Homebrew Swap DRC for TV-Only Wii U Games

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there an update..? It works good with splatoon, lego city, and others. I got it a couple weeks ago on the homebrew shop. My Wii u is fully updated and using cbhs. Tried restarting Wii u and re-downloading it. Latest version of the game too.
Where did you 'download' the app from? Download it with the Homebrew App Store on your Wii U. Or reinstall it if you downloaded it from there. Sometimes it doesn't fully download. If it still doesn't work PM Yahya14 or OatmealDome about the problem.

Last edited by aykay55,

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you 'download' the app from? Download it with the Homebrew App Store on your Wii U. Or reinstall it if you downloaded it from there. Sometimes it doesn't fully download. If it still doesn't work PM Yahya14 or OatmealDome about the problem.
Downloaded it from homebrew app store, swap drc lite. Press the tv button to swap and all. This app is awesome btw. Major props to everyone. I'll delete it; download it when I get back home. The video swaps just fine and audio comes back everytime I switch back to gamepad. Anyone else tried jotun with this app?

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded it from homebrew app store, swap drc lite. Press the tv button to swap and all. This app is awesome btw. Major props to everyone. I'll delete it; download it when I get back home. The video swaps just fine and audio comes back everytime I switch back to gamepad. Anyone else tried jotun with this app?
Wait, just to be clear, Swap DRC wasn't working but Swap DRC Lite was?

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, just to be clear, Swap DRC wasn't working but Swap DRC Lite was?
I was just using swap drc lite, I thought it was the only version because it was on the homebrew app store. I didn't know there was a difference. Swap drc lite was the only one I was using. It works, just no audio with jotun.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just using swap drc lite, I thought it was the only version because it was on the homebrew app store. I didn't know there was a difference. Swap drc lite was the only one I was using. It works, just no audio with jotun.
Regular Swap DRC is also on the HBAS. That one is more stable and will probably work correctly.

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regular Swap DRC is also on the HBAS. That one is more stable and will probably work correctly.
Tried it.. No luck. No biggy tho. Not sure what could be causing the issue. I can't find any other game that does the same thing. Any way we can get this to run on boot by chance..? Btw zombie u is a pain to play, but at least now we have the option to play without tv:rolleyes:

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it.. No luck. No biggy tho. Not sure what could be causing the issue. I can't find any other game that does the same thing. Any way we can get this to run on boot by chance..? Btw zombie u is a pain to play, but at least now we have the option to play without tv:rolleyes:
Maybe if we program it into Coldboot? Unlikey though.

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Just to put in my two cents I just tried Jotun also and am having the same issue. Works great just won't switch the audio.

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry should have put in the version and whatnot. I tried both swapdrc lite and regular the newest versions available on the app store.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just wondering if it's just me... but everytime I switch the screen using the TV button is the gamepad's Tv remote overlay supposed to come up? the screen and audios still switch... but the overlay really ruins it for me. is there a way I can stop that from turning on?

Using the lite version if it matters

Also can someone explain the Left trigger + minus combo? What is it for? For me, just pressing the TV button is enough to switch audio, screens, and sensor bar...
You can use SwipSwapMe by @Maschell

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm confused, right now I WANT the combo to trigger it to just be the TV Button. It works, in swapdrc lite and swipswapme, but it brings up the TV controller gamepad overlay everytime I press it which is annoying. is there a way to disable the Tv controller overlay so just the screens are switched? There doesn't seem to be a way to disable it in system settings after you've configured it... don't really want to factory reset obviously. Maybe @Maschell knows? Or if you can shed some insight it'd be helpful
I don't think it's possible disable the overlay as it's embedded in gamepad internal memory.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh so this happens to everyone? I thought there would maybe a way to delete the settings applied by the wiiu in system settings with ftpu everywhere and hopefully that might stop it?
that is part of the gamepad fw it even works with wiiu off or unplugged incase you didnt knew since the gamepad has independent fw that we never even touched at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over