Homebrew Project [RELEASE] FriishProduce - multiplatform WAD injector

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't inject certain roms into custom wads, like Shin Megami Tensei, Super Mario 64 with rumble and others

NecroNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried patching Super Mario 64 with the shotgun rom hack, but next was still in black

I can't inject certain roms into custom wads, like Shin Megami Tensei, Super Mario 64 with rumble and others

Both of your issues are easy to figure out. Its because of the Wii Virtual Console emulators not having compatibility for your selected injections.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know. And it notoriously crashed at the worst possible times.
Apparently that was the GameCube version not the WiiVC version.
This is correct, I've completed Majora's Mask on WiiVC, without crashes.

The Gamecube collector's edition (the one with 4 games) had issues, including crashes, in a game where saving ended a play session.

kamesennin23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is correct, I've completed Majora's Mask on WiiVC, without crashes.

The Gamecube collector's edition (the one with 4 games) had issues, including crashes, in a game where saving ended a play session.
WiiVC crashed less, but still crashed enough for me to never want to play a game like MM on it.

kamesennin23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original game on WiiVC crashed very rarely, as the internet can tell you. MAYBE once in any given playthrough of the game. But in a save system like Majora's, it's pretty frustrating/hard to forget when it does happen. Anyway my original question for @CatmanFan was what "Fix Crashes" means in the changelog. Probably not related to fixing Nintendo's N64 emulator, but I just wanted to make sure.

Reactions: Disorarara

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
The original game on WiiVC crashed very rarely, as the internet can tell you. MAYBE once in any given playthrough of the game. But in a save system like Majora's, it's pretty frustrating/hard to forget when it does happen. Anyway my original question for @CatmanFan was what "Fix Crashes" means in the changelog. Probably not related to fixing Nintendo's N64 emulator, but I just wanted to make sure.

I also don't think it relates to fixing the emulator's stability either and probably just disables checksum verification or some other error handler so that the injected game has less hurdles to execution, that's just a guess though.

Reactions: kamesennin23

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
For the "Fix Crashes" patch, I used sm64wii source code on GitHub as a reference to find the specific patch hexcode and offset:
https://github.com/aglab2/sm64wii/blob/master/kit/gzi/crashes_fix_on.gzi
Sadly it does not provide any context other than simply being called a "Decomp Crashes fix", so I think it likely has to do with the ROM itself rather than the emulator

DarthMotzkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i keep getting this erro when i make an VC n64 inject on mario 64 wad usa. I'm trying to inject DK 64. Is this error normal? The inject stuck on black screen...

1702356885250.png

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, i keep getting this erro when i make an VC n64 inject on mario 64 wad usa. I'm trying to inject DK 64. Is this error normal? The inject stuck on black screen...

View attachment 408389
getting the same error, appears to be related to office, but i have a new version of office installed.
Threads with possible solutions:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...y-other-different-non-howardc-program.543414/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/howardc-tools-runtime-errors-help-please.589826/

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, i eventually sourced the file and registered it, then got the injector to work

note: you must acquire a 32 bit version of the .dll (even if you are using a x64 bit system, which most people are)

Last edited by grandosegood,
  • Love
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

View attachment 408389
btw, Donkey Kong 64 is a Rare game and Rare microcode (ucode) doesn't work at official VC WADs...
try making a SRL instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto