Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
c00ld00d said:
triassic911 said:
c00ld00d said:
I patched the iso with the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND patch. It updated my wii to 4.1U as expected. Then I keep getting "An Error has occurred.. Please eject" error. I have a wiikey v1. Old backups still work fine. Trying to get this game to play without installing HBC. Please advise.
Impossible. You MUST use homebrew channel as you need to use dop-ios to trucha patch ios 53 and whatever ios 4.1 uses.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to install HBC via bannerbomb.
Since I will be installing HBC, what is the easiest way to play this game? Reading up on dop-iso and trucha patch seemed confusing (and dangerous).
If i just use NeoGamma R8Beta7 as a backup launcher, will it play the unpatched game without installing any iso or cios?

TIA
You will have to install at least one cIOS or trucha patch a few existing IOS to get it to run. If you already have burnt a patched ISO simply install HBC, install cIOS rev14 as IOS249, and then run the disc via NeoGamma R8Beta7. That's the least "invasive" way to get it going since you aren't modifying any official IOS.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ryoaska1 said:
triassic911 said:
Retail version works fine but it will prompt you to update.

Thanks for the quick response. If I let the game update (or do it through the system menu instead if that works) will this have any adverse affect on being able to run everything that's worked for me so far with my current setup, or is there any other known reason I wouldn't want to do this right now other than just staying on the safe side for future changes?
Let the NSMBW game disc update. It will bump you up to 4.1U (and update you to Boot2v4). You won't lose any functionality.

DON'T update through the system menu / internet connection. That will update you to 4.2U and block your WiiKey from using other region discs.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stefer said:
I have a flatmii, a 4.2u (safely updated, all my other games work, meaning i updated the wad files by hand)
I have ios70 trucha signed.
I used DOP-ios8 to trucha sign ios53
I used the patch for the usa iso to patch it. I load the qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso in flatmii, the game gets detected in the disc channel, i start it, black screen.

The patch i used is New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND

any idea?
unsure.gif

BTW i tried the Gecko OS method with the cheat file provided on page 6 or 7 of this thread (yes... converted it to a gct file), Gecko OS finds the cheat file, applies it, loads the game, green screen...
frown.gif

If you're trying this through the Flatmii, you are out of luck. The game seems to be incompatible with it. I've tried several different approaches and haven't gotten it to work at all.

ryoaska1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
ryoaska1 said:
triassic911 said:
Retail version works fine but it will prompt you to update.

Thanks for the quick response. If I let the game update (or do it through the system menu instead if that works) will this have any adverse affect on being able to run everything that's worked for me so far with my current setup, or is there any other known reason I wouldn't want to do this right now other than just staying on the safe side for future changes?
Let the NSMBW game disc update. It will bump you up to 4.1U (and update you to Boot2v4). You won't lose any functionality.

DON'T update through the system menu / internet connection. That will update you to 4.2U and block your WiiKey from using other region discs.

Thanks a lot for the helpful responses guys
smile.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CuriousG said:
goober22 said:
wolffangalchemist said:
since most are complaining about NSMB Wii not working from disc it might be time for you to get a usb hard drive and format it to WBFS.

Why? I have 100's of backup that work just fine. Why would I want to go thru the trouble of a drive for just ONE GAME?!!!
QUOTEmost usb hard drives are real cheap, seen some for as little as $50 some places and most any work with the usb loader.
it's a lot simpler to invest in one especially if you're gonna pirate games anyway think of it as cheaper in the long run since you don't have to keep buying spindles of DVD-/+R and you don't end up with coasters do to new copy protection schemes.
i haven't regretted my investment one bit best money i ever spent on my Wii was on my usb hard drive.

What?! one update security and the need for a drive? Come on! DVD-r = 34 cents - drive = $80. That means over 210 dvds for one USB drive. Can 200 discs fit on one USB drive? The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Chicken Little. Let's just get a fix!!!
Because you're missing out on the advantages of using a USB Loader such as ease of carrying your whole collection of games with you. You don't have to shuffle tons of discs to look for the title you want to play. You know it will boot and not get a DRE. Loaders such as USB Loader GX has synopsis of games and game ratings (not sure if they implemented ratings for play so you can restrict R games for adults only if you have children). Load time is faster.

And no this isn't for one game. The trouble you hear people just trying to get this one game to work with discs should tell you enough. At what point is it worth it to patch every disc manually or use some kind of cheat code because you're still using last year's technology to boot your games? Backing up games is much easier than backing up to SD then dump it on your computer so you can burn it. Loading games for ISO is much faster onto HD than it is to burn. And yes you can fit over 200 DVDs onto a 500GB HD. But if you're going to be so cheap about it, I just hope the next time you have a question about how to get the game to work by disc that people will just ignore you.

This is the first game I have ever had to patch to play on my WiiKey 1.9s. So yes, it IS getting a drive for one game.

The question I have is, do you think companies will make firmware udpates to allow this game to run without modifying IOS? Is it even possible? etc, etc etc. I do NOT feel good about patching any IOS on my Wii. Obviously if I want to play this right now, I'd have to buy it. Thankfully MW2 is out so my attention is elsewhere. Nonetheless, are all of these quick hacks just quick dirty hacks?

tiagofl

Trophies
XP
Country
This is how I proceded to run New Super Mario Bros. (NTSC) DVD on my softmoded wii 4.0

How to run New Super Mario Bros. Wii on DVD:

1. Get the patched NTSC version of New Super Mario Bros Wii
2. Install CIOS rev 15 through Homebrew Channel
3. Install USB Loader GX 1.0
4. Run New Super Mario Bros. NTSC (patched) DVD on USB Loader GX 1.0 Disc launcher.
5. Have Fun!

---> Now, USB Loader GX 1.0 can runs DVD
---> My Wii is softmoded with firmware 4.0
---> I'd installed CIOS rev 15

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
pinkshirt said:
stefer said:
I have a flatmii, a 4.2u (safely updated, all my other games work, meaning i updated the wad files by hand)
I used the patch for the usa iso to patch it. I load the qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso in flatmii, the game gets detected in the disc channel, i start it, black screen.

any idea?
unsure.gif

BTW i tried the Gecko OS method with the cheat file provided on page 6 or 7 of this thread (yes... converted it to a gct file), Gecko OS finds the cheat file, applies it, loads the game, green screen...
frown.gif

If you're trying this through the Flatmii, you are out of luck. The game seems to be incompatible with it. I've tried several different approaches and haven't gotten it to work at all.
Great..... well thx for taking the time to reply. I will keep looking. I might put my d2sun back in...

oldskooldork23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tiagofl said:
This is how I proceded to run New Super Mario Bros. DVD on my softmoded wii 4.0

1. Install CIOS rev 15 through Homebrew Channel
2. Install USB Loader GX 1.0
3. Run New Super Mario Bros. DVD on USB Loader GX 1.0 Disc launcher.
4. Have Fun!

Now is this just a straight up rip of NSMB we're burning or one of the patched ones?

Jools07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
3.2U
WiiKey 1.9s
NTSC-U Wii

I brickblocked and it boots from the disc channel but I got an error message part way through world 1-1.

What do I need to do to play from the dvd with no problems. I already have the HMC installed.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinkshirt said:
stefer said:

any idea?
unsure.gif

frown.gif

To quote Flatmii support:
"for new protection redownload the software in ...

www.flatmii.com/flatmii125.rar"

I downloaded this, it does appear to be a new version of the software. I have not yet been able to test it. I will post results later.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
This is the first game I have ever had to patch to play on my WiiKey 1.9s. So yes, it IS getting a drive for one game.

And you think this is going to be the only game that Nintendo are going to use this protection on?

Anyway, you don't need to buy a hard-drive just to store this one game, it's 350 meg for christs sake, unless you're posting this on Netscape from a 1994 time warp surely you've got at least a 1gig usb stick or SD card lying around.

The fact is that hardware only mods are fast becoming archaic.

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI:
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX_Wii-iND
Filename: "ind-nsmbw-ios"
Hopefully this may help some. Haven't tried it.

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ju421019

if you already have usb loader working you only need to patch the iso with the main.dol file running around then transfer to your wbfs drive. Enable 002 in settings for NSMB game and your done.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinkshirt said:
goober22 said:
I have a wiikey v1 and patched 4.1U - no softmod, no loaders but homebrew channel. I applied the IND patch to the iso and burned the resulting "fixed" iso to a RW. I get the splash screen in the disc channel but when I launch it, it errors out telling to shut down and restart the wii.

Not sure if I need a patched ios or not.
Trucha patch your IOS53 and IOS60. IOS53 might not need it, but IOS60 will. You can't play a trucha signed game like your patched one through the disc channel unless the IOS for your system menu is patched to allow it.
Since you have the homebrew channel, you could just launch the unpatched game through GeckoOS with the appropriate cheat file installed to bypass the protection.

Okay, I seem to have it working now. I already had a patched IOS60 but I got Dop-IOS and loaded/patched IOS53. It runs okay and played for about 30 minutes - well past the 10 minute security shutdown.

Thanks for the help and I'll look into GeckoOS as a backup.
smile.gif

tiagofl

Trophies
XP
Country
oldskooldork23 said:
tiagofl said:
This is how I proceded to run New Super Mario Bros. DVD on my softmoded wii 4.0

1. Install CIOS rev 15 through Homebrew Channel
2. Install USB Loader GX 1.0
3. Run New Super Mario Bros. DVD on USB Loader GX 1.0 Disc launcher.
4. Have Fun!

Now is this just a straight up rip of NSMB we're burning or one of the patched ones?

It's the patched one.

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
None of this seems to be working for me. I have softmodded Wii Sys menu 4.1 Preloader 0.30 and cios rev 15. tried the neogamma r7 green screen fail, tried neogamma r8 b7 and get error 001 unauthorized device. no usb device trying this from disc. someone mentioned about using USB Loader GX Disc loader, i don't get an option for a disc loader with it....please some one help
huh.gif

Is there any IOS's that need patching or anything that seems to make it work?

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
pinkshirt said:
pinkshirt said:
stefer said:

any idea?
unsure.gif

frown.gif

To quote Flatmii support:
"for new protection redownload the software in ...

www.flatmii.com/flatmii125.rar"

I downloaded this, it does appear to be a new version of the software. I have not yet been able to test it. I will post results later.
The game loaded! I played 1-1, and quick saved. I'll try later to see if i get DREs after a few minutes.
smile.gif
(i played the un-patched ISO)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.