ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

hotdogturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just a live preview button, but a better color selector in general. Right now, when you click on a color to change it, it doesn't even give you the settings for that color, so you can't copy it to another button without using an outside tool to find the color settings. What it strongly needs is a box for the hex value of the currently selected color, which would allow easier editing and also make it easier to move colors from one button to another.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Small contribution for MAC OSX users: https://mega.nz/#!6l9yULJY!RGlUvQ16XZG3djGEBlXH3P5eAfmj0sOGwZVDIAVfGas

YATA+ 1.3.1 Wine version. (Wineskin wrapped)
It is working fine except that you can't select your picture editing software.
Every other thing is working, you can have small glitches with the menu bar but just click again if the menu doesn't scroll down properly.

All credit goes to Reisyukaku and exelix11, I didn't do anything with their work except fighting with Wineskin to make it work in OS X.
(I found the icon on Google, it was free to use but if you're the author and want me to remove it, just ask me.)

Reactions: exelix11

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Small contribution for MAC OSX users: https://mega.nz/#!6l9yULJY!RGlUvQ16XZG3djGEBlXH3P5eAfmj0sOGwZVDIAVfGas

YATA+ 1.3.1 Wine version. (Wineskin wrapped)
It is working fine except that you can't select your picture editing software.
Every other thing is working, you can have small glitches with the menu bar but just click again if the menu doesn't scroll down properly.

All credit goes to Reisyukaku and exelix11, I didn't do anything with their work except fighting with Wineskin to make it work in OS X.
(I found the icon on Google, it was free to use but if you're the author and want me to remove it, just ask me.)
THANKS!!!
Now I don't have to re-install YATA+ multiple times, and I can do everything with my editing sofware manually, except folders since I don't know their pixel size:)

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your welcome, I was using it in Windows and your thread give me the idea to make something easy to use.
If you have any troubles with this, just tell me, I'll try to find a solution.

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to get nightly builds? I've been keeping up with the Github and i see a lot of new features i wanna try out and test, if not is there an estimate on the next release?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would it be possible to get nightly builds? I've been keeping up with the Github and i see a lot of new features i wanna try out and test, if not is there an estimate on the next release?
For a new release i think in the next days, for the nightly builds I can provide a link that points always to the latest build, but i wouldn't recommend it, because them are builds that i make while developing, this means they can be only for testing some features and not meant to be used for theme editing, the best thing would be edit the latest code by yourself in visual studio and compile it

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm making a theme and I just can't get the BGM to work, it doesn't play at all when I use the theme. It's ripped straight out of Bravely Default so it's natively bcstm and I've never converted it. It's smaller than 3.3 MB and the file structure and naming is exactly the same as the other 2 themes I've downloaded, which work perfectly fine (BGM included). On YATA+ I've checked the "Enable BGM" flag, and loaded the file (when I load the theme on YATA+ the BGM loads automatically too). I've tried renaming ".bcstm" to ".BSCTM" but it reverts back to normal. I have no idea what I might be doing wrong (perhaps it's something to do with the file itself?). I'm including a pic of the file structure just in case.
theme_struct.PNG

Masterlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-Auto "optimization" WAV files to 8-bit,8000hz,mono before converting to CWAVS

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but, is there a way to turn this off? I know how to optimize my WAVs, so I don't need this because it severely lowers the quality of them, and I don't want that to happen (unless it HAS to be an 8-bit sample, 8000hz wav in order to insert them?).

hotdogturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another nice option to add would be an "export theme settings" button that could save your settings (custom button/menu/folder colors) into a file so then you could import it into a different theme, instead of having to copy the colors one by one. Or even add checkboxes so you can choose which ones to export, that way you could, for example, mix and match the buttons from 2 different themes by importing half of them into the other theme.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm making a theme and I just can't get the BGM to work, it doesn't play at all when I use the theme. It's ripped straight out of Bravely Default so it's natively bcstm and I've never converted it. It's smaller than 3.3 MB and the file structure and naming is exactly the same as the other 2 themes I've downloaded, which work perfectly fine (BGM included). On YATA+ I've checked the "Enable BGM" flag, and loaded the file (when I load the theme on YATA+ the BGM loads automatically too). I've tried renaming ".bcstm" to ".BSCTM" but it reverts back to normal. I have no idea what I might be doing wrong (perhaps it's something to do with the file itself?). I'm including a pic of the file structure just in case.
Weird, you should try to convert it to WAV and then again to BCSTM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but, is there a way to turn this off? I know how to optimize my WAVs, so I don't need this because it severely lowers the quality of them, and I don't want that to happen (unless it HAS to be an 8-bit sample, 8000hz wav in order to insert them?).
After some experiments,i found out that was the only way to make every cwav work in the theme, in the next version you can both disable the optimization and increase the hz value, but by increasing the hz some cwavs in the theme may not work, now i'm testing this and i can't make the frames sound work

Another nice option to add would be an "export theme settings" button that could save your settings (custom button/menu/folder colors) into a file so then you could import it into a different theme, instead of having to copy the colors one by one. Or even add checkboxes so you can choose which ones to export, that way you could, for example, mix and match the buttons from 2 different themes by importing half of them into the other theme.
That's a good idea, but i don't know if i can do it, at least if i do it, it will export and import every color,btw in the next version the color dialog that appears when you click on a button shows the color, so you can add it to the custom colors and then paste it inside the other buttons

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, as some users requested i added in YATA the multi language support, so if you want to translate YATA+ into your language you can download the template here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...0483&authkey=!ABZlxNg01MigS2Q&ithint=file,zip
Read the readme.txt file for the instructions , i decided to split the language data between more files so it would me easily for me to recognize where the text goes in the program.
As for the release, tomorrow i'll do the latest tests, if they will go well i'll release tomorrow :)

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
this if dificul, some things I do not understand but you get 90% of the translation into Spanish

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope that will be helpful, mental chaos has not left me to continue, I am not good at languages

Attachments

• Esp.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 92

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES I FINALLY DID IT.
First I converted the BCSTM to WAV, opened it with YATA+, copy-pasted the loop points, and converted it back to BCSTM. The end result was apparently the initial BCSTM, and it didn't work.
So I compared my BCSTM to the other two from the themes that work, and their sampling rate was 44100 Hz while mine was 32728 Hz, something that for some reason happens with Bravely Default's music.
So I grabbed the previous WAV, opened it with Audacity, changed the frequency to 44100 Hz, then saved it. Now YATA+ was detecting 0 samples so the thing didn't play at all. I realized I should have converted to WAV 16-bit instead of 32-bit, so I did that and now YATA+ picked it up fine. After doing some calculations for what were the loop points on this higher frequency (sample amount increases and so do the loop point sample numbers) and fine-tuning the result, I got a BCSTM which perfectly matched every parameter compared to the other two working BCSTMs.
So I put it on the theme folder and IT DIDN'T WORK. I decide to do one last test, and replace another theme's BCSTM with my own, and for some fucking reason, it worked (the 32728 Hz one didn't work with this theme so my efforts on converting weren't futile).
Then I decided to just modify the existing theme's body_LZ.bin and replace the images with the ones I had made for my theme, and finally I had some sort of functional thing, an abomination half Bravely Default half EarthBound (I left the folder images, colors, and other stuff as they were). Now I'm going to dedicate my time to making ALL THE COLORS AND GRAPHICS OH GOD WHY.

And if you're wondering why the hell I just wrote this giant thing... I dunno, maybe someone finds it on Google and I'll save their day.

...though I'm still curious as to why my body_LZ.bin was broken...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: yes