The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Official E3 Game Trailer

TheLegendOfZelda_BreathOfTheWild-850x560.jpg
The new Legend of Zelda title has finally been given an official name 'Breath of the Wild' - in addition to an official E3 trailer. Check it out below.

Eiji Aonuma said that he designed this game to “rethink the conventions of Zelda.” The trailer shows that he may be correct as you can do more in this game than you could in any previous title in the franchise. Expect more information soon as Nintendo continues to showcase this game during GBAtemp's E3 coverage. Breath of the Wild will release next year on both the Wii U and NX.

:arrow: Check out our live E3 coverage here

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I spoiled myself after playing witched 3 maxed out and skyrim with enb and shitton of other mods because this looks like shit to me now.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
I am actually disappointed in the game. Skyrim came out in 2011 and it looks better then what I have seen so far in the hour or so of zelda gameplay video released, basically it is skyward sword open world. They should have stuck to wind waker style or twilight princess style, not this in between feminized link garbage.

Reactions: antiswirl

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Am I the only one seeing this or does everything look... misty? It seems that the whole world is behind a layer of mist at all times, kind of like how in Twilight Princess looked "muddy" due to excessive use of bloom. It makes everything look grey-ish, the colours are less crisp and vibrant than they're ought to be, and the visuals lose definition as a result. I noticed it at E3 2014 and it doesn't seem like they've done much about it. It seems out of place in a game that's supposed to be a colourful fantasy fun adventure.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Am I the only one seeing this or does everything seem... misty? It seems that the whole world is behind a layer of mist at all times, kind of like how in Twilight Princess looked "muddy" due to excessive bloom. It makes everything look grey-ish, the colours are less crisp and vibrant than they're ought to be, and the visuals lose definition as a result. I noticed it at E3 2014 and it doesn't seem like they've done much about it.
Maybe it's because they were playing the underpowered Wii U version while keeping the NX as a surprise to wow the audience later on. Wii U gamers at least can't complain they're not getting a new Zelda game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe it's because they were playing the underpowered Wii U version while keeping the NX as a surprise to wow the audience later on. Wii U gamers at least can't complain they're not getting a new Zelda game.
I know draw distance is an issue, but here even things on the first plane are covered in mist. It's how the game is rendered. A bit weird. It adds an aura of mysticism I guess, but I find it odd.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

To be fair, this has the potential to be the second 3D Zelda game that doesn't suck donkey dong and the first that I'll actually play, so hey, it's not all bad.
Agreed. Zelda:BotW doesn't look like it's doing anything new that other games haven't done already but still somewhat interesting and even though they've not shown footage of of the NX version, chances are it'll look better than the muddy, brown, blurry and dated visuals of Wii U version.

I can't wait to read comments about how loud the disc spins on the Wii U in order to load the game and its content. lol

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Agreed. Zelda:BotW doesn't look like it's doing anything new that other games haven't done already but still somewhat interesting and even though they've not shown footage of of the NX version, chances are it'll look better than the muddy, brown, blurry and dated visuals of Wii U version.

I can't wait to read comments about how loud the disc spins on the Wii U in order to load the game and its content. lol
more ram plz

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out