Country
United States
here ya go.
has the same error as my other 3dses:
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000
except my pc couldnt detect the 2ds and no format warning either when i plugged it in.
voltage and resistance readings on the 3 pins are close match [+/-.1] with my other 3ds,
there's just no drive to select in win32diskimager or in usb image tool.
also tried 3 different sd card readers, nothing.
going to relocate the ground wire on the mobo and see.
Did you have to desolder a bunch of other components to access these contacts on the system?

MDFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, the 3DS-side soldering was a success, the device still works fine. Deep sigh of relief.
Now, am I correct in saying the device needs to be turned on in order to read/write the nand? This'd mean I have to mess up my case so I can get the wires outside, with the battery still in.

I'm on OS X, so I'll be using the dd command. Just want to verify if this is the correct usage:
Backing up current nand: dd if=/dev/nand of=/path/to/backup.bin
Restoring previous nand: dd if=/path/to/backup.bin of=/dev/nand

Thanks!

UPDATE: After soldering the wires to a SD-to-USB adapter and plugin it into my computer, it shows up in Windows Explorer (Windows 8) as a removable drive mounted on E:\.
But Win32DiskImager doesn't list any devices (yes, I ran as admin), and when using dd for windows I am told the drive is not ready.
On Ubuntu, it doesn't show up at all, anywhere. Any ideas?

UPDATE 2: Tried it with a friend's laptop, Windows 7. It showed up, Win32DiskImager recognized it. Great! Unplugged it to double-check the firmware version so I could give the backup a meaningful name. Plugged the 3DS back in, and... nothing. Didn't show up anymore.
On initial plug-in, it did give the "installing device drivers" message. Going to try doing a clean install of Windows 7 on my own machine and working from there.

UPDATE 3: I am an idiot. I thought that soldering the wiring directly to the SD-to-USB adapter would be no different from soldering it to a microSD-to-SD that you'd insert into the SD-to-USB adapter. Well, I was wrong. Still no idea why, but after doing the wiring exactly as examples have shown, it works perfectly.
(Why didn't I think to follow exact instructions in the first place? Beats me.)

Last edited by MDFang,

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I can't write to my 3ds. I keep getting some error about not getting the device geometry. Tried on win10 laptop as well as mac mini. Although I seem to have backed up the nand successfully. Im using the mmc 4 wire mod through a microsd-sd adapter. Can anyone clue me in on where I'm going wrong?

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, the 3DS-side soldering was a success, the device still works fine. Deep sigh of relief.
Now, am I correct in saying the device needs to be turned on in order to read/write the nand? This'd mean I have to mess up my case so I can get the wires outside, with the battery still in.

I'm on OS X, so I'll be using the dd command. Just want to verify if this is the correct usage:
Backing up current nand: dd if=/dev/nand of=/path/to/backup.bin
Restoring previous nand: dd if=/path/to/backup.bin of=/dev/nand

Thanks!

UPDATE: After soldering the wires to a SD-to-USB adapter and plugin it into my computer, it shows up in Windows Explorer (Windows 8) as a removable drive mounted on E:\.
But Win32DiskImager doesn't list any devices (yes, I ran as admin), and when using dd for windows I am told the drive is not ready.
On Ubuntu, it doesn't show up at all, anywhere. Any ideas?

UPDATE 2: Tried it with a friend's laptop, Windows 7. It showed up, Win32DiskImager recognized it. Great! Unplugged it to double-check the firmware version so I could give the backup a meaningful name. Plugged the 3DS back in, and... nothing. Didn't show up anymore.
On initial plug-in, it did give the "installing device drivers" message. Going to try doing a clean install of Windows 7 on my own machine and working from there.

UPDATE 3: I am an idiot. I thought that soldering the wiring directly to the SD-to-USB adapter would be no different from soldering it to a microSD-to-SD that you'd insert into the SD-to-USB adapter. Well, I was wrong. Still no idea why, but after doing the wiring exactly as examples have shown, it works perfectly.
(Why didn't I think to follow exact instructions in the first place? Beats me.)

is there a chip inside TF-SD reader? i am having similar problem: i soldered all my wires to TF-card-reader, then put the TF-card-reader into SD-card-reader, then i am able to plug it into my PC via USB. but my PC doesn't recognize it, all my PC did was made a USB insert sound, no pop up shows should i format or not. i guess it is my TF card reader or SD card reader is faulty one.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
is there a chip inside TF-SD reader? i am having similar problem: i soldered all my wires to TF-card-reader, then put the TF-card-reader into SD-card-reader, then i am able to plug it into my PC via USB. but my PC doesn't recognize it, all my PC did was made a USB insert sound, no pop up shows should i format or not. i guess it is my TF card reader or SD card reader is faulty one.
Use a known compatible reader, if that doesnt work, then your wiring is wrong. There are alot of variables, so remove the reader variable and get one that is known to work

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ,
I have a 3DS XL SSB Edition but the motherboard is a bit different and i cant see the ground.
Someone can help me ?

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I try my best this camera dont want to focus properly.
1450711525-dscn0867.jpg

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
after one night of solder , The nand(as dévice to format) was detect in windows , i made 2 dump of my nand(they are identical) but a wire on the micro sd adapter disolder.
When i solder it again... nothing in windows ... :hateit:
But still have the bluescreen... with the same error

Last edited by narutonic,

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
after one night of solder , The nand(as dévice to format) was detect in windows , i made 2 dump of my nand(they are identical) but a wire on the micro sd adapter disolder.
When i solder it again... nothing in windows ... :hateit:
But still have the bluescreen... with the same error
Check your points. Your GND point looks weak in the above pic

jjfro9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to try to downgrade my 3ds xl from 9.9 to 4.5 soon (neighbor kid accidently updated the 3DS). I had made a copy of my original nand a year ago when I got the MT card, but everything I see talks about using your nand.BIN file. Been reading information on how to use win32diskimager and looking at my original file, mine shows it as 3DS_NAND.DAT and I am wondering if that is the same thing as the .BIN file? I can't seem to find out any information about this (or if I have to convert my nand to bin somehow). Also, that is the only file name I have for my NAND file. Should I have more? Thanks for any help.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I am going to try to downgrade my 3ds xl from 9.9 to 4.5 soon (neighbor kid accidently updated the 3DS). I had made a copy of my original nand a year ago when I got the MT card, but everything I see talks about using your nand.BIN file. Been reading information on how to use win32diskimager and looking at my original file, mine shows it as 3DS_NAND.DAT and I am wondering if that is the same thing as the .BIN file? I can't seem to find out any information about this (or if I have to convert my nand to bin somehow). Also, that is the only file name I have for my NAND file. Should I have more? Thanks for any help.
i'm 99.9% certain it's the same thing, don't worry :) just one big file, that should be it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.