• Replies 263
  • Likes 38

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will, still, that's really unfortunate. A 100% (or maybe 95%) reliable boot rate would've been nice. Anyway, this is a nice project, I hope OP will still work on it to fix those issues. :)
There is no entrypoint that is 100% boot rate. And from my experience most don't even get 95% (except a9lh, but I would group that into a whole other type of exploit). It can be slightly improved, but usually it's just due to the nature of how these exploits work. Because from what I understand these exploits are basically just controlled game crashes where we overwrite RAM data in the process via overflow.

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is no entrypoint that is 100% boot rate. And from my experience most don't even get 95% (except a9lh, but I would group that into a whole other type of exploit). It can be slightly improved, but usually it's just due to the nature of how these exploits work. Because from what I understand these exploits are basically just controlled game crashes where we overwrite RAM data in the process via overflow.

Well, Ninjhax, Oot3dhax and Supermysterychunkhax booted for me like... always? Maybe they are not 100%, but they never failed two times in a row. This is especially weird considiring those two tries were the only tries I took.
Whatever, I'm not here to hate anyway, seeing such a popular game becoming an entrypoint is indeed awesome. I just hope that this issue that appearently exists with digital versions gets fixed.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Ninjhax, Oot3dhax and Supermysterychunkhax booted for me like... always? Maybe they are not 100%, but they never failed two times in a row. This is especially weird considiring those two tries were the only tries I took.
Whatever, I'm not here to hate anyway, seeing such a popular game becoming an entrypoint is indeed awesome. I just hope that this issue that appearently exists with digital versions gets fixed.
But if you think about it, even 95% would mean in 100 boots, only 5 would fail. And even with CN I haven't had that kind of success rate (at least for the small time my friend loaned me it). The success rate is really good for CN, but I wouldn't call it 95%.
And from what I understand boot success rate can vary by which game is exploited purely on how the exploit works. This means it can simply not be as good for some games because it isn't as easy to break as other lower-tier games.

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But if you think about it, even 95% would mean in 100 boots, only 5 would fail. And even with CN I haven't had that kind of success rate (at least for the small time my friend loaned me it). The success rate is really good for CN, but I wouldn't call it 95%.
And from what I understand boot success rate can vary by which game is exploited purely on how the exploit works. This means it can simply not be as good for some games because it isn't as easy to break as other lower-tier games.

I understand. I'll try to run basehaxx when I come home a few times more. Then I'll know more.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I understand. I'll try to run basehaxx when I come home a few times more. Then I'll know more.
The best thing to do would be to try to run the payload ten times in a row, as quickly after you boot up the game as possible, with a reboot between each one, then how many (if any) work.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: FanmadeEndings

Dexter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I need to clarify one thing. If I prepare basehaxx on my CFW 2DS, will I be able to use it on n3ds (no cfw, 10.X)? It will work like "cubic ninja"?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I need to clarify one thing. If I prepare basehaxx on my CFW 2DS, will I be able to use it on n3ds (no cfw, 10.X)? It will work like "cubic ninja"?
Yes (assuming you're using a cartridge), but in the installer you have have to set the version number and New/Old of the 3DS you want to use the hax on.

Also try to make sure that both 3DSs have the same OR/AS update data installed.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it saying failed to update when I put it to US firmware and try updating??

Interestingly it still works even without the payload update.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yay it worked. Now crossing fingers payload updates right after I update.

I hope the downgrade thing on 11.0 is fixed soon. If not I'll see if I can get a used 2ds w/older firmware and try Al9 hax so I can quit worrying.
There will probably never be software-based downgrades for 11.0. Bypassing the minimum-version checks requires an ARM9 kernel exploit. Which would make a downgrade useless (as you'd be able to get CFW right on 11.0), except maybe for users who want to go to 2.1 for the OTP.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
How would I get CFW on 11 without a hard mod?
You can't. On 11.0, you NEED a hardmod to downgrade. Without downgrading, you can't use any ARM9 kernel exploit + emuNAND / get A9LH.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok. I'm not skilled there.
Oh well I'll see about a used 2ds on lower FW...if I don't AL9 hax it at least I can have one updated, one hax-enabled.

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The update data annoys me - even tho I deleted the update data from the 3ds the main screen still displays 1.4 - and the haxx crashes with "a error has occured" - so I need a save, that was from the beginning a 1.0 version - or a method to convert a save to 1.0. Has anyone a fitting save for omega ruby german 1.0 version?

EDIT: Nevermind - hacked savegame won't change game version after deleting update data, so I restored pre basehaxx save, deleted update data and installed basehaxx

Last edited by artur3004,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The update data annoys me - even tho I deleted the update data from the 3ds the main screen still displays 1.4 - and the haxx crashes with "a error has occured" - so I need a save, that was from the beginning a 1.0 version - or a method to convert a save to 1.0. Has anyone a fitting save for omega ruby german 1.0 version?
Btw, OR's savedata is region free. So it can be any EUR/US OR save.

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Yeah... forget what I said. I'm not going to do it today. It's to late now and I'm pretty tired. Just wanted to tell you, didn't want you to wait for an update you wont receive. I'll see when I have time to actually do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1