ROM Hack Translation Metroid: Other M - True Japanese Mod (English Fan Translation)

ahmedal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Because not everyone is able or willing to get their hands on the Japanese version of the game, or a Japanese Wii to play it on native hardware.
And I had the USA version already, so might as well try and make it work. Since the Japanese version has no issues with the FMV's and voiceovers, it becomes that much easier to port the fixed translation over after already doing the work on the US version.

I'm not sure that is possible, because each regional release is assigned its own unique GameID (R3OP01, R3OE01, and R3OJ01). An un-hacked Wii can only play the version that corresponds to its region, and even though Dolphin is region-free, it will only load the US ISO as the US version of the game... unless there's a way to edit the ISO files to trick Dolphin into thinking the game is for a different region.
I tested the language settings in Dolphin, but those only apply to Wii System Language and if Dolphin doesn't recognize the region & needs to pick a fallback. The game itself didn't change, and I don't see an option that forces Dolphin to play a specific region.
Furthermore, if the coding to select the Japanese region or language options was removed entirely from the US version, then there's nothing we can do unless we find and add to the game's code itself.

Other than that, it should be very easy to run the mod with the Japanese ISO, as I believe the mod XML is currently set up to work with any region. Just copy the Riivolution files into their correct spot in Dolphin and enable just the subtitles, select English as the in-game subtitles, and it should work.
I haven't tested this, however.
Can confirm the subtitle mod is working on the japanese rom.
Untitled-1.png

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto