• Views 59,329
  • Replies 263
  • Likes 38

revilococo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you correctly selected NEW/OLD?

If you did, then the only thing that I can think of is if the two 3DSs have different OR/AS update data on them.
?
That's it. The update Data. What should I do? Just delete all of the newer update data for my AS?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
?
That's it. The update Data. What should I do? Just delete all of the newer update data for my AS?
You could, although you won't be able to go online in AS without the latest patch data.

Another thing that you could do is use ctr-httpwn via the HBL on the 2DS to access the eShop and download AS 1.4 Update Data, then install basehaxx on your AS cart on the 2DS, and then you can keep the 1.4 update data on your N3DS.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: Scarftail

revilococo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could, although you won't be able to go online in AS without the latest patch data.

Another thing that you could do is use ctr-httpwn via the HBL on the 2DS to access the eShop and download AS 1.4 Update Data, then install basehaxx on your AS cart on the 2DS, and then you can keep the 1.4 update data on your N3DS.
Now, all I'm interested in doing is getting homebrew working... I'll go from there. I've deleted the update data on my N3DS (impulsiveness :)) and now, everything seems to be working. Thanks so much! You're a saint! :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Anybody have a OR/AS save dump with a base they can share? If not, how long does it take to get to that point?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have a OR/AS save dump with a base they can share? If not, how long does it take to get to that point?
I think it takes a while to get there, though it shouldn't take long if you just edit in some overpowered pokémon to go through everything up to that point :P

though it's still a better use of your time than the few minutes of freakyforms

I might do that soon...

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: zoogie

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You need to have beaten the third Gym, iirc.

Edit: Try using PKHeX to edit in a full set of badges to a new save file, along with a Pokémon with Secret Power and Fly, and see if that works. (You usually get the Secret Power TM given to you on Route 111 (north of Mauville), so I'm not sure if a flag is set then that enables Secret Bases, or if you just need to be able to use the move itself.)

Edit 2:
though it's still a better use of your time than the few minutes of freakyforms
I think the initial time requirement for freakyhax is overstated, to be honest.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: zoogie

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm surprised no one has made one yet, they could just grab the community saves for these games and do it fast since they should be far enough in the game. Then no one has to do hours of work or share a personal save.

I will do it later since I'm not home now if no one else gets around to it.

Here are saves that could be used just make sure to give credit to that thread to be nice
https://gbatemp.net/threads/community-save-pokemon-omega-ruby.374963/

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised no one has made one yet, they could just grab the community saves for these games and do it fast since they should be far enough in the game. Then no one has to do hours of work or share a personal save.

I will do it later since I'm not home now if no one else gets around to it.

Here are saves that could be used just make sure to give credit to that thread to be nice
https://gbatemp.net/threads/community-save-pokemon-omega-ruby.374963/
Yeah, I just found that. :P Unfortunately, it's not compatible with OR 1.0 or 1.4 (latest), so I'll have to try something else.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I just found that. :P Unfortunately, it's not compatible with OR 1.0 or 1.4 (latest), so I'll have to try something else.

That's strange, I wonder why they're not compatible they're just plain save files and even if something gets upgraded in the save during a update to break old version I can't imaging it not being good for 1.4 since that would just update it on boot. If such a thing would happen normally.

Edit: If you're importing to a digital version did you remember to delete the secure value.

Last edited by shadowofdarkness,

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's strange, I wonder why they're not compatible they're just plain save files and even if something gets upgraded in the save during a update to break old version I can't imaging it not being good for 1.4 since that would just update it on boot. If such a thing would happen normally.

Edit: If you're importing to a digital version did you remember to delete the secure value.
That was the problem. :shy: Can't believe I've never had to do that before.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
One question: Is it possible to 'uninstall' basehaxx without restoring an unhax'd save?
For example, by changing the Secret Base name to 'Default' to allow it to be renamed normally, and by clearing the Picture Data?

To my knowledge it isn't possible to edit any Secret Base information via PKHeX.

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Awesome! I was stuck with Supermysterychunkhax, wich unfortunately makes the entire game unuseable. This should do its job for a while, but I think it will disappear pretty fast, since Nintendo can easily force an update on people who still want to play online... Anyway, great to see an entrypoint of one of the most common 3ds games.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly, I think this is unlikely, considering that it's a physical game as much as it is an eShop one, and they never did the same for OoT.

Well yes but they get another method for blocking the hax with OoT via the regula FW update. But like you said no a specific update only for the game.
Im a little sad that my secret base name is now "?????????????" insted of is regular name, but the rest of the game still playble so i don't complaine to much. Expecialy if i think this hax same me money, my other alternati was Freaky Forms Deluxe (30€ used on my local gamestop or 30€ or more online), or hope the "hax god" help me and Cubic Ninja return usuble for the exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi