Bricked my New Nitendo 3ds xl

HidinN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried hacking for the first time and it exploded in my face. Figuratively. I was using the website 3ds.guide

If anybody knows how to unbrick the system, I'd appreciate it.
Post automatically merged:

Just add [htps] to the 3ds.guide to find the website. Thanks again!

Edit: I somehow failed to explain here that I also sweeped off all the files from the mods and just restored what was previously there. Please keep that in mind when replying. Thank you again!

Edit 2: The issue was resolved using Luma3ds.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw

Anybody who participated in helping me fix the New Nintendo 3ds XL, you have my everlasting gratitude. If you share this issue, then I suggest you use 7file for extracting files and that you format your microSD card. Follow the instructions here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/formatting-sd-(windows)

Once again thank you everybody, and if you see this later, please follow the same steps I took to fix my 3ds.

Edit 2: I just noticed im stupid, like really stupid. I think I never downloaded luma... nice. During the modding. So yeah, fun times all around.

Last edited by HidinN,
Reactions: whoblerbean

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's the place you should go back to as it's the most updated guide there is. Try their troubleshooting section

HidinN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's the place you should go back to as it's the most updated guide there is. Try their troubleshooting section
I deleted all the files from the sd. It was stupid and I regret it.

Does trouble shooting still work?

HidinN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think the files aren't proper then try using 7-zip. It's free BTW
Thanks, im scrambling a bit as im desperate, so sorry for the rapid replies despite me having a troubleshooting website up rn. I'll ask here as I am already at it: do you suggest CTRTransfer?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, im scrambling a bit as im desperate, so sorry for the rapid replies despite me having a troubleshooting website up rn. I'll ask here as I am already at it: do you suggest CTRTransfer?
How far into the hacking process did you get? Did you make it to the SafeB9SInstaller? It would be best to determine what step something may have gone wrong first.

Reactions: ZeroT21

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to check the guide on that, I've haven't been messing with 3ds homebrew/hacking for a long time

HidinN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How far into the hacking process did you get? Did you make it to the SafeB9SInstaller? It would be best to determine what step something may have gone wrong first.
It told me it finished then it restarted. But after that it stopped turning on. When I first began doing it, it told me that I didn't have the first thing that it listed. As I stated, I was way too hurried in my response and just energetically sweeped it all of the sd and so now it looks harder. The tutorial for the reboot I am doing is asking me to put a file on the luma/backup but I deleted it so I have no idea on what to do. I did make a backup of the sd's content before the modding but after that I have nothing else to show.

Edit: To clarify, I wiped the SD after it wasn't turning on for a while.

Last edited by HidinN,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It told me it finished then it restarted. But after that it stopped turning on. When I first began doing it, it told me that I didn't have the first thing that it listed. As I stated, I was way too hurried in my response and just energetically sweeped it all of the sd and so now it looks harder. The tutorial for the reboot I am doing is asking me to put a file on the luma/backup but I deleted it so I have no idea on what to do. I did make a backup of the sd's content before the modding but after that I have nothing else to show.

Edit: To clarify, I wiped the SD after it wasn't turning on for a while.
So since Boot9Strap did install just try placing the latest luma 3ds on the root of the SD. Make sure it is named "Boot.firm"

Reactions: HidinN

HidinN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since Boot9Strap did install just try placing the latest luma 3ds on the root of the SD. Make sure it is named "Boot.firm"
Alright, thanks. Something just came up, so I'll try that soon enough.

Actually, would that still work despite the SD wipe?

I still have the files for boot9Strap but not in the sd card file. I'm not going to be able to do much more for today, so I am just asking questions for now.

Last edited by HidinN,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I still have the files for boot9Strap but not in the sd card file. I'm not going to be able to do much more for today, so I am just asking questions for now.
What Boot9Strap does once installed is allows you to load .firm files. Boot9Strap is installed on the system itself not the SD. By default it will load any .firm file named boot.firm on the root of the SD. Other firms can be loaded by putting them in the luma\payloads\ folder and holding start during boot.

Reactions: HidinN

HidinN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People lose their SD cards one way or another all the time.

If boot9strap has already been installed, all you need is https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .
Thank you.

Thank you.
BTW, what does it mean if boot9strap is already installed? I mean I wiped the SD. I can download it again, but other than that I am not sure what you mean. (Nvm, already answered)

What Boot9Strap does once installed is allows you to load .firm files. Boot9Strap is installed on the system itself not the SD. By default it will load any .firm file named boot.firm on the root of the SD. Other firms can be loaded by putting them in the luma\payloads\ folder and holding start during boot.
Oh, thanks for the information!

People lose their SD cards one way or another all the time.

If boot9strap has already been installed, all you need is https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .
Luma worked.

Last edited by HidinN,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Once you get everything fixed, I highly suggest making a FULL NAND backup, and putting it multiple places. SD card, USB stick, cloud drive, and desktop/laptop are a few good spots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?