Status
Not open for further replies.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some don't come up because a great person has to buy each game and manually upload them. My issue is that no new games have appeared on my app for 4 months so obviously something is wrong with my settings
newest in my freeshop is BASIC, I have it set to only show EUR/US/AUS, not the whole KOR/JAP/CH stuff

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thankful for what? I'm developing this on myself for about 1 year now, so just changing the theme and call you developing the app doesn't make you a developer...
Calm down, he added himself as one of many developers, in the list of multiple devs, so people know that they are running his fork and not arcs.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay now I''m confused.
Which is the main freeShop fork now?

Which one should I get that is gonna be kept updated in both app and cache?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PM me for full website as it's not allowed to be posted
That's not allowed here on GBATemp. As in PMing people links to piracy sites like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay now I''m confused.
Which is the main freeShop fork now?

Which one should I get that is gonna be kept updated in both app and cache?
Paul's fork.

Reactions: ShadowOne333
D

Deleted User

What's the Sapphire app do?
(I don't wanna brick my 3DS by installing an app that might brick.)

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's fine, just don't tag you as the main developer... if you need real help by developing the app for future updates or have any ideas for adding something, feel free to contact me. I'll help you out.
But... he is the main dev. Like arc basically agreed to make him the new main dev. While the theming engine might be inconsequential in terms of an update, the new cache repo sure as hell isn't in my book.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Considering that games usually get release on Friday in the eShop, that's a strange planning.
Hm... good point. I'll switch the Monday release to Saturday right now.

EDIT: cache now updates on monday, wednesday and saturdays.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hm... good point. I'll switch the Monday release to Saturday right now.
Great :)
Stupid question because I have no idea how you build the cache, but could you make it build everyday but only release it if there is something new compared to the previous release? I don't know if the process is able to tell itself if it actually built something new.
That way it will only release when there is something new but potentially more often if there is more new stuff to add.
I should probably add a disclaimer to OP that says this fork will no longer be updated
Well since everybody comes here for info on freeshop now, you could add a link to Paul's fork explaining he will maintain the soft from now on and advise people to switch to his fork for futur updates (if Paul is ok with it of course).

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question because I have no idea how you build the cache, but could you make it build everyday but only release it if there is something new compared to the previous release? I don't know if the process is able to tell itself if it actually built something new.
That way it will only release when there is something new but potentially more often if there is more new stuff to add.

Well since everybody comes here for info on freeshop now, you could add a link to Paul's fork explaining he will maintain the soft from now on and advise people to switch to his fork for futur updates (if Paul is ok with it of course).
Yes I know, I'm DMing Paul on discord rn

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not to sound like a broken record, but seriously, if someone could share a QR for Paul's fork, I'd be grateful.
I haven't been able to install the app since yesterday because I don't have access to a PC, so I'm stuck with FBI's downloader.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a Travis build job that fires on each new tag, so I have no real way of doing that. The automation is that I schedule a new tag with a cron automatically.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a Travis build job that fires on each new tag, so I have no real way of doing that. The automation is that I schedule a new tag with a cron automatically.
I see. So you automated the trigger of the job but you have no idea if it will be build something new. Well, it will build a new cache but it might be the same as the previous one.
Oh well, twice a week is already better than the previous one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1