ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

Masterlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Err, I'm certain this shouldn't happen, should it?

TTQVj4O.png

Also, thanks for adding the option to turn off optimization!

Synchross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, I'm certain this shouldn't happen, should it?

TTQVj4O.png

Also, thanks for adding the option to turn off optimization!
I had the same problem.
There seems to be a bug in Yata+ 1.4 and Yata+1.4Lite when trying to create a CWAV chunk. The list to choose a sound to replace is completely blank. I had to use 1.3 to create the chunk.
set the language to Eng_template
Yep, that did the trick. Thanks.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Issue with the simulator and template:
The drawing space for the Top screen is still 400x240, but the top screen starts loading the image 6px to the right for some reason. The additional 6px space to the right is also unnecessary.
Take for instance the theme attached to this post: Invisible space is denoted with pink, green and red, and the margins are denoted with 3px-thick deep blue borders.
When loaded into the console, the green, red and pink spaces are invisible, and the blue borders are indeed there and they're 3px thick:

hUMmhyw.png

The theme simulator and the template need to be updated to reflect this.
For the record, this happens with official themes as well.

Attachments

• ThemeTest.rar
    3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by Sgt. Lulz,
Reactions: Baoulettes

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Issue with the new version:
The drawing space for the Top screen is still 400x240, but the top screen starts loading the image 6px to the right for some reason. The additional 6px space to the right is also unnecessary.
Take for instance the theme attached to this post: Invisible space is denoted with pink, green and red, and the margins are denoted with 3px-thick deep blue borders.
When loaded into the console, the green, red and pink spaces are invisible, and the blue borders are indeed there and they're 3px thick:

hUMmhyw.png

I just made a theme in an older version of YATA+ and another in Theme customization tool,loaded them the 3ds and those 6px of space there are here too, so, looks like those 6px have always been there, and no one noticed until now......

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just made a theme in an older version of YATA+ and another in Theme customization tool,loaded them the 3ds and those 6px of space there are here too, so, looks like those 6px have always been there, and no one noticed until now......
Yeah, it's been there for a while, even on the official eShop themes, as far as I'm aware.
I didn't think it was worth pointing out that it was in the older version as well, but I'll edit my post to reflect that in any case.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, it's been there for a while, even on the official eShop themes, as far as I'm aware.
I didn't think it was worth pointing out that it was in the older version as well, but I'll edit my post to reflect that in any case.
I never noticed that, so to be sure that wasn't a bug of YATA+ 1.4 i did those tests

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France

hUMmhyw.png

Really userfull information there!
I will right now test all my template and fix them with that correction if that need ! :)

Edit 1 : You can get all fixed template there :

https://3dsthemes.com/Search/[4Themers]

In all template I have added Green border to tell where you can or not draw.
Added the margin of 6px for the None upper screen (included also in Flipbook theme just without the square and ruler)
Added a blue big square in the Scroll templace to make it even easier to place ! :D

Last edited by Baoulettes, , Reason: Added my template fixes

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

hUMmhyw.png

The extra space that seems unnecessary is actually used when you activate 3D, as it needs a bigger image.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Actually yes you are right,
I will fix my template right now !
That 6px is used when you use the 3d effect.
If only we could put different image for 3d image to create a true 3d :)

edit temple none & none and none - flipbook fixed.
Now it still have border square and co but not that 6px as it is need for the 3D effect.
Now the question can we put different image for left and right image to create a 3D effect ? does that could be added in theme ?^^

Last edited by Baoulettes,

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Actually yes you are right,
I will fix my template right now !
That 6px is used when you use the 3d effect.
If only we could put different image for 3d image to create a true 3d :)

edit temple none & none and none - flipbook fixed.
Now it still have border square and co but not that 6px as it is need for the 3D effect.
Now the question can we put different image for left and right image to create a 3D effect ? does that could be added in theme ?^^
No we can't, since that functionality isn't even on the 3DS (AFAIK at least).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning