The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Official E3 Game Trailer

TheLegendOfZelda_BreathOfTheWild-850x560.jpg
The new Legend of Zelda title has finally been given an official name 'Breath of the Wild' - in addition to an official E3 trailer. Check it out below.

Eiji Aonuma said that he designed this game to “rethink the conventions of Zelda.” The trailer shows that he may be correct as you can do more in this game than you could in any previous title in the franchise. Expect more information soon as Nintendo continues to showcase this game during GBAtemp's E3 coverage. Breath of the Wild will release next year on both the Wii U and NX.

:arrow: Check out our live E3 coverage here

S

Saiyan Lusitano

For the argument of femLink, I have points for both sides (at least in regards to this game)

Pro female:
Link is constantly being reincarnated every time he dies. There is even in implication in Hyrule Historia that the second Link dies, the spirit of the Hero moves to another child being born. Because of this, would it not make sense that half the time you would end up with a female child? Or at the very least, every once in a while if there were no male children being born?​

Pro male:
Link is and always has been a male. If there are no male hosts for the Hero then the Godesses will create one. Besides, that is irrelevant in this game, because this is a previous Hero that has been pulled out of suspended animation (or resurrected, as the game implies. We'll have to see which is technically more correct as time passes)​
If Nintendo were to introduce a female Link (not Linkle!) then they would have to do it properly than have her as a forced and gimmicky character just for the sake of having because she's a female. Much like the new Ghostbusters by Paul Feig which he and Amy Pascal pushed their feminist in order to have a feminist movie, not to mention anyone who dislikes and criticises it, is a "sexist" and "misogynist" according to them (Feig even insulted the audience and so did Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones and the media outlet too). We don't see this B.S. to make a female Kratos, female Nathan Drake, female Donkey Kong, female Duke Nukem, female Master Chief, female Goku, female Ryu, female Ken, female Akuma, female Shadow the Hedgehog, female Kazuma, female Luffy, female Sanji and so on because these would've all felt forced and just doing for the sake of it.

Link has always been the hero of the Zelda games (except for that one CDI game, I know) so it makes sense to leave as it is and even if someone were to compare it to Pokémon they'd lose the argument because in Pokémon you've always played as different trainers/people than a single one only.

Bottom line, I'm glad Nintendo's not sucking it up to have a gimmicky female character because an audience that won't even buy the game is asking for. I'm just tired of how everything needs to cater to have female characters or what have you, even if there isn't much of a point. Speaking of not much of a point, there's going to be a new Female Ocean's 11.

Reactions: tbb043

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo were to introduce a female Link (not Linkle!) then they would have to do it properly than have her as a forced and gimmicky character just for the sake of having because she's a female. Much like the new Ghostbusters by Paul Feig which he and Amy Pascal pushed their feminist in order to have a feminist movie, not to mention anyone who dislikes and criticises it, is a "sexist" and "misogynist" according to them (Feig even insulted the audience and so did Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones and the media outlet too). We don't see this B.S. to make a female Kratos, female Nathan Drake, female Donkey Kong, female Duke Nukem, female Master Chief, female Goku, female Ryu, female Ken, female Akuma, female Shadow the Hedgehog, female Kazuma, female Luffy, female Sanji and so on because these would've all felt forced and just doing for the sake of it.

Link has always been the hero of the Zelda games (except for that one CDI game, I know) so it makes sense to leave as it is and even if someone were to compare it to Pokémon they'd lose the argument because in Pokémon you've always played as different trainers/people than a single one only.

Bottom line, I'm glad Nintendo's not sucking it up to have a gimmicky female character because an audience that won't even buy the game is asking for. I'm just tired of how everything needs to cater to have female characters or what have you, even if there isn't much of a point. Speaking of not much of a point, there's going to be a new Female Ocean's 11.
Link is constantly being reincarnated every time he dies. There is even in implication in Hyrule Historia that the second Link dies, the spirit of the Hero moves to another child being born. Because of this, would it not make sense that half the time you would end up with a female child? Or at the very least, every once in a while if there were no male children being born?
Read that again. A female Link could make sense in the timeline because of this, it wouldn't necessarily just be a gimmick. I get what you're saying, but that argument doesn't hold in a game who's plot is that every time a hero dies they are reborn

Edit: Don't read into that as me necessarily supporting the idea of a femLink, but I am trying to get it out there that the idea isn't as "rainbows and unicorns" as so many gamers seem to think it is

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's a fair point, I'll admit but if Nintendo had just straight up replaced Link with a female character they would have received backlash rightfully because Link has been the playable hero character on Zelda games for over 30 years and that's just something no one can pretend it doesn't matter. Link has been engrained into fans and gamers' mind alike because he's not just some random character but the hero in this matter. I personally wouldn't mind if they were to bring a strong, creative and fresh female character into the game but entirely optional because not everyone would be happy playing as the new female character -- However, if she were like Nariko I don't think a lot would mind the change albeit it'd feel more like a spin-off without Link around.

What do most think when they think about the Zelda series? Link, Ganondorf and Zelda. Link is definitely an important aspect of the game that can't be swept under the carpet.

Oh yeah, I really like the cover of Breath of the Wild (I keep thinking of "Breath of Fire" lol). Imo, this is by far the best Zelda cover:

91sdkx4WRDL._SL1500_.jpg

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if that "Open your eyes, Link" voice is from in-game or it's purely for the trailer like wind waker trailer? (I think it's wind waker that had the introduction text voiced in the trailer)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a fair point, I'll admit but if Nintendo had just straight up replaced Link with a female character they would have received backlash rightfully because Link has been the playable hero character on Zelda games for over 30 years and that's just something no one can pretend it doesn't matter. Link has been engrained into fans and gamers' mind alike because he's not just some random character but the hero in this matter. I personally wouldn't mind if they were to bring a strong, creative and fresh female character into the game but entirely optional because not everyone would be happy playing as the new female character -- However, if she were like Nariko I don't think a lot would mind the change albeit it'd feel more like a spin-off without Link around.

What do most think when they think about the Zelda series? Link, Ganondorf and Zelda. Link is definitely an important aspect of the game that can't be swept under the carpet.

Oh yeah, I really like the cover of Breath of the Wild (I keep thinking of "Breath of Fire" lol). Imo, this is by far the best Zelda cover:

91sdkx4WRDL._SL1500_.jpg
But what I'm saying is that if any particular incarnation of the Hero were born female, it would still be Link

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also ningendo lied to us
PfiajEQSSYCTwbZL3Z42_13467786_10208763773626847_845963454_o.jpg

the one from 2014 is clearly a scripted video.
Or possibly that will be what the NX version will look like, but yeah I'm a tad disappointed with the graphical fidelity of stuff like bushes, trees, and rocks with the demo they presented

That said, the gameplay and sheer vastness of the world absolutely blew me away No pun intended

S

Saiyan Lusitano

God forbid Nintendo would release the demo of Zelda:BotW on the eShop for a limited time than limit only for those at E3.. :-/

also ningendo lied to us
PfiajEQSSYCTwbZL3Z42_13467786_10208763773626847_845963454_o.jpg

the one from 2014 is clearly a scripted video.
I don't think anyone really expected the Wii U to be capable of running visuals like the ones shown on the E3 2014. It may however be like that on the NX but I can't be arsed to buy the NX on the launch day for Zelda only.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...