Flashcard firmware backups

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheCheeze, Aug 18, 2017.

1. TobiSham

TobiSham Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    Spain
    No luck, but thanks a lot for your effort. I tend to think that may not be the correct FW because I should expect a white screen with the text "card?" instead of simply a white screen.

What I don't understand from a technical point of view is how could I trashed it updating it, if the Write Enable pin of the chip is shorted to GND... that would mean "no write enable", so no updateable.

[[​IMG]

2. EleventhSign

EleventhSign Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2017
    Korea, North
    Yeah these carts are known to brick if you used an incorrect kernel.

WP is controlled via software or control register in SPI. Try to flash this using an SPI flasher, it's a SpongeBob icon too and should work with the kernel I gave u before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17jCzythbLn34kg5EEWjsVsdrukbU4IRL/view?usp=drivesdk

TobiSham likes this.
  3. TobiSham

TobiSham Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    Spain
    Amazing! You nailed this time. After SPI flash works perfectly. Not ntr-boot compatible as expected, but I get a NDS working flashcard at least. Thanks :yaynds:

PS: Like my getto flasher? :D
    PPS: How come you have such a batch of firmwares? I'd like to know some background of yourself

[​IMG]

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Your card is sitting in there hella cooked... might not be making good enough contact with the pins.

5. EleventhSign

EleventhSign Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2017
    Korea, North
    Your cart is almost similar to r4igold.cc and r4isdhc.hk. I had bricked 2 of my r4isdhc.hk carts before. 1st was when i used retrogamefan's kernel and 2nd was when I was writing to the SPI flash when it somehow trashed something in the flash chip. I got help from irc when someone gave me a dump of their r4isdhc.hk dual core cart, but for some reason, the original kernel wouldn't work anymore and will just give me a white screen. After buying at least 2 more of these carts, I then learned that these carts (at least the one with SpongeBob icon) has some unique key stored in flash, that if you used and write it to a different flash chip, it won't boot to the kernel. And this key is unique per flash chip (not per cart). So I searched and found an old kernel (which I believe don't check for this key) from R4iGold.cc (the one I gave you) which at least worked and let me play NDS games again.

TobiSham and emuashui like this.
  6. twocows

twocows Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2013
    United States
    Michigan
    You are my hero. Thank you!

Edit: won't let me restore from the NTR one for some reason. Check fails.
    Edit 2: the dump of the NTR boot firmware matches the checksum of the one you provided, so I'm probably set on that anyway, it looks like I only screwed up the DS mode. Thanks! (and confirmed, it worked!)

Last edited by twocows, Nov 12, 2017
  7. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Maybe https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd1fb6hfje5g8iw/R4ids.cn_faulty_C_DSi_1.4.5_Flash.rar?dl=0 works for you. It's a backup of a "faulty revision C" r4ids.cn card.

8. twocows

twocows Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2013
    United States
    Michigan
  9. blady83

blady83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2017
    Venezuela
    greetings friends, I write to you with the purpose, to ask for your help since I am looking for a backup of a r4 2017, since the backups that I have downloaded from this post have not worked for me, here I leave a for of my r4, thanks Beforehand and excuse English, since I am using the Google translator.

10. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Yes, although my own backup of a 2014 r4i sdhc lite strangely failed to restore the 2014 lite card, your "2015 lite" amazingly works with the 031 flasher using a b9-3ds, successfully restored my 2014 lite from its previous magnet-card state.
    Thanks for your attachment.

TobiSham likes this.
  11. TobiSham

TobiSham Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    Spain
    Nice to be helpful!

12. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Could you give the full name of your "2017" card, or simply post a photo of your card?

13. garanda

garanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2017
    Spain
    Hello guys,
    I'm write because I need help with my wood r4igold, I've used for install Luma and everything works great, but I wanna to make the card useful again, so please any one has the backup for wood r4igold

This is the image:

Attached Files:

Last edited by garanda, Nov 20, 2017
  14. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
  15. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    edit: wrong post

16. garanda

garanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2017
    Spain
    Thanks for your help but It doesn't works, I tried with the "HW_A5" backup with no success.
    Hope anyone have the backup.

EDIT: Found it, the correct version is HW_5 with this backup I bring the card to life. Thanks to everyone for the support.

If any one need this here is the file: www DOT dropbox DOT com/s/j4ys19iike5mpco/R4%20gold.cc%20FW-A5.zip?dl=1

Last edited by garanda, Nov 21, 2017
  17. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    anyone have a backup of this flashcard ?
    (this isn't my photo, and mine is "www.r4i-SDHC.com")
    abmrt2.jpg

Last edited by Xyphoseos, Nov 27, 2017
  18. DrGreed

DrGreed GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    I feel like we should organize this a little better so the Firmware is more easy to find. I'd do it but I'm not professional enough.

19. SSQ

SSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    United States
    Yo mamma's house!
    I got a R4I 3DS btw and it's really good.

20. Ronalddlm27

Ronalddlm27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Costa Rica
    you found it ? I also need it in case you have it so you can give me a little help