Hacking NTRBOOT IS OUT!!!!

Gin Casamina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine saying "FIRM WAS NOT FOUND" when I choose INJECT NTRBOOT... Any idea what's wrong? (Dump 100% OK, Acekard WM-81)
i had that issue then i realized i didnt have the ntr version of bootstrap soo check and see that you have the ntr files and not the standard ones in your ntrboot folder

Last edited by Gin Casamina,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Si there is a chance of brick on supported original flashcard then.

Or your R4i Gold Is not RTS?
No, it's not RTS. It's an older version of the RTS card from r4ids.cn before they had RTS. It's basically the same so it works. I think I might have overwritten the backup or it didn't like the version of firmware that was on it. When I restored a good backup of the latest firmware, it fixed it.

Reactions: DarkDante

DarkDante

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, it's not RTS. It's an older version of the RTS card from r4ids.cn before they had RTS. It's basically the same so it works. I think I might have overwritten the backup or it didn't like the version of firmware that was on it. When I restored a good backup of the latest firmware, it fixed it.
Ok nice you fixed it! I was starting to get worried about my card I have the RTS R4i Gold.

So it bricked because you tried to change the Firmware.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok nice you fixed it! I was starting to get worried about my card I have the RTS R4i Gold.

So it bricked because you tried to change the Firmware.
I think I overwrote the backup or it had issues with the older firmware that was originally on the card. I couldn't update to the newest firmware since I don't have a DS anymore.

The NTRBoot Flasher can be used as a firmware updater for compatible cards. If your card is supported and it's on an older firmware, you can restore a backup of newer firmware and restore that to update the card. This should help people who no longer have a DS and have their DS flash card stuck on old firmware. That's what I learned from my card bricking/unbricking.

DarkDante

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think I overwrote the backup or it had issues with the older firmware that was originally on the card. I couldn't update to the newest firmware since I don't have a DS anymore.

The NTRBoot Flasher can be used as a firmware updater for compatible cards. If your card is supported and it's on an older firmware, you can restore a backup of newer firmware and restore that to update the card. This should help people who no longer have a DS and have their DS flash card stuck on old firmware. That's what I learned from my card bricking/unbricking.
Lol an error can help a lot sometimes thanks for the info then. I can use it to update my card. Nice!

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol an error can help a lot sometimes thanks for the info then. I can use it to update my card. Nice!
Welcome. Since there are like a gazillion R4 clones it might take a while to find the right backup. I tried half a dozen before I found one that worked. Different cards show up as the same Chip ID and HW Rev, but they are not the same.

Reactions: DarkDante

DarkDante

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Welcome. Since there are like a gazillion R4 clones it might take a while to find the right backup. I tried half a dozen before I found one that worked. Different cards show up as the same Chip ID and HW Rev, but they are not the same.
Is a puzzle of cards lol. Even if I brick mine, can be Restore maybe.

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
No estimate no idea. I have a 2016 I could use if they sort it too but I'm guessing they're busy sleeping they deserve it [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
they completely missed their chance with the New2DS
Maybe. For all we know the N2DS could have been prototyped and production could have began way before 33c3 and all the known bootrom exploits were made public. It wouldn't have been smart on their part to wait for these things to be released for marketing purposes. I'm sure there were deadlines to be met, and there was absolutely no ETA on B9S, sighax, or ntrboot for them to go on.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe. For all we know the N2DS could have been prototyped and production could have began way before 33c3 and all the known bootrom exploits were made public. It wouldn't have been smart on their part to wait for these things to be released for marketing purposes. I'm sure there were deadlines to be met, and there was absolutely no ETA on B9S, sighax, or ntrboot for them to go on.
Chances are high that the 2DSXL was started before 33c3 and they were just sitting on it. That's actually an extremely common practice with Nintendo to start a project and then test the hell out of it for months to even years.
But at the same time they should have had greater security in mind for the 2DSXL. They've been using the same bootrom since the old3DS and continuing to use it all the way to that system just seems like a bad idea right from the start

Last edited by The Catboy,

sirben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys just wanted to ask,I have a R4i Gold 3ds RTS,but the only thing different is the sticker in front has a wifi logo on it, will it still work ?

R4I-SDHC-RTS.jpg

A Big thanks in advance !

Last edited by sirben,

Shroomalistic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just wanted to ask,I have a R4i Gold 3ds RTS,but the only thing different is the sticker in front has a wifi logo on it, will it still work ?

R4I-SDHC-RTS.jpg

A Big thanks in advance !
No, I have the same one just tried it and the gateway blue card and neither worked

Reactions: sirben

snow3ds27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. I successfully installed a CFW to my 11.4 2DS using the ntrboot method. I used the R4i Gold RTS to inject it. I followed all steps, made dump backup to my sd card but when I did the finalizing steps, it asked me to delete my sd card and with it I lost my ntrboot folder which had my original dump of my flashcart. So, when I was doing the restoration of my flashcart, it is unable to flash the dump. It says, the ntrboot folder is missing. It suggested to add the the ntrboot folder and redo the process. I tried reformating the SD card of my flashcart and place all updated kernels but the 3ds just won't read the flashcart. I tried using Recuva to recover the ntrboot folder in my 3ds SD card, but it cannot recover it. HELP! I need a backup.bin of the original dump for R4i Gold RTS for me to reuse my flashcart. Anybody here who has a working R4i Gold RTS flashcart, can you please make me a backup dump file?

Last edited by snow3ds27,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. I successfully installed a CFW to my 11.4 2DS using the ntrboot method. I used the R4i Gold RTS to inject it. I followed all steps, made dump backup to my sd card but when I did the finalizing steps, it asked me to delete my sd card and with it I lost my ntrboot folder which had my original dump of my flashcart. So, when I was doing the restoration of my flashcart, it is unable to flash the dump. It says, the ntrboot folder is missing. It suggested to add the the ntrboot folder and redo the process. I tried reformating the SD card of my flashcart and place all updated kernels but the 3ds just won't read the flashcart. I tried using Recuva to recover the ntrboot folder in my 3ds SD card, but it cannot recover it. HELP! I need a backup.bin of the original dump for R4i Gold RTS for me to reuse my flashcart. Anybody here who has a working R4i Gold RTS flashcart, can you please make me a backup dump file?
There should be a couple here, try them until one works for your cart: https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-r4ids-cn-card-firmware-backup-bin-kernel.480684/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s