ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This application is not beeing supported anymore, you can still get the last version on github
You might also want to check out an online version of this tool

Hi everyone,
this application is a mod of Reisyukaku's YATA, that i decided to publish after i saw he didn't update the application for a while.
this tool includes some new features and bug fixes.
My goal is to create an all-in-one theme application, for customizing 3ds themes.
Now is still a beta,so if you find a bug or would like to request a feature, leave a feedback

Version 1.8:
-Added scrollbars in the theme settings window for PCs with small screens, now that window can be resized as someone asked
-Fixed loading themes with Cwav = null

The file is too big for gbatemp, i uploaded it on github, get it here

Features to add:
-WAV to CWAV without rerly on copyrighted software
-Theme simulator with every UI element (GETTING CLOSER....)

Github : Here
Requires .NET 4.5
Also, here is a guide on how to make themes with YATA+: HERE

Version 1.7:
-Faster startup: the update check is now done in background
-Added size checks for the CWAV chunk (sometimes if the section is too big the CWAVs won't play)
-Theme sender now sends the themes via FTP in the themes folder (or another one) in the sd without using zip files, so it doesn't require anymore the YATA+ theme installer
-Some other minor fixes in the simulator and the main window

Version 1.6:
-Fixed a overflow bug when editing the colors in a theme
-Replaced Windows Media Player with an embedded player
-Now you can disable the player and use your default player like YATA+ lite
-Added option to send themes to CHMM2 by Rinnegatamante
-Added tooltips in the theme settings windows
-Added support for "custom colors" in the color dialog for the theme settings window
-Now the top and bottom images are aligned in the theme preview

Version 1.5:
Version 1.5 & 1.5 LITE:
this version doesn't add any new feature, but fixes many bugs, I tested this version very much and i didn't find any bug, so i would call it stable, also, YATA+ should not have more than one instance opened at the same time or you may have problems with conflicting temp files.
I deleted other versions from this post to avoid confusion, if you need to, you can download the older versions from the release section of github.

Version 1.4:
Version 1.4 & 1.4 LITE:
-Released "YATA+ Lite" which doesn't require windows media player
-Fixed support for back arrow, thanks everyone on gbatemp who figured out how those bytes works
-New basic theme templates
-Now YATA supports file associations (bin, brstm, bcstm, cwav)
-Added cursor in the theme simulator
-Now drag and drop supports importing images too (only PNGs)
-Multi-languages support
-Realtime color preview in the theme settings
-WAV -> CWAV conversion now works properly (still need SDK tool)
-WAV optimization (channel, frequency, bits) before converting to CWAV can be edited or disabled
-Remote theme installing via FTP (download the homebrews pack from this thread)
-Export/import colors in the theme settings (this also will allow to set every color to one, export, hex edit the exported file and reimport)
-Some other little features and fixes

Notice that YATA+ LITE is a separated branch from YATA+, so the LITE version won't receive the minor updates the .1 ones, but will always have the same features as the normal YATA+ (except the media player)

Version 1.3.1
-Fixed a bug with the theme simulator
-Now the no background option for "Solid w/ Texture squares" themes is supported
-Other fixes

Version 1.2:
V 1.2 changes:
-WAV -> CWAV and CWAV -> WAV conversions now support spaces
-WAV -> CWAV and CWAV -> WAV conversions now support multiple files at once
-Implemented drag and drop
-Auto "optimization" WAV files to 8-bit,8000hz,mono before converting to CWAVS
-Fixes in the CWAV importing
-Fixes in the CWAV dumper
-Some other minor fixes

Version 1.1:
Changes in YATA+ V1.1:
-Auto check for updates
-Added an embedded player for playng CWAVs/BCSTMs
-Converting CWAVs,BCWAVs and other formats (check the spoiler at the end of the post) to WAVs
-Added option to choice the position of the buttons in the theme settings screen (For pc with larger fonts)
-Fixed some bugs with the CWAVs dumper
-Full support for "simple themes", such as "simple orange" and "mood matrix"
-Now vgmstream and his DLLs aren't deleted anymore
-Fixed a bug that makes YATA read the wrong colors from an image
-Some other minor fixes

Version 1.0:
Features added:
-"new" key in the File menu
-Loading uncompressed themes
-Auto open image in a photo editor
-Gui for the WAV -> CWAV converter of the leaked SDK
-Generating CWAV chunks (Replace SFX in the theme)
-Dumping and playing CWAVs
-User preferences
-Generating theme previews for CHMM

Known bugs fixed:
-Changing scroll types
-Other bugs relative to saving the theme (When writing a theme the offsets for images,colors etc weren't updated so sometimes the theme generated would be invalid)
-close button and bottom buttons swapping when saving the theme's settings

Some screenshots:
dFMTOGM.png

pFkVrJm.png

sNZJcoL.png

Thanks to:
Reisyukaku for the original application.
Team Fail for the source of 3DS .CWAV dumper
Xextil for the source of "Custom Theme Cwavs".
HCS for vgmstream.
And everyone everyone who contributed indirectly from GBAtemp and 3dbrew.org

Last edited by exelix11,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
First, I'm really loving this improved version of YATA... to make it even better, here's the first bug report.
Sometimes, it completely destroyed my images with black and white stripes. But it didn't when I didn't use the CWAV chunk created by CustomCWAVs, so it might be something wrong in the CWAV chunk.
The built in CWAV manager works fine except the playback. Sometimes YATA+ freezes and exits without even an error.
And what do you mean by simple themes support? Like the basic color ones or like Mood Matrix-types?
Thank you so much for your hard work, this program essentially rendered CustomCWAVs useless.
EDIT: Small bug, the text stays green in CWAV replace if I click Remove selected CWAV. And you didn't add an instruction for the small app icon's image size.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First, I'm really loving this improved version of YATA... to make it even better, here's the first bug report.
Sometimes, it completely destroyed my images with black and white stripes. But it didn't when I didn't use the CWAV chunk created by CustomCWAVs, so it might be something wrong in the CWAV chunk.
The built in CWAV manager works fine except the playback. Sometimes YATA+ freezes and exits without even an error.
And what do you mean by simple themes support? Like the basic color ones or like Mood Matrix-types?
Thank you so much for your hard work, this program essentially rendered CustomCWAVs useless.
EDIT: Small bug, the text stays green in CWAV replace if I click Remove selected CWAV.

Thanks, soon i'll fix the Custom CWAVs bug (i know what it is but i forgot to fix before publishing), For the playback bug,i think is that when you start playing another cwav after you played one you don't close the media player, i'll fix this too.

And yes i mean the basic color themes, i arleady got custom colors in background working, if you need that you can compile the source on github for that.

Thanks a lot for this!
Also, are you going to make the arrow that closes a folder editable?

Everything that i do is by using offsets from 3dbrew, if i find those for what you need i'll add that for sure !

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks, soon i'll fix the Custom CWAVs bug (i know what it is but i forgot to fix before publishing), For the playback bug,i think is that when you start playing another cwav after you played one you don't close the media player, i'll fix this too.

And yes i mean the basic color themes, i arleady got custom colors in background working, if you need that you can compile the source on github for that.

Everything that i do is by using offsets from 3dbrew, if i find those for what you need i'll add that for sure !
Thanks for the reply! I think the playback freeze and exit bug is something else, because the app once did warn me about closing the media player. This bug occurred after closing.
About the color support:
First, setting up a development environment is something that I can't do (well, I think I did set it up, but my OS is Windows, so I don't know how can I compile).
Second, so I can take the Mood Matrix theme and modify the color behind the smilies, but not the floating smiley icons themselves?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is epic!! :) Thank you so much! What exactly are the borders and folder files? Maybe a photo of a stock Nintendo theme with a red circle over them?
I want to help you, but I don't know what do you mean by borders. The files are the squares in the folders on the top screen.
EDIT: From the YATA thread:

Tried putting a label on all of the different sections. Some are still a mystery because I couldn't figure out how to make the color appear, but they're probably irrelevant because of that so whatever.

Bottom buttons and close button colors swap positions each time you hit save for some reason. You can just open the settings window back up and hit save right away if they get mixed up while you're changing other colors.

RHWdko0.png

EDIT: Whoop, didn't realize how much s1nharvest's post covered on this topic

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Some feature requests just came to my mind, to be implemented in the distant future... [emoji1]
Maybe a BGM.bcstm preview?
And a feature to select a color and fill all the color options with variations of the selected color? It would really speed up theme making for lazy people like me![emoji1]
Again, these are just suggestions, possibly for when the bugs are ironed out.

Koschei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is epic!! :) Thank you so much! What exactly are the borders and folder files? Maybe a photo of a stock Nintendo theme with a red circle over them?

You mean like this? Border files are only the right half and get mirrored to the other side when applied. Border-48px is used for 1-2 rows (just 1 inside folder) and Border-24px is for zoom levels past that.

enCC0Vy.png

Reactions: Selim873

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so very much for this! I like creating new themes, so the improvements you've made on the original Yata certainly seem to make the process easier. I was beginning to lose hope on an update from the original developer.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a request.
Can someone make for me both pictures borders (24x24 / 48x48) and both pictures folders (closed/open)?

I need something like ecchi, pink, heart, kawai girls/stuff... You know what I mean xD
It's because I'm very bad with this, I'm very not artistic xD

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT: Small bug, the text stays green in CWAV replace if I click Remove selected CWAV. And you didn't add an instruction for the small app icon's image size.

Could you please PM me your body_LZ (both corrupted and original) ? i was unable to replicate the bug, maybe isn't in the cwav importer.
Do you get this kind of corruption ? :
q49nuka.png

(This should be the smash bros theme type 2)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Exactly that kind!
This is not a bug, when the frame type of the top or bottom screen is changed and you save the theme, yata saves the image in the size of the frame type, and so the image is "resized" in this way, however this is a bug if it happens alway when you import a cwav from the cwav importer, if it's so please send me your body_lz.bin both before and after the cwav import

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is not a bug, when the frame type of the top or bottom screen is changed and you save the theme, yata saves the image in the size of the frame type, and so the image is "resized" in this way, however this is a bug if it happens alway when you import a cwav from the cwav importer, if it's so please send me your body_lz.bin both before and after the cwav import
It doesn't happen if I use YATA+'s CWAV importer. It only happens if I use the app CustomCWAVs for that purpose.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to make my first theme, is there some mini tutorial somewhere? I've never done it, and I'm not sure exactly how to use this tool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended