Hardware New nintendo 3ds black screens

Temperal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a New Nintendo 3DS Pikachu edition that I hadn't used in a few months. I charged the system went to turn it on and the screens stay black. The power light does come on blue. I haven't done any mods or homebrew on it. Any suggestions how to fix it?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think the SD card is just faulty I can't access it on my computer.

Trouble is i can't remember what was on the card.

Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
h2testw_menu-png.210567
h2testw_results-png.210862

4. If the card is [GOOD], delete the *.h2w test files.
  • If the card is [BAD], discard it, get a replacement, and repeat steps 1–3.
Add and replace files to the (replacement) SD card.

Salvage the games, dlcs, updates, saves, and extdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder like in these examples.

6. Follow Path (B) when rebuilding the folder.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: fmkid

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello :)
I need help with my system. When I turn it on, the home menu sound plays but I can't see it. I can control it with the buttons and touch screen but can't see it. After 5 seconds, everything goes silent. At that point, the systems seems to reboot with any button presses. (Start loads payload launcher and select loads luma settings) I tried everything, using luma latest version 10.2, latest boot9strap, tried recovery update and ctr transfer as stated in Plailect’s guide. Nothing has changed. :(

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello :)
I need help with my system. When I turn it on, the home menu sound plays but I can't see it. I can control it with the buttons and touch screen but can't see it. After 5 seconds, everything goes silent. At that point, the systems seems to reboot with any button presses. (Start loads payload launcher and select loads luma settings) I tried everything, using luma latest version 10.2, latest boot9strap, tried recovery update and ctr transfer as stated in Plailect’s guide. Nothing has changed. :(
Is this a n3DSXL? If the screens and sound works under Recovery Mode, replace the camera assembly.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, though it seems a bit too complicated for my experience. Might end up finding someone who wants it if i can't find someone who can fix it for me. Or just use it for DS games. :ninja:
This can be kinda fixed by disconnecting the camera flex cable. It'll boot to HOME Menu and play games but will crash if the 3D slider is activated or anytime the cameras are used.

Reactions: fmkid

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can be kinda fixed by disconnecting the camera flex cable. It'll boot to HOME Menu and play games but will crash if the 3D slider is activated or anytime the cameras are used.
So basically you just sacrificing the 3D feature to get it to work again. Not a huge loss considering some games don't even support 3D. But I wonder what the camera has to do with loading system menu? Is just weird, and 3d as well. Does it have to do with the new 3DS using the camera sensors to enhance 3D? :blink:

also is there a way to boot NDS games without the system menu?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About this: not for now, but at least there's a way to load GBA roms on boot, if you are insterested:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/open_agb_firm-discussion-thread.570844/
Interesting. Thanks, but this just use the built in emulation the 3DS normally use for virtual console right? That means compatibility isn't as reliable as a emulator like mgba. But I guess is better than nothing. Least is not totally useless paper weight. :P

Honestly I thought there would be a way to boot directly to ds game carts. I remember on DS Lite, you can auto boot to GBA cart without system menu, hoping for similar thing. :ninja:

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Interesting. Thanks, but this just use the built in emulation the 3DS normally use for virtual console right? That means compatibility isn't as reliable as a emulator like mgba. But I guess is better than nothing. Least is not totally useless paper weight. :P

Honestly I thought there would be a way to boot directly to ds game carts. I remember on DS Lite, you can auto boot to GBA cart without system menu, hoping for similar thing. :ninja:
Well, it isn't properly "emulation", is native load indeed. 3DS family consoles has hardware retrocompatibility to run GBA roms natively, similar to DS/DSi retrocompatibility. Then, compatibilty is not a big problem.

However, a main (temporary) problem with open_agb_firm is some kind of save format compatibility

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it isn't properly "emulation", is native load indeed. 3DS family consoles has hardware retrocompatibility to run GBA roms natively, similar to DS/DSi retrocompatibility. Then, compatibilty is not a big problem.

However, a main (temporary) problem with open_agb_firm is some kind of save format compatibility
Well close enough, I just remember injecting some games and they just couldn't handle it. 8MB roms didn't work well, and I think any bigger just didn't work at all. Best I could do was just 4MB roms like Breath of fire instead of super mario advance 4, both the original and the WII U modified rom with E-reader level just was no good. mGba did the job where virtual console failed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy