Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dead?
i hope we get stuff sooon!
Eh? Last post was only a few days ago.
Dead would be a few months, levels take time and at any rate asides from the Kokiri Forest map I don't think anyone else is really working on anything. I might give it a go after my exam in two days.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm mainly researching the game data, right now i'm trying to get custom bgms working.
A new version of the editor is pretty much ready.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, the latest stable release of the editor is not good enough to make levels, things like children objects, rails and so on are not implemented, and to do simple things you need to do many steps, the next version has some quick actions to really speed up level making, rail viewing and editing, and a better children objects management

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget the viewing part,that's important ! XD
Yeah, that especially...

...you know, since actually "Viewing" these is a lot better than opening the path, opening the list, finding each individual X value to have three of the exact same number, then creating a dummy object and moving it there, then finding the Y and Z (still repeated three times), then putting the dummy object there to show you where the First Point of the path is, and then SUCCESS!
In only FIVE MINUTES, you've found the first point one out of thirty-five!

Now try Editing them! :D

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, that especially...

...you know, since actually "Viewing" these is a lot better than opening the path, opening the list, finding each individual X value to have three of the exact same number, then creating a dummy object and moving it there, then finding the Y and Z (still repeated three times), then putting the dummy object there to show you where the First Point of the path is, and then SUCCESS!
In only FIVE MINUTES, you've found the first point one out of thirty-five!

Now try Editing them! :D
And you didn't check out ChildrenObjects related stuff like Bum-Bum battles yet :)

Actually i have no idea why every rail point has 3 values, since in every level i checked they were always equal, from now will be displayed only one value.
Also, editing rails still requires to manually put X,Y,Z values for the points, but is faster since you can put an object where you want the rail point, copy it's position and paste into the point.
Another thing weird about the game is that object that require rails not only need the rail in the AllRails section, but also a copy of the rail in the object itself, and this too can be easily done by coping the rail and pasting it in the object

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm mainly researching the game data, right now i'm trying to get custom bgms working.
A new version of the editor is pretty much ready.

Also, the latest stable release of the editor is not good enough to make levels, things like children objects, rails and so on are not implemented, and to do simple things you need to do many steps, the next version has some quick actions to really speed up level making, rail viewing and editing, and a better children objects management

Hey exelix!
After finally getting nw4c working and then exporting my obj model to cmdl and from there i used the tools to bcmdl. I created the .kcl and .pa files and the bcmdl too. I then used efe to open an object data already in the game, and then i replaced its files with the my .kcl, .pa and .bcmdl files. Then i opened up the firststagedata.szs and put the object in the level, i also made sure to add it in preloadfilelist.

But when i boot the game, my model is invisible mario does not fall through. He walks on an invisible platform :/ why do you think... What is the problem ?

I am sorry! It worked, after walking a little bit, my model suddenly popped up. You did something in your video about radius.. maybe it is that

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey exelix!
After finally getting nw4c working and then exporting my obj model to cmdl and from there i used the tools to bcmdl. I created the .kcl and .pa files and the bcmdl too. I then used efe to open an object data already in the game, and then i replaced its files with the my .kcl, .pa and .bcmdl files. Then i opened up the firststagedata.szs and put the object in the level, i also made sure to add it in preloadfilelist.

But when i boot the game, my model is invisible mario does not fall through. He walks on an invisible platform :/ why do you think... What is the problem ?

I am sorry! It worked, after walking a little bit, my model suddenly popped up. You did something in your video about radius.. maybe it is that
Yep it must be the clipping.
A thing you can do to quickly fix it is add a viewctrlarea that includes the whole model in the game, set it's first arg to a number (like 1) and add to your object a property called "ViewId" and set that to the same number. This will make the object always visible when mario is in that area

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Also do you know whether 3ds supports showing jpg textures or is it only png. I imported a very complex super mario galaxy level, but 3ds froze... Do you know how many polygons are needed so i can chekc before exporting :-))

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also do you know whether 3ds supports showing jpg textures or is it only png. I imported a very complex super mario galaxy level, but 3ds froze... Do you know how many polygons are needed so i can chekc before exporting :-))
Texture format should not matter since the model is converted from the nw4c exporter.
I don't know if there is a polygon limit, try dividing the model in different parts

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There definitely is a limit to filesize/Polygons of certain objects...

For example (with layeredFS), I replaced mario's model with yoshi's (a much bigger file), both a green one for his normal body and a red one for his fireball variation. However, only one of them can actually be loaded at a time; if I put both in the folder at the same time, the game crashes before it can load the title screen animations, but separately they both are fully functional.

Ella879

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There definitely is a limit to filesize/Polygons of certain objects...

For example (with layeredFS), I replaced mario's model with yoshi's (a much bigger file), both a green one for his normal body and a red one for his fireball variation. However, only one of them can actually be loaded at a time; if I put both in the folder at the same time, the game crashes before it can load the title screen animations, but separately they both are fully functional.
OOOO!! SCREENY OF YOSH1 MAR1O~

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOOO!! SCREENY OF YOSH1 MAR1O~
Umm... Okay

WjWhJJK.png

I'm trying to re-do him from scratch with a lower-poly model though, so it will actually be possible to have more than one costume available at a time

Reactions: AtlasFontaine

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
release pls!
It's not done though; I learned I can only import one version of yoshi (he has too many polys and can only replace a single mario model, else the game will crash), so he'll turn back into mario when you pick up any powerups...

I'm trying to re-make him using a lower-poly model so I can give him powerup variations without 3dLand crashing.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not done though; I learned I can only import one version of yoshi (he has too many polys and can only replace a single mario model, else the game will crash), so he'll turn back into mario when you pick up any powerups...

I'm trying to re-make him using a lower-poly model so I can give him powerup variations without 3dLand crashing.
3D land doesn't have yoshi, how did you made the rig and the animations ?

Also, i guess that it's more likely to be a size limit, because the game crashes on loading the title screen, not when mario gets a power up,how big is your bcmdl model ?
Before remaking the model, try using smaller textures, like 64x64 or 32x32.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D land doesn't have yoshi, how did you made the rig and the animations ?
I used http://gbatemp.net/threads/super-mario-3d-land-model-importing.407298/ to import the model, but had to manually tweak around the skeleton to get everything oriented right, since the skeleton is exported broken for a weird unknown reason. I did not tweak any of the animations.

Also, i guess that it's more likely to be a size limit, because the game crashes on loading the title screen, not when mario gets a power up,how big is your bcmdl model ?
Before remaking the model, try using smaller textures, like 64x64 or 32x32.
It's much bigger than Mario's file; I'll try remaking it with smaller textures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They need to add air tags to they airbuds..