Hacking New 8.1J to 9.0J method beta & looking for testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, man.. earlier, after that @#$%@# "hunter" posted that nonsense, you said you were close to being done with this scene

and now you are saying you are officially done with it, and this project is taking a back seat, etc..

Of course it's totally up to you what you spend your time on, and whether you work on this is nobody's decision but yours, and I think MOST of us, if not all of us, respect that. I don't fully understand why one asshole making rude and inappropriate remarks would cause you to wipe your hands of this project/scene/etc. Again, it's your choice, and i am not disputing that.. I just don't understand the reaction. You don't owe me or anyone else an explanation, though.. I'm not demanding one, or even begging for one. I'm just expressing my confusion, because I'm one of those people who have a SUPER HARD TIME walking away from a problem, or a question, or puzzle, that is left unsolved/unanswered/etc.. this is good, and bad, in the systems admin field - good, because i don't give up on finding a solution. bad, because i don't give up on finding a solution (when sometimes it's more efficient to just replace something that's not working).
It's the fact that he pretty much called us two devs out who are working constantly to fix this issue. In a sense, it's like working on a project and someone telling you that by the looks of it you don't know what the hell you're doing, than they jump into your person life such as your job, how much you make, your family. In my opinion, those things should be off limits. You can say i'm trash everyday but it's low bringing my family into it and talking down about them as well.

ashinnblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the fact that he pretty much called us two devs out who are working constantly to fix this issue. In a sense, it's like working on a project and someone telling you that by the looks of it you don't know what the hell you're doing, than they jump into your person life such as your job, how much you make, your family. In my opinion, those things should be off limits. You can say i'm trash everyday but it's low bringing my family into it and talking down about them as well.

who cares its one twat

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who cares its one twat
it's the fact that he pretty much attacked my family as well as Ron's. That's just something I do not stand for, it is disrespectful and awful! I will proceed with the mset project but regardless all I can do is send my stuff to my beta's and wait for my n3ds to get back.

ashinnblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's the fact that he pretty much attacked my family as well as Ron's. That's just something I do not stand for, it is disrespectful and awful! I will proceed with the mset project but regardless all I can do is send my stuff to my beta's and wait for my n3ds to get back.

like I said it's just one twat on the internet. who cares?

every time one guys mean to you your just gonna give up on everything? lol

Last edited by ashinnblunts,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said it's just one twat on the internet. who cares?

every time one guys mean to you your just gonna give up on everything? lol
Like I said I'm not giving up, regardless I have to wait for my n3ds to get back to me, so it's gonna be a slow time anyways. But I might be back to release what I have for the scene and than not be a dev anymore I might go to the Wii U since Nintendo devs said I should be a wii u dev ;)

Reactions: ashinnblunts

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
bought Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina 3D , hope that the method is compatible with this :)

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I'm back did you all miss me? For all those in the loop thanks for the well wishes

Just remember if you don't like this post feel free not to comment. The more negatively I received the more I don't want to release my methods.

We could always be complete dicks and say hey you want to go from 8.1 to 9.x? Pay me and send it to me. I am still on the fence about this since it would help others and not leak my work

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back did you all miss me? For all those in the loop thanks for the well wishes

Just remember if you don't like this post feel free not to comment. The more negatively I received the more I don't want to release my methods.

We could always be complete dicks and say hey you want to go from 8.1 to 9.x? Pay me and send it to me. I am still on the fence about this since it would help others and not leak my work

You mentioned something about 9.x FIRM injection back then when we were talking about using emuNAND as sysNAND ... and for that we needed a way to decrypt the NAND.
I learned yesterday that a fork of Archshifts Decrypt9 has support for getting launched via N3DS MSET -> which afaik is possible with GW means?

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
You mentioned something about 9.x FIRM injection back then when we were talking about using emuNAND as sysNAND ... and for that we needed a way to decrypt the NAND.
I learned yesterday that a fork of Archshifts Decrypt9 has support for getting launched via N3DS MSET -> which afaik is possible with GW means?
CakeHax does not support 8.1J

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

If you have a 9.1 virgin native firm it's possible to inject that to emunand 9.1 that was made on 8.1 system nand then inject that to system nand. It's just not very reliable or safe

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah man, I totally get that, and agree 100% (that personal attacks like that, involving a person's career, family, income, etc, ought to be off limits - not legally, or even subject to forum rules, because it's honestly pathetic to need a ton of rules just to behave like a decent person.. but i think it should be off limits in a self-enforced, code-of-honor kind of way)... I hope you didn't think i was questioning why that guy's post angered you and Ron. I guess it was more of a question like "why punish the group for an individual's bad behaviour?"... i know where you're coming from, although my situation was nowhere near as frustrating as yours, it still has that element of character attack while trying to do something for the scene.. i was involved in the early DS flash cart scene (actually supercard - the original GBA/slot-2 sized supercard with a compactflash card slot! and on to the supercard DS slot-1 cart, and everything in between) and had early access to new supercard models, before release date, due to a contact who was in and out of china and knows someone on the supercard team. i was posting pics of the soon to be released supercard lite, i believe, and supercard lite with rumble, whatever it was called.. and this guy just keeps heckling me, saying its fake, and why should anybody believe i have access to this before them... anyway, he just kept at it, and it was super annoying, and did make me think "why do i even bother, if it's going to impact me negatively?".. (actually i typed this out two days ago, forgot to send, and was away from computer for all of yesterday. turned my monitor on today, and here was this unposted reply.. oops)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Evildoerz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could always be complete dicks and say hey you want to go from 8.1 to 9.x? Pay me and send it to me. I am still on the fence about this since it would help others and not leak my work[/QUOTE]

Seeing as I know zero about coding and know zero japanese, I'd be more than happy to send you my n3ds LL and pay for it. I have a jap copy of cubic ninja too.
ver. 8.1.0-0J

Last edited by Evildoerz,

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Seeing as I know zero about coding and know zero japanese, I'd be more than happy to send you my n3ds LL and pay for it. I have a jap copy of cubic ninja too.
ver. 8.1.0-0J[/QUOTE]

I will always offer mod services; I just like people to have a free way as well so it's really just a convenience fee and not capitalism

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't want to be a dick, but is there any progress news ?
Don't worry, I think others have "be a dick" covered already.

Latest update is that both @Ronhero and @laramie are considering halting "public" development of their projects and perhaps not releasing them at all due to the many abusive assholes in this toxic community.

Two more for the growing list of developers who have either stopped actively working on projects publicly or have left the scene entirely. We must be close to 10 now.

Reactions: Gruntzer

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to release it once I feel as if it will do more good then bricks. The problem with 1 of the 4 methods is it could lead to other exploits, 1 of the 4 boot file is not 100% mine to share amd the other two have not been successful on both nands and has made more bricks then successful updates

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'm going to release it once I feel as if it will do more good then bricks. The problem with 1 of the 4 methods is it could lead to other exploits, 1 of the 4 boot file is not 100% mine to share amd the other two have not been successful on both nands and has made more bricks then successful updates
That's a problem? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...