nand flash dump (3ds xl)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lightenup, Jul 4, 2013.

1. burningstallion

burningstallion Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    I want to do something like this, I'm confused how they make the connection between the hardmod and the adapter. Anyone want to shine some light into this?

2. Spore2

Spore2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2016
    I had a 00F800FE FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000022 0000000 error code but was able to dump, patch and write to nand successfully. I think these error codes differ between nand chip types and card readers.

3. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Error codes don't mean anything, its a matter of console to pc detection.

Spore2 likes this.
  4. Spore2

Spore2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2016
    Exactly what I learned from experience that's why I quoted the post and replied to it a it may mislead some newbie harmodders to think that there is something wrong with their setup when they get those error codes.

5. brewder

brewder Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2014
    Argentina
    Are there alternative Dat0 and CMD points in an OLD XL?

I burned those two points And I want to know if my console serves

6. SoopaSee

SoopaSee Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    @vb_encryption_vb I just soldered my second n3ds xl and I've got the bootrom error blue screen but only on the bottom screen. Soldered it exactly the same way as the first one I did which worked out perfectly but this second one isn't being detected by any pc I plug the card reader into. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    some n3ds models don't get the bsod on the top screen (I guess it depends on if you have a ips screen or not or something like that) but yeah that's normal, as for it not being detected, for the n3ds you need a card reader that is compatible, there is a list of compatible readers in the n2ds hard mod thread, iirc the Samsung nand is more picky in regards to being detected properly so while one console may work with reader A another will only work with reader B

personally I used a traced rdp8k which works for all consoles on my experience

Last edited by gamesquest1, Mar 17, 2017
    SoopaSee likes this.
  8. SoopaSee

SoopaSee Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    Hello @gamesquest1 I have the tekrepublic card reader recommended in the hardmodding thread on gbatemp and it worked for the other hardmod I did. That was a Korean model though and this one is a European one. Don't know if that makes a difference. And I tried plugging it into the same desktop that worked for the last one but no dice. Thanks for letting me know about the bsod one one screen being normal though. Makes me feel better.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hello again, do you possibly mean this transcend all in one card reader?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-Flash-Memory-Card-Reader/dp/B001NS0OZ4

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    try making the wires shorter if your sure its a compatible reader

SoopaSee likes this.
  10. SoopaSee

SoopaSee Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    Thanks. I'll try making the wires shorter. Just one last quick question. Have you modded a European one before? Did your rdp8k work on them? If the wire shortening doesn't do the trick then I'll get your card reader if you think it'll work for a European console. Thanks for all your help. You're amazing.

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    all regions are the same, regions is only determined by what fw is installed on it

SoopaSee likes this.
  12. SoopaSee

SoopaSee Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    Hey @gamesquest1, I shortened the wires as you suggested and it worked. A working console again thanks to you. Much appreciated. Thanks.

gamesquest1 likes this.