Hacking Flashcard firmware backups

jsan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Replying to my own questions, I was able to bring my flashcart back to life by following the instructions on 3ds.guide/troubleshooting
Truned out that the problem was in the 3ds, not the flashcart. Some people just lose the ability to use flashcarts after installing CFW.

Cheers

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Replying to my own questions, I was able to bring my flashcart back to life by following the instructions on 3ds.guide/troubleshooting
Truned out that the problem was in the 3ds, not the flashcart. Some people just lose the ability to use flashcarts after installing CFW.

Cheers
when the 3ds detects it then its working
if no cart is detected its broken

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I recently got a second N3DS XL, and even though I own a hacked N3DS XL, I decided to follow the guide as if I only had one console, to understand the process of installing B9S on a recent firmware (11.4) using a flashcard.

I bought a Gold RTS r4ids.cn from nds-card.com a couple of months ago and used the flashcard to hack my new N3DS. Everything worked as expected but I never realised that one could backup the flashcard's own firmware using a hacked N3DS.

After installing B9S, I had to look for a firmware backup for my flashcard and I used the one provided in this thread because it was easier to identify my card here than in the 3DS Guide. The firmware works as expected, but I am pretty sure that my flashcard now uses a different icon than the one it used to show. Could it be a different firmware version? Is there a way to know what the firmware version of my flashcard is?

D

Deleted User

I recently got a second N3DS XL, and even though I own a hacked N3DS XL, I decided to follow the guide as if I only had one console, to understand the process of installing B9S on a recent firmware (11.4) using a flashcard.

I bought a Gold RTS r4ids.cn from nds-card.com a couple of months ago and used the flashcard to hack my new N3DS. Everything worked as expected but I never realised that one could backup the flashcard's own firmware using a hacked N3DS.

After installing B9S, I had to look for a firmware backup for my flashcard and I used the one provided in this thread because it was easier to identify my card here than in the 3DS Guide. The firmware works as expected, but I am pretty sure that my flashcard now uses a different icon than the one it used to show. Could it be a different firmware version? Is there a way to know what the firmware version of my flashcard is?
i dont think so
ntrboot only wrights to the arm9overlay
not the banner

also ive been flashng diffrent card backups to one of my carts and the icon has stayed the same
edit: if it could write to the banner then i wouldve made my cart have a Megumin banner

Last edited by , , Reason: weeb stuff

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i dont think so
ntrboot only wrights to the arm9overlay not the banner

also ive been flashng diffrent card backups to one of my carts and the icon has stayed the same
edit: if it could write to the banner then i wouldve made my cart have a Megumin banner
Interesting. Then I must be confused, and unfortunately cannot check it because that is the only RTS Gold r4ids flashcard that I own.
Thanks for the clarification, mate.

Since the last firmware revision for that flashcard is a couple of years old, I am most likely using the same one.

Reactions: HBDL

TobiSham

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone have a backup for this card? I want to make an SPI writing. It's a 2mb flash

ue7Q0iP.jpg

Reactions: HBDL

HBDL

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hi Anyone have a backup for this card?

r4i 3ds r4itt for 3ds ww w.r4itt.net

ht tps://image.ibb.co/iSuJHb/01_r4_3ds.jpg

Last edited by HBDL,

TobiSham

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Spain
R4 2013 gold pro

ttps://mega.nz/#!9yYQ1Z5b!cXCoANYML9Rmp5d7tw8Kh2w0bNY91mYKrGSA_1ljUPQ

Thanks HBDL for your effort! After an SPI flash with SPIPGM now I can see the SpongeBob SquarePants icon but, alas, I've tested like a dozen of kernels with no more than a white screen.

There's a 2011 date on the PCB, so maybe it's not the 2013 version.

PBNxkVF.jpg

EleventhSign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Thanks HBDL for your effort! After an SPI flash with SPIPGM now I can see the SpongeBob SquarePants icon but, alas, I've tested like a dozen of kernels with no more than a white screen.

There's a 2011 date on the PCB, so maybe it's not the 2013 version.

What icon did you have originally?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I noticed I was credited for the AK2i 44 dump, but I didn’t provide that backup.
I did provide an 88 backup somewhere though :unsure:
Edit: So I might as well provide something useful. Here's a flash dump for an R4i Gold Pro 2017 (www.r4isdhc.com)
I can confirm that it's a working flash dump
Filetrip
Mega

Last edited by The Catboy,

TobiSham

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Spain
Clean backup for R4 SDHC Revolution RTS LITE 2015 www.r4isdhc.com

I haven't seen it before, comparing MD5 signatures of similar backups on gbatemp and 3ds.guide.

Ntrboot_flasher v0.3.1 worked flawlessly

gZnjKDz.jpg

Attachments

• R4 SDHC Revolution RTS LITE 2015 www.r4isdhc.com.zip
    948.8 KB · Views: 763
Reactions: emuashui

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes. You can use the ntrboot flasher to update or downgrade your firmware. I had an older version with old firmware. It wouldn't work even with CFW, but it worked fine for NTRBootHax. It's firmware backup got borked so I had to get a backup from a temper. It was a newer firmware and it ended up updating my flashcart and made it work again.

You can scroll down a little on from this point on this page and it shows all the firmware versions with their icon.

Reactions: starburst

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...