But it wont play the game.

Posts merged

TrolleyDave said:
BirryPan said:
I think i've fixed the game save error. Just update your r4 firmware with this one.

Works for me.

BirryPan said:
It is just a r4 firmware.

You don't need to patch the rom with arm7.

Don't really know how it works...

How can you say that you fixed the problem and then say you don't know how it works? If you didn't do this yourself then where did you get it from. If you did do it yourself what exactly did you do? To be honest with you this smells fishier than the r4team.com and beves firmwares put together.

QUOTE(BirryPan @ Dec 30 2008, 03:57 AM)
It also fixes the freezing problem of Star Wars Clone Wars Jedi Alliance

How?

edit : Just realized what country you're from. You're not another Beve/Hexane/AeroHex/Vampiric account are you?

I got it from my friends r4 i noticed he could play games without the game save error

Whats a Beve/Hexane/AeroHex/Vampiric account

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just checked your firmware and it's a prebundled version of YSMenu, hence the reason that it works without Arm patching. Yasu doesn't allow the spreading of a prebundled ready to download version of YSMenu, which is why Maikel created R4YSauto. Yasu will actually cease development of his replacement firmware if he finds people spreading it across forums so would you do everyone who uses YSMenu a favour and remove your download link please. And claiming someone elses homebrew as your own work is a big no-no on this forum.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the link here yesterday, the download was certainly NOT Y's menu.... did it get changed ?

I can't test it cause I have no R4 about at the moment.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
rasputin said:
From the link here yesterday, the download was certainly NOT Y's menu.... did it get changed ?

I can't test it cause I have no R4 about at the moment.

The download certainly WAS YSMenu. I decrypted it and checked it with a hex editor.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
absoulutely not Y's menu... http://www.2shared.com/file/4550237/f14717..._error_fix.html
uploaded from my desktop where it's been since I downloaded it yesterday.

my guess is the original poster changed the download, but needing to open stuff in a hex-editor to see if it's Y's menu is really not needed, it's very recognisable from it .ini file usercheat.dat folder layout names etc etc.. they are most distinctively different from each other with just a few seconds glance at the files and folders.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, looks like I was wrong. I must've opened the wrong output.dat somehow (apologies to the OP) as that download definitely isn't YSMenu.

I've just run this in a file compare util though and there are 510 bytes at the very end that is different. If you unpack the decrypted files all the unpacked files match byte for byte so I'm unsure of what the difference in data is or does. It's definitely a hacked version of 1.18, what the hack is though I don't know.

The original poster claimed he created this, then he claimed he didn't know what was done, then he claimed he got it from a friend. It still smells pretty fishy to me but I will admit that I made a mistake in my first assessment of it being YSMenu. Using file names and structure isn't enough to guarantee it's not YSMenu though, the fake R4 Team released 1.19 which looked completely different file structure wise to Yasus firmware but opening it up in a hex editor showed the YSMenu strings at the end, which is why I checked this one in the file editor.

Again, my apologies to the OP. Although I'd like to know where his friend sourced this from so I can find out what's been done and why it allegedly works. I don't think any veterans here will give it the ok until then, but anyone who wants to try it out should but at their own risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: