Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusard

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm bored
exsHZ5Y.png

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my opinion and probably many others that peeps posting their own custom images is going to pollute this thread. Don't agree, fine, you can even say so, but you've said nothing but another opinion, it has nothing about scene understanding.
You don't understand how scenes work do you? It's called community contribution, not pollution. If it's wanted in an official release it will be added and uploaded to the op, if not then.. whatever. But it's there for anyone that wants it..

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't understand how scenes work do you? It's called community contribution, not pollution. If it's wanted in an official release it will be added and uploaded to the op, if not then.. whatever. But it's there for anyone that wants it.

I can understand where you're coming from with that, but really it might make better sense to put customizations in a different thread.

Reactions: Syphurith

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xactly and thank you dubbz, but you don't have to be polite, especially to unpolite "ignorant" peoples; it's just not worth it due to their "ignorance"

We already have 2 pic, more will come and cause many can't resist "me too" mentality.

The name and pic probably should change, however AHP or a group AHP or someone else forms can coordinate and keep it out of this thread.

I can understand where you're coming from with that, but really it might make better sense to put customizations in a different thread.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xactly and thank you dubbz, but you don't have to be polite, especially to unpolite "ignorant" peoples; it's just not worth it due to their "ignorance"

We already have 2 pic, more will come and cause many can't resist "me too" mentality.

The name and pic probably should change, however AHP or a group AHP or someone else forms can coordinate and keep it out of this thread.

At the end of the day, the OP can make that decision neither your nagging or anyone else's nagging is going to change anything. If he wants to allow customization, that's his choice and you have to deal with it, if not it's still his choice.

Reactions: WeedZ

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a need personally for any one person or group of people to be in charge of modifications. Anyone who wants to can certainly go ahead and open their own thread for customizations if they feel it's clogging up this thread too much.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
I placed firmware.bin slot0x25keyX.bin and rxtools.dat files on my sd card then launched mset just to get both screens gray. Tried to install the mset again with the tutorial here (the browser one) https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-palantine-cfw-to-rxtools-sig-patched.390624/ and I got an error.

Also I tried to start the cfw trough browser and gave me the same error.

EDIT: Just finished doing the whole Extract REDNAND - Insert emuNAND thing. I still get the "Something failed, restart your system" error when trying to start rxtools or trying to install rxtools mset

I'm thinking you didn't change the MSet exploit. Since you said you we're using Palantine / redNAND this means you're still using the gateway MSet exploit. It won't work since this mSet exploit on Gateway looks for launcher.dat while rxTools uses rxtools.dat

I also think that you cannot launch the CFW through the browser / spider exploit.

Inside the rxTools package has an NDS file you can use with a DS flashcard to install an mSet exploit that is for rxtools.dat. There is also a spider version but I forgot where it is. :P

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't get rxTools working at all, 1st get rxTools working with Spider, then get it working with MSET. Also, you may be missing files and should double check. And if you're new to MSET, you might want to get MSET working with Gateway and then get MSET working with rxTools.

There are many tutorials, you should be able to start from scratch and get it working, unless you have an incompatible system.
I'm thinking you didn't change the MSet exploit. Since you said you we're using Palantine / redNAND this means you're still using the gateway MSet exploit. It won't work since this mSet exploit on Gateway looks for launcher.dat while rxTools uses rxtools.dat

I also think that you cannot launch the CFW through the browser / spider exploit.

Inside the rxTools package has an NDS file you can use with a DS flashcard to install an mSet exploit that is for rxtools.dat. There is also a spider version but I forgot where it is. :P

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
;)

rxp_1.png

(For the haters) :ph34r:
rxp_2.png
Yeah, I don't know how @Roxas75 would feel about having his image being associated with this modification of his work.

I suspect that for the sake of his career and reputation, he'd probably want to distance himself from it.

We can't change the fact that @AHP_person has put this out there. But regardless of whether you think this being released is a good or bad thing, I think we should all have enough respect for @Roxas75 to keep his name and likeness out of any future mods.

That's just my opinion anyhow. Hopefully once Roxas has finished his exams we'll get a better idea of how he feels this whole thing.

Hopefully he doesn't see this as a massive betrayal by the community. I'd hate for him to leave the scene, as I think he still has a lot to contribute to it.

Last edited by Zidapi,

Busterman587

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

In the end I just forgot to delete the navigation data before installing the exploit. Thanks a lot for your attention, sorry for making you lose time.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, also at least 1 of those images should be removed for being vulgar. I already reported it, but no mods has removed them so far.
Yeah, I don't know how @Roxas75 would feel about having his image being associated with this modification of his work.

I suspect that for the sake of his career and reputation, he'd probably want to distance himself from it.

We can't change the fact that @AHP_person has put this out there. But regardless of whether you think this being released is a good or bad thing, I think we should all have enough respect for @Roxas75 to keep his name and likeness out of any future mods.

That's just opinion anyhow. Hopefully once Roxas has finished his exams we'll get a better idea of how he feels this whole thing.

Hopefully he doesn't see this as a massive betrayal by the community. I'd hate for him to leave the scene, as I think he still has a lot to contribute to it.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, I have no idea why i can't get this working =-=;

3DSXL on 4.5 ( i do have gateway 9.8 emu)
= installed the patched (on 1st post) rx + the firmware file it created from the official rar ==> put in on the sd card
boot up browser on 3DS from sysnand 4.5, go to rx link
=rx opens up
click on the first choice, which loads a rx firmware
=open FBI
Delete that .cia it tells you to on another thread, install it with the patched one
=install gba.cia

gets black screen

what can i possibly be doing wrong? tried a different patched rx too, same results

Arcanuskun

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
man, I have no idea why i can't get this working =-=;

3DSXL on 4.5 ( i do have gateway 9.8 emu)
= installed the patched (on 1st post) rx + the firmware file it created from the official rar ==> put in on the sd card
boot up browser on 3DS from sysnand 4.5, go to rx link
=rx opens up
click on the first choice, which loads a rx firmware
=open FBI
Delete that .cia it tells you to on another thread, install it with the patched one
=install gba.cia

gets black screen

what can i possibly be doing wrong? tried a different patched rx too, same results

Edit: Wrong thread to reply. Sorry

NaviLoz101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's just opinion anyhow. Hopefully once Roxas has finished his exams we'll get a better idea of how he feels this whole thing.

Kek that's a funny way of spelling yls8
In "roxas work"

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what am i doing wrong
i have an 3ds with 8.1with a linked sysnand and emunand
1.use gateway mode to install fbi
2.download rxtools from here
3.run cdn_firm.exe to get firmware.bin put them both on sd card
4. use 3DSNUS to get 0004013800000202 title v3665
5. patch 0004013800000202.cia with Old3DS_AGB_FIRM_v3665_SignPatcher
6. boot into fbi del 0004013800000202 from nand
7. install 0004013800000202.cia to nand
8.download 3DS Simple GBA Converter v1.2 and a footer for a rom i have
9. boot rxtools install gbarom.cia from fbi
10. click on new icon get black screen

so what am i missing it happens with ever rom i try

edit ok i got it And of course, here is the. did not know that i need the 2nd link here

link: https://mega.co.nz/#!XY1DHZSC!e_0sGG7R65-P_1pwAA1RQcWn7Z0zgjRneZqHCjcHwbk

This version has TWL and AGB title support, but lacks sm4sh and mh4u support: https://mega.co.nz/#!HQdxyJqL!HcNL0FqJ_6FkA-Rf5D94_1OBtOGpfuWLmmKBFCuBr50
NOTE if you have unlinked NANDs: For a GBA or DSi title to run, it needs to exist on sysnand. You can run them on emunand if they are also installed on sysnand.

This is a really helpful post. Just want to clarify one thing though, when you install the 0004013800000202.cia are you installing it both to sysnand and emunand or just sysnand? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...