Status
Not open for further replies.

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is something that no one seems to bring up because they are more worried about games then the application it's self, (I swear peoples priorities sometimes.) But one this I keep seeing is that I need to update to 11.4 in order for the sleep downloading fuction to work properly.

If that is the case, then sad to say that 1,) I'll stick to just regular downloading with the console plugged into the charger and 2,) I find it highly unfair that I am forced to update my console when I am sure anyone who ventures onto this site the when you update a console things end up breaking and no longer working like for example the application/program that allows you to go online without updating to the latest firmware which to my knowledge is now patched and no longer able to be used again on 11.4.

I do hope this just a misconception and misguided information amongst all the others here running off their mouths about nonsense. Otherwise I do hope this is looked at and remedied.

Last edited by ScientistGreen,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is something that no one seems to bring up because they are more worried about games then the application it's self, (I swear peoples priorities sometimes.) But one this I keep seeing is that I need to update to 11.4 in order for the sleep downloading fuction to work properly.

If that is the case, then sad to say that 1,) I'll stick to just regular downloading with the console plugged into the charger and 2,) I find it highly unfair that I am forced to update my console when I am sure anyone who ventures onto this site the when you update a console things end up breaking and no longer working like for example the application/program that allows you to go online without updating to the latest firmware which to my knowledge is now patched and no longer able to used again.

I do hope this just a misconception and misguided information amongst all the others here running off their mouths about nonsense. Otherwise I do hope this is looked at and remedied.
We cannot fix this issue, and nothing is broken on 11.4

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't really need it, unless you're using Gateway.

I personally disagree but, everyone is bias by personal opinion.

There is other ways, plus, with sighax, it's will always be safe to update

Care to share these, "other ways" instead of just hinting at them as I am sure I am not the only one who is in the same boat as I am. Also, the fact that you just stated. "It will always be safe to update." Proves my point that you know zero about what I am speaking about.

Things break everytime there is an update, it is NEVER safe to update unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited by ScientistGreen,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But one this I keep seeing is that I need to update to 11.4 in order for the sleep downloading fuction to work properly.

Honestly, no idea if that's the case. But if it is, I can understand why, and doubt FreeShop can do much about it. FreeShop just utilizes the 3DS's internal functionality for download mode (Same as it does for decryption, ticket installation, etc):
https://notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/src/master/src/DownloadQueue.cpp#L742-L747

So, if the eShop background download service has a version check or some such, I could see this failing. But that's if it actually does fail, I haven't heard about that before.

Leooogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
trying to download the dlc for streetpass mii plaza it places automatically on the sleep mode downloading and doesn't start...

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, no idea if that's the case. But if it is, I can understand why, and doubt FreeShop can do much about it. FreeShop just utilizes the 3DS's internal functionality for download mode (Same as it does for decryption, ticket installation, etc):
https://notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/src/master/src/DownloadQueue.cpp#L742-L747

So, if the eShop background download service has a version check or some such, I could see this failing. But that's if it actually does fail, I haven't heard about that before.

The OP was the one stating that in order to have the sleep mode fuction work correctly you need to be on and I quote "v11.4" now we could make many assumptions I suppose but there is only one meaning I see to that and that is Version 11.4 firmware.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The OP was the one stating that in order to have the sleep mode fuction work correctly you need to be on and I quote "v11.4" now we could make many assumptions I suppose but there is only one meaning I see to that and that is Version 11.4 firmware.
Ah, missed him saying that, but I didn't try to refute it, more giving a reason for why that might be the case, and why it may not be possible to work around

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, missed him saying that, but I didn't try to refute it, more giving a reason for why that might be the case, and why it may not be possible to work around

No no, not saying you were refuting it, just was putting the info out there is all. Thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay