Tears of the Kingdom is both the fastest-selling Zelda game and fastest-selling Nintendo game of all time

gjfidgd.png

In less than a week since the game launched The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is crushing records. The game sold a massive 10 million copies worldwide, making it the fastest-selling Zelda game ever, as well as the fastest selling Nintendo Switch title, on top of being the fastest-selling game in Nintendo history, at least in The Americas. For reference, the game's predecessor, Breath of the Wild, is currently sitting at 30 million copies sold in its lifetime, meaning Tears of the Kingdom has sold a third of the amount in just 6 days.

:arrow: Source

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's basically botw DLC and running at a shitty pathetic 20 FPS most of the time the switch can't even play it's own AAA game properly. yet it's still the fastest selling game of all time. just goes to show you how mindless nintendo simps are

Reactions: Mike_77712

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
it's basically botw DLC and running at a shitty pathetic 20 FPS most of the time the switch can't even play it's own AAA game properly. yet it's still the fastest selling game of all time. just goes to show you how mindless nintendo simps are

Well I think that has to do with obsolete hardware rather than a badly optimized game.

Compared to modern AAA releases which all run in 20fps cause of bad coding.

So that's why I think Nintendo "simps" give Nintendo a pass.

Reactions: Skelletonike

0UT51D3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it is the zelda franchise, love it or hate it, they kinda bring it
Post automatically merged:

I mean, it is the zelda franchise, love it or hate it, they kinda bring it
I got bored with totk super quick, i am 40 and played all titles, i myself am going forward with d4, i will skip 16 till it goes on sale, even tho i play 14

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The messages this sends are clear as crystal, and a bit grim:
  • If the players are invested enough in the franchise, the price tag doesn't matter.
  • A company can rerelease a game with new content and charge full price.
  • The 70$ a game era just started. Other companies will soon follow.

EDIT:
Despite not releasing this year, I'll be surprised if they aren't readying a port for their next system.
I really hope this happens, too.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
The moral outrage here is great. TOTK adds a huge amount of new content to the point where BOTW feels like an early tech demo. There is a huge amount of new things to do even if the *hills* are in the same places (mostly). If only they had changed the setting rather than bothering with new stuff to do in that setting, then it'd be fine I guess.

But yes, this will set a horrific trend of games getting sequels. Obviously this trend has not already been established with more minor additions before now. At least FIFA27 has more frames.

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not surprised. I purposely got the switch for zelda only. The other games that ninty released were awful 😂😂

Now it's out i don't need my switch since getting a steam deck a few months ago

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The moral outrage here is great. TOTK adds a huge amount of new content to the point where BOTW feels like an early tech demo. There is a huge amount of new things to do even if the *hills* are in the same places (mostly). If only they had changed the setting rather than bothering with new stuff to do in that setting, then it'd be fine I guess.

But yes, this will set a horrific trend of games getting sequels. Obviously this trend has not already been established with more minor additions before now. At least FIFA27 has more frames.
I agree, and I am disappointed that the presentation is pretty identical to botw1.
I was hoping for WAY more twists, similar to how majoras mask is a very different game compared to ocarina of time.
MM even starts you off as a deku, taking away any familiarity for the player, thus being a fresh experience.

Botw1: Do 4 tutorial shrines in an enclosed environment and then go move around in a world that's too big.
Botw2: Do 4 tutorial shrines in an enclosed environment and then go move around in 2-3 worlds that are too big.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
it feels like there's only one game left to advertise and talk about. that's a little too much for me.... so i should be quiet, bye.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After being starved for so long without Zelda game the fans are going to eat anything Nintendo feed them.

I wonder how many of them are fully satisfied though. There is enough to be dislike in this game. The build ugly toy part of the game mechanic is hated by many, is it enough to not complete the game or even to return it if possible is a valid question IMO.

The puzzle part of Ultrahand construction is fine but Ultraclumsyhand really spoil the game for me.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a Zelda game on a Nintendo console so... Yeah.

Now, how about a new F-Zero, Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart 9, Wario game, or port Zelda WWHD and/or Zelda TPHD to Switch?

It looks like Nintendo just takes the easy and safe path these days.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,
Reactions: Mike_77712

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I wonder if it's despite or because of the leaks, or maybe the leaks didn't even register, and despite all the hullaballoo the entire Switch modding community is just a few hundred weirdos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1