• Views 59,332
  • Replies 263
  • Likes 38

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah... this didn't work. Or maybe it does, but it's not stable. New 3DS 11.0 EUR. But I'll definitely make sure to check this again.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I notice one thing, i don't know if is concidencial or not, but i notice when you have a different theme (no custom theme) other then the basic withe one the exploit thend to by a little bit unstable. But as i said before evrey homebrew i try work fine.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I notice one thing, i don't know if is concidencial or not, but i notice when you have a different theme (no custom theme) other then the basic withe one the exploit thend to by a little bit unstable. But as i said before evrey homebrew i try work fine.
Wrong, works perfectly fine for me. I use a theme.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is the only thing I'm getting the 'failed to embed payload' error? I did everything right.

And when I try OR it registers as AS. What's with that?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah... this didn't work. Or maybe it does, but it's not stable. New 3DS 11.0 EUR. But I'll definitely make sure to check this again.
I use this on N3DS 11.0E, and it's perfectly stable for me (I use a cartridge). What version is your update data for OR/AS? And are you installing the hax via a different 3DS?

I use Theme Shuffle and I get close-to-100% success rate (N3DS 11.0E).

Why is the only thing I'm getting the 'failed to embed payload' error? I did everything right.
And when I try OR it registers as AS. What's with that?
You can edit the basehaxx_sploit_installer.xml so that it says <targets selectable="true">, and see if that helps.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit the basehaxx_sploit_installer.xml so that it says <targets selectable="true">, and see if that helps.[/QUOTE]

How would I do that?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How would I do that?
In the basehaxx_sploit_installer folder, the .xml file there usually looks like this.
Code:
<targets selectable="false">
   <title mediatype="1">000400000011C400</title>
   <title mediatype="2">000400000011C400</title>
   <title mediatype="1">000400000011C500</title>
   <title mediatype="2">000400000011C500</title>
</targets>

You can edit the "false" near the top and change it to "true", which may allow you to select the particular game, and may help with the detecting-as-OR issue.

If just changing it to "true" doesn't help, then you can keep it as "true" and also delete the four <title lines.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the basehaxx_sploit_installer folder, the .xml file there usually looks like this.
Code:
<targets selectable="false">
   <title mediatype="1">000400000011C400</title>
   <title mediatype="2">000400000011C400</title>
   <title mediatype="1">000400000011C500</title>
   <title mediatype="2">000400000011C500</title>
</targets>

You can edit the "false" near the top and change it to "true", which may allow you to select the particular game, and may help with the detecting-as-OR issue.

If just changing it to "true" doesn't help, then you can keep it as "true" and also delete the four <title lines.

Ok. What program will open it? I've never figured that out

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I use this on N3DS 11.0E, and it's perfectly stable for me (I use a cartridge). What version if your update data for OR/AS? And are you installing the hax via a different 3DS?

I use digital AS 1.4. Therefore, I use the same 3DS to install it.

Edit: To stupid to use quotes.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I use digital AS 1.4. Therefore, I use the same 3DS to install it.
Hmm, people with digital copies seem to be having more issues than those with cartridges.

Check that the installer correctly identifies the game and update version, and double-check that you're selecting the right system version as well as New/Old.

Did you try to run the payload multiple times, and it failed every time?

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, people with digital copies seem to be having more issues than those with cartridges.

Check that the installer correctly identifies the game and update version, and double-check that you're selecting the right system version as well as New/Old.

Did you try to run the payload multiple times, and it failed every time?

I did check if everything is correct. I tried two times, I know, that's not a lot, but still...

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The boot rate isn't going to be 100%. Try more like ten times, and see if it works.

I will, still, that's really unfortunate. A 100% (or maybe 95%) reliable boot rate would've been nice. Anyway, this is a nice project, I hope OP will still work on it to fix those issues. :)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, my friends are wondering if this can be installed via PS dongle like OoT hax since they don't have an entry point...If so I was going to install the hax on my dummy save, convert it and share it if that's possible...?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Question, my friends are wondering if this can be installed via PS dongle like OoT hax since they don't have an entry point...If so I was going to install the hax on my dummy save, convert it and share it if that's possible...?
It can be installed via Powersaves, provided that someone patch their save with the hax installer normally, then use Powersaves to back up their patched save file.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be installed via Powersaves, provided that someone patch their save with the hax installer normally, then use Powersaves to back up their patched save file. The process you're describing should work.
I thought it would. Know of anyway to convert a save dump to a Powersave dump? I don't think they can use the "main" file that all my save extractors give me.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought it would. Know of anyway to convert a save dump to a Powersave dump? I don't think they can use the "main" file that all my save extractors give me.
There's no way to do that. The only way to obtain a Powersaves-compatible save is to extract it with a Powersaves itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @SylverReZ Thus the term "Getting your rocks off" Apply :D