Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

kpoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yatzr said:
highanimalhouse said:
xboxrules said:
I've seen the New Super Mario Bros Wii USA main dol FiX Wii iND.zip running around but curious if anyone has taken the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_Wii-QwiiF iso file, patched it then brickblocked it? I'm running a 3.3U Wii with an original Wasabi chip and curious if the game requires the update?

I can't tell if it actually does anything. I run the file under DOS and .exe and nothing happens unless the game is now patched and it doesn't tell me.
There should be a .bat file that you need to run. It will then create a copy of the iso called qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso. I just patched mine, but I won't be able to try it out until tonight.

I have a Wii with just the WiiKey2 in it (no custom IOS's or running through USB loaders). I tried patching the Qwiif release. When I put it in, it asked to update my system. Not sure what it did as I was at 4.1U before and I am still at 4.1U. The game failed to load and would give the disc error.
I went and burned the plain Qwiif release and it seemed to work fine. I've only played a couple worlds so not sure if it will crap out on me shortly. I may try patching again as it may have just been a bad burn.
My experiences so far.

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may need to extract the rar file and run. It takes awhile to run and at the end, I have nsbm_fixed.iso. I have not tested it yet.

hh_8383

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
how do u exactly patch it? i have both the fix and the iso? but totally no idea how to patch it.
Anyone can help me? really appreciate it.

kpoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hh_8383 said:
how do u exactly patch it? i have both the fix and the iso? but totally no idea how to patch it.
Anyone can help me? really appreciate it.

Put the patch files in the same directory as the Qwiif iso file and run the batch file that came with the patch. It will create a new .iso file with -fixed on the end of it.

hh_8383

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks, i ran the batch and the fixed iso appeared, just that it's 0 KB!!
did i missed out anything? other than the BATCH file and the unpatched iso,
i only have these other 2 files in the same directory:

imagePatch.exe

qf-nsmbw.iso.imageDiff

did i miss out anything? thanks

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I did - the files are from Newsgroup.

1. I extract ImageDiff.rar to the same folder (#1 is my folder name - rar file comes with it)
2. Copy qf-nsmbw.iso to that folder (#1)
3. Go to DOS and that folder #1
4. run qf-nsmbw.bat
5. You see the program runs. Go make a coffee and FINISH your coffee.
6. You will see qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso
7. Copy to USB and ran NeoGamma v6 without any problem.
8. I have not burned the disk but I assume it is ok.

The PAL fix version does not work with my NeoGamma v6. You have to install other fix and other program to run DISK or USB.
Good Luck.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tomobobo said:
Retal said:
Overrated crap.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros. I'd turn on my SNES, but I don't, because I finished that years ago.

This is like Super Mario for casuals.

Um, have you played the game?

This is the hardest Mario game ever. They don't give you yoshi houses to get free crap all the time, they don't give you extra saveable items to drop down whenever you need them. The final Bowser fight is the most out of control tough Mario boss there has ever been. The game ramps up in dificulty after the first world. Not only all of this, but try to play 4-Player and not die every 4 seconds from someone jumping on your head and sending you into a pit of lava.

This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I'm the most critical gamer I've ever met. This game restored my faith in the video game industry, in creativity, in dedication to the gamer. It has classic written all over it, every second is pure nostalgia.
This is not at all the hardest Mario game ever, and I have no clue why people are saying that.
The first four worlds (which is almost half the game) are a cakewalk, and then comes the point when it gets mildly challenging, at least for Mario afficionados...Why would you need a Yoshi house when there's like a dozen mushroom houses per map and you rake up like 50 lives by the end of world 3?
Also there appears to be no penalty at all for going game-over, at least not in multiplayer (as I haven't gone game-over once in singleplayer)...

The game's a whole lot of fun in multiplayer, but in singleplayer it blows pretty hard for a Mario game...Even if you're not a fan of the old Mario games, NSMB DS is still way better in singleplayer, and I mean way way better. I'm also kinda disappointed that they used the same blocky 2D sprite structure for leveldesigns as they did in NSMB DS, it's way outdated...All in all I think it's a really fun game at least in multiplayer, but you can tell Nintendo didn't put nearly as much effort into it as they should have...After all, it's a Mario game and their big game for christmas.

Also, am I the only one who is annoyed by the monotonous structure of, like, every level?
It's nice that they've implemented many ideas into the game, but why make every level a one-trick pony by only using one idea on one level?
They could've mixed up things a bit, there's no challenge in overcoming the same obstacle a dozen times in a row.

Oisterboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just actually got a drivekey from a friend for free.

I'm TOTALLY new to the chip (never bothered to read on it, haven't even installed it)...but, will having the chip installed make this game playable without all this nonsensical patching?

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikey v1 and patched 4.1U - no softmod, no loaders but homebrew channel. I applied the IND patch to the iso and burned the resulting "fixed" iso to a RW. I get the splash screen in the disc channel but when I launch it, it errors out telling to shut down and restart the wii.

Not sure if I need a patched ios or not.

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when u use WINRAR, rar file will pick up r0,r1....rnn, and extract them.

For another questioner that PM me, you need to have your HD parttiion as WBFS to run from USB or SD card. I think you can burn to DVD and it should work fine. I did not mention HD because I did not do that. So why dont you burn it and let us know the DVD backup works fine.

hh_8383 said:
thanks,

but there are 2 files:

ind-nsmbw.rar

ind-nsmbw.r00

I do not need to care about the 2nd one?

rmorris003

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oisterboy said:

I'm TOTALLY new to the chip (never bothered to read on it, haven't even installed it)...but, will having the chip installed make this game playable without all this nonsensical patching?
nope doesnt work on my drive key or with neogamma r8 and rev 14 it just reboots the system and tried the patched version to from dvd and no go, i dont have a usb drive or big enough sd card either to test

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goober22 said:
I have a wiikey v1 and patched 4.1U - no softmod, no loaders but homebrew channel. I applied the IND patch to the iso and burned the resulting "fixed" iso to a RW. I get the splash screen in the disc channel but when I launch it, it errors out telling to shut down and restart the wii.

Trucha patch your IOS53 and IOS60. IOS53 might not need it, but IOS60 will. You can't play a trucha signed game like your patched one through the disc channel unless the IOS for your system menu is patched to allow it.
Since you have the homebrew channel, you could just launch the unpatched game through GeckoOS with the appropriate cheat file installed to bypass the protection.

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comon,

The program is only .34 GB under WBFS to run. You dont need to have 8GB to contain the ISO. Most the Wii game is under 2 GB. so your 2GB SD card should work. You need to get WBFS to format it it and copy the ISO to WBFS and run it.

rmorris003 said:
Oisterboy said:

nope doesnt work on my drive key or with neogamma r8 and rev 14 it just reboots the system and tried the patched version to from dvd and no go, i dont have a usb drive or big enough sd card either to test

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinkshirt said:
goober22 said:

Trucha patch your IOS53 and IOS60. IOS53 might not need it, but IOS60 will. You can't play a trucha signed game like your patched one through the disc channel unless the IOS for your system menu is patched to allow it.
Since you have the homebrew channel, you could just launch the unpatched game through GeckoOS with the appropriate cheat file installed to bypass the protection.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have Gecko installed as I didn't think I'd ever use it!
wacko.gif

I was thinking the wiikey would let the game run after the patch - guess not.

Okay on the IOS's. Is there an app I can use thru HBC that will download and patch the IOS's for me?
unsure.gif
It seems like there is but I don't really keep up on all those apps. Much thanks again.

And BTW, is there away to see what IOS's I have on my wii and if they are patched or not?

Agu Fungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone is asking, here are the bypass codes for both PAL and NTSC:

Code:
SMNP01
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (EUR)

Protection Fix [Code by Fenrir]
041AF710 4E800020
Code:
SMNE01
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

Protection Fix [Original code by Fenrir, converted to NTSC by jakejm79]
041AF5D0 4E800020

All I had to do is convert them back to TXT.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
To run a LEGIT (IDK about backup yet) disc on 4.0 or 4.1 firmware without updating, the old Preloader code still works. openWiiFlow R21 BETA can work with Pal and NTSC on USB...

Posts merged

To run a LEGIT (IDK about backup yet) disc on 4.0 or 4.1 firmware without updating, the old Preloader code still works. openWiiFlow R21 BETA can work with Pal and NTSC on USB...

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since most are complaining about NSMB Wii not working from disc it might be time for you to get a usb hard drive and format it to WBFS.
most usb hard drives are real cheap, seen some for as little as $50 some places and most any work with the usb loader.
it's a lot simpler to invest in one especially if you're gonna pirate games anyway think of it as cheaper in the long run since you don't have to keep buying spindles of DVD-/+R and you don't end up with coasters do to new copy protection schemes.
i haven't regretted my investment one bit best money i ever spent on my Wii was on my usb hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0