ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS

MysticalVyse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What romhack?
Oh nothing in particular atm, just when I am ready to do so I want to be able to do so correctly. I've heard the only way to really get it done without this injector (until it gets updated in the new one) is to extract the game you bought via CFW and then recompile the game once you swap out the game you want to replace. I've been testing CIAs with Crystal for a while, months before gen 2 was even available on the eShop.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Asdolo, I've been using your injectors for a while, and I know you are busy working on that multiple injector program (which is cool btw). I was wondering though...for GBC, when I make a CIA of Crystal Version, there is a jitter that occurs at the start of a battle screen when the trainer or wild encounter appears on screen after coming out of a shadow. I was wondering if that was related to the emulation used when making a CIA and whether or not it can be fixed? Thanks in advance!
Try using NSUI. I posted a beta in the 3dshacks subreddit. Let me know if creating the CIA with NSUI fixes it.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can tell me how to do that, it would be really helpful!

Use godmode9 to browse to the title of your VC title, mount the .app and check in romfs folder. likely it's romfs/rom/*romfile*
Now enable game patching in luma (hold select on boot). then place your rom of choice in
/luma/titles/*vc title ID*/romfs/rom/*original rom filename*

oh and if the VC title you use had patches to the game these are applied at runtime... so might cause issues (if you play a crystal romhack on crystal VC it might be fine, but if yu play a totally different game you'll want to also replace the *romfilename*.patch with an empty file. essentially disabling the patches.

Last edited by GizmoTheGreen,

Glitchk0ud1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have border of chikorita. :D

view

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have border of chikorita. :D

view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zoOaRU08jYweVZ6WPd7Tp_QE6GNanYj_/view?usp=sharing

MysticalVyse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use godmode9 to browse to the title of your VC title, mount the .app and check in romfs folder. likely it's romfs/rom/*romfile*
Now enable game patching in luma (hold select on boot). then place your rom of choice in
/luma/titles/*vc title ID*/romfs/rom/*original rom filename*

oh and if the VC title you use had patches to the game these are applied at runtime... so might cause issues (if you play a crystal romhack on crystal VC it might be fine, but if yu play a totally different game you'll want to also replace the *romfilename*.patch with an empty file. essentially disabling the patches.
How do you find the location of the game and mount the .app?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a bunch I was going to do my whole collection because I can't find any full screen gameboy/gameboy colour links

but if I can't get the icon and I have to do it myself that will take forever

It should work... Does it auto fill any information from what you’re trying to inject, such as the name or publisher?

Either way, try the injector linked on this page instead: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c..._beta_26_allinone_vc/?st=jbtw69pj&sh=997d2197

It’s in active development and might do the trick.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying that now its just saying remote server returned an error 404 when I try to download the icon

Weird, maybe there’s a problem with wherever the images are. I’m away from my computer or else I’d see if it still worked for me.

MysticalVyse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone created a Pokémon Pinball GBC cia and noticed that the Pikachu speech on't appear when you get them on the slot or when you hit them in the outlane? Is there a way to fix this? It's similar to how emulators used to not be able to get Pikachu's speech to play on Yellow Version.

AkaiSuisei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone created a Pokémon Pinball GBC cia and noticed that the Pikachu speech on't appear when you get them on the slot or when you hit them in the outlane? Is there a way to fix this? It's similar to how emulators used to not be able to get Pikachu's speech to play on Yellow Version.
The speech works on my copy, but it really stutters there and during some of the other sound effects. I need to try different settings.

ParzivalWolfram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get a multi-injection option? VC will have you choose the ROM if more than 1 are found in its internal FS, which would be handy.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to inject Dragon Warrior I & II and Dragon Warrior III using the latest version of this tool, but it's giving me an error about an invalid directory. What can I do to fix this?

xenods

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for this tool! I had luck with some games, but not with others. Shantae and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, for example, have sound glitches (stuttering and skips) on the title screens. Anyone else experience this problem? Are there any settings that can be selected to correct this? Running on New 2ds.

Last edited by xenods,

xenods

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to inject Dragon Warrior I & II and Dragon Warrior III using the latest version of this tool, but it's giving me an error about an invalid directory. What can I do to fix this?

In the final step, be sure to check the "Use new VC" box on the upper left side of the window. Seems like that is a mandatory step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep: