Hero Shooter GUNDAM EVOLUTION revived in private server project following End of Service

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States

GUNDAM EVOLUTION was a hero shooter released for the Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, and PC on November 2022. Sadly, after only one year, the game reached its end of service and was shutdown on November 29th, 2023.

Almost exactly 4 months following its end of service, the was was revived by a private server project known as Side 7. As of March 29th, 2024, Gundam Evolution is once again playable. Players using the Steam Version or Bamco Launcher version of the game on PC can make use of the Side 7 launcher and patches in order to play the game once more.

Gamemaster said:
Suit up, pilots!
@everyone

As of March 29th, 2024, Side 7 has entered public alpha

What is Public Alpha?
Public alpha is general availability of the game’s client and patcher. All players now have access to patch their game and log into Side 7’s private servers. Players may customize their accounts, access practice range, and take part in custom matches.

During public alpha, the Side 7 team makes no uptime guarantees. Players may experience extended downtime or server crashes. Players should check for issues in ⁠known-issues before reporting issues in ⁠bug-reports
Source: https://discord.gg/side7

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are they microstransacting and stealing tons of ur data via their private server too?

no one wants to play free 2 play games for a reason. unless they specially state they are removing all the logging and microtransactions theres no need to even port this garbage. let it burn and be lost in time. preserving slave games isnt preservation.

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
are they microstransacting and stealing tons of ur data via their private server too?

no one wants to play free 2 play games for a reason. unless they specially state they are removing all the logging and microtransactions theres no need to even port this garbage. let it burn and be lost in time. preserving slave games isnt preservation.
The project does not accept any money for microtransactions, nor hosting. All items that were in the game at end of service are made immediately available for all new sign ups. This includes the premium units.

The team can't control the data the client sends. Only what's done with it. Data sent is used for basic functions such as authentication, gameplay career stats, etc.

Reactions: Quore

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The project does not accept any money for microtransactions, nor hosting. All items that were in the game at end of service are made immediately available for all new sign ups. This includes the premium units.

The team can't control the data the client sends. Only what's done with it. Data sent is used for basic functions such as authentication, gameplay career stats, etc.
my point exactly. the client is still sending all the data just to a different host. doesnt change the fact that the data is still being sent and is the number one problem with any free to play mobile game.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ooooooh that's so nice

I liked the game but the kinda p2w stuff put me aside and honestly it just released a week before OW2 so .... I just couldn't play 2 hero shooters at the same time especially when there was one with time gated gundam unlocks. That's too bad because the game was pretty fun

I'm so so glad your project exists. I'll give this a try.
Have you heard of Ancify ? It's supposed to be a launcher for games like that, with server emulators. LawBreakers is supposed to be coming, Gundam Evolution could be a nice addition.

Tho personally I'm still thinking about Exteel .... I guess I'm probably the only guy in gbatemp to know that this existed ... 😔

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
my point exactly. the client is still sending all the data just to a different host. doesnt change the fact that the data is still being sent and is the number one problem with any free to play mobile game.
Gundam Evolution isn't a mobile game. It's a PC and console hero shooter. And regardless of whether a game is free or not, companies will include metadata and telemetry.
Post automatically merged:

Ooooooh that's so nice

I liked the game but the kinda p2w stuff put me aside and honestly it just released a week before OW2 so .... I just couldn't play 2 hero shooters at the same time especially when there was one with time gated gundam unlocks. That's too bad because the game was pretty fun

I'm so so glad your project exists. I'll give this a try.
Have you heard of Ancify ? It's supposed to be a launcher for games like that, with server emulators. LawBreakers is supposed to be coming, Gundam Evolution could be a nice addition.

Tho personally I'm still thinking about Exteel .... I guess I'm probably the only guy in gbatemp to know that this existed ... 😔
The launch timing of Gundam Evolution was unfortunate. Their monetization model in my sincere opinion wasn't as bad as it was made out to be (Overwatch 2's was worse). In either scenario, that is irrelevant here since all the units are immediately available.

We actually were in contact with the Ancify team earlier on to see if they could help us out. We ended up rolling our own platform though since we were doing some things differently. The biggest of which was the game server itself.

Last edited by Gamemaster1379,
Reactions: CoolMe

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gundam Evolution isn't a mobile game. It's a PC and console hero shooter. And regardless of whether a game is free or not, companies will include metadata and telemetry.
companies that include metadata and telemetry and log away the gamers privacy should be called out and if gamers are smart they dont play those games and eventually the companies that are evil enough to continue to steal data wont exist or will change their practices.

id rather play connect 4 or stix in the dirt for entertainment then accept what these companies do.

Reactions: Pismire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.