Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swap DRC for TV-Only Wii U Games

SpanishSphericalDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif
BlankGoldenBluebottle-size_restricted.gif
FabulousWideHuia-size_restricted.gif

Introducing Swap DRC, a homebrew application that allows you to play TV-only Wii U games on your GamePad screen.

Swap DRC works by switching the display buffers for the TV and the GamePad with a press of a button. This app also includes the TCPGecko and Cafiine installers for other mods or hacks. The GamePad sensor bar can also be turned on when the TV image is on the GamePad screen, so playing with Wiimotes with just the GamePad is possible. The lite version of the app is also available which doesn't include TCPGecko and Cafiine.

Instructions

Switch display, audio, and gamepad sensor bar:
  • Press L and Minus together.
  • Press the TV button.
Switch on/off gamepad LCD:
  • Press and hold R-Stick for 3 seconds.
Splatoon's enhanced controls:
  • Press B to switch screens except in-game menus.
  • Hold A + D-Pad in any direction to super jump to a teammate or the spawn point during a match.
Requirements

Download (Latest: v1.3.1)

Get it from github! (If you don't know how to use the application, maybe read the tutorial below first.)

Get it from the WiiuBrew Appstore by clicking here, or get the lite version from here.

Tutorials

Video

(coming soon)

Text
  • Download the Homebrew Launcher from here (download v1.3 if other versions crash for you), and the Swap DRC application from above.
  • Unzip both apps and then drag them into your SD Card. Make sure both directories are at:
SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
SD:/wiiu/apps/swapdrc/swapdrc.elf​
  • Safely remove the SD card and insert it into your Wii U, then launch the Homebrew Launcher from loadiine.ovh in your Wii U browser. If you have the haxchi homebrew launcher, that works too.
  • Launch Swap DRC, then press A to install Swap DRC with TCPGecko, or press Y to install Swap DRC with TCPGecko + Cafiine (a cafiine server on your computer is required)
  • You're done! You can now switch displays anywhere (but not in the settings menu, as it re-launches the entire System Menu).
FAQ

What's TCPGecko and Cafiine?

TCPGecko is a mod that allows you to use a TCPGecko editor to modify the ram through a TCP connection. A
perfect example for this is the program Splathax, which lets you modify gear in your Splatoon inventory.

Cafiine is another mod that lets you replace game files with modified ones for the game to load. A perfect
example for this is the popular use of model and skin edits for Smash Bros for Wii U. Unlike the "Install
TCPGecko only" option, Cafiine requires you to have a server running on your computer at all times. Don't
use this if you don't want to use game file mods and have the computer running all the time.

Can I get banned playing online with Swap DRC in any game?

Swapping displays doesn't modify the games directly but through CafeOS instead. Therefore, it is 100% safe.
However, you can still get banned with TCPGecko and/or Caffine mods if you don't use them properly.

Where is the source code?

Over here, on our GitHub repository!

r u a l33t hax0r?

YeS I Am.
(...I'm joking this question isn't real)

Credits

Creators:
  • OatmealDome
  • Yahya14
Special thanks:
  • Maschell for development contribution and the audio swap
  • Dimok, chadderz, etc for function_hooks and the pygecko server
  • Brienj for the IP selector and initial UI
  • /u/MachMatic for the banner background
  • BKOOL999 for feedback & testing the Swap DRC app

Last edited by Yahya14,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend's been wanting me to play Splatoon with her for a long time now and my excuse would be "Someone's using the TV" and it was true, I couldn't play games on the TV much as I share a place with others. With this that won't be a problem, thanks OP!
At first I thought this would require a PC and networking, but nope! This is revolutionary!

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend says that using TCPGecko online was a way to get banned. Would that be the case while using this app since it uses TCPGecko? I know you aren't Nintendo but perhaps there's an explanation that this is different since it's not cheating or alternating anything in-game.

D

Deleted User

And just like that, browser exploit patched. Wish this was posted earlier when there was time for people who wanted to hack and access the eShop in the same system.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally want to say thank you all for creating this application. I did some testing with Splatoon online and had a pretty good experience with it so far (It took a little adjusting to get used to)! Not having this feature was most likely why I never played multiplayer after completing single player.

I enjoy the Splatoon enhancements also, but I did find the "Press B to switch screens" annoying since the screen would change while I am interacting with the characters in the plaza or exiting from the sunken scrolls window in single player.

Reactions: e-xtrc

PikaArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
10/10 I love playing splatoon in my bed and i hope you make more great hacks i like your hacks and i think you are a GOOD hacker! So have a great life and stay a long time alive :3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and what is with beacons is it possible to use them in the future?

geek_76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Currently.... Under requirements, it says:

• A Wii U (on firmware version 5.1.1; 5.5.2 and lower versions aren't tested but may work)
Should that say 5.5.1? Not trying to nitpick.

PS. this looks awesome. great work! Have you tried it with lego city undercover?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs