Hacking NTRBOOT IS OUT!!!!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Chances are high that the 2DSXL was started before 33c3 and they were just sitting on it. That's actually an extremely common practice with Nintendo to start a project and then test the hell out of it for months to even years.
But at the same time they should have had greater security in mind for the 2DSXL. They've been using the same bootrom since the old3DS and continuing to use it all the way to that system just seems like a bad idea right from the start
Given the fcc filing that was discovered around the time of the o2ds launch I have a feeling nintendo might have already knew of sighax but some stupid mix up lead to them either accidentally using the original boot rom or them not getting the revised boot rom ready/authorised/certified to go prior to the 2ds launch so they just stuck to what they had

sirben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys I tried looked around for people who are selling these r4 cards since my one was a fake and found someone claiming that he has one r4i gold 3ds rts, is it legit ? I've noticed that there is a label that states the version of the card, but everything else seems pretty much the same.
View attachment 96909

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys I tried looked around for people who are selling these r4 cards since my one was a fake and found someone claiming that he has one r4i gold 3ds rts, is it legit ? I've noticed that there is a label that states the version of the card, but everything else seems pretty much the same.
View attachment 96909
It doesn't look familiar - I haven't seen any that day v6.1 on them like that. But it might be fine. If you want to be sure, but from nds-card.com

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope (if using an already hacked console).
Thanks Kitty!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope (if using an already hacked console).
It's also interesting that the DSLite features the same feature as the 3DS/DSi. Except the magnet location is just a bit further down. It's over start/select instead of the ABXY buttons.

Edit: I received the 3 Ak2i's that I ordered from nds-card via the link from Plailect's guide (in hopes that he gets some referral monies). All 3 AK2i's are HW81, and all are 100% legit! One of them read as HW91 at first, which was odd. But I realized it was probably inserted wrong. After carefully reinserting it, it was recognized as HW81 right away.

Last edited by OrGoN3,
Reactions: Quantumcat

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Any idea for the following problem:
While holding the buttons with the magnet, the power led lights up and the screen doesnt.
Yes, the magnet is on the right spot since i would otherwise get the bluescreen.
SD Card is a 4GB SDHC, FAT32 - 32KB Sector size
Already checked the file structure

R4i Gold 3DS RTS
Old 3DS XL | Bluescreen 8046

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just pre-ordered a SNES 3DS XL and now I'm wondering if the hardware might have the boot rom patched for NTRboothax, etc. I guess only time will tell, yet they might have time to do it before they are mass produced in the factory.

skills14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i just say thanks for this amazing release, have so far used it on four different model 3DS consoles and had no issues whatsoever via the guide on 3ds.guide and using an r4i gold card from nds-card.com

Reactions: ganons

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
can i just say thanks for this amazing release, have so far used it on four different model 3DS consoles and had no issues whatsoever via the guide on 3ds.guide and using an r4i gold card from nds-card.com

How long did you have to wait from dispatch to being delivered?

Reactions: skills14

vilator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i have this old card laying around from dsl, do you guys think it might work? It looks like the same versions on the website, just missing the i. Also says nds/ds on the bottom. Dont have a 3ds on me right now to check, going to buy one soon.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170915_092252_crop_468x469.jpg
    20170915_092252_crop_468x469.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 231

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey i have this old card laying around from dsl, do you guys think it might work? It looks like the same versions on the website, just missing the i. Also says nds/ds on the bottom. Dont have a 3ds on me right now to check, going to buy one soon.

Thanks
If it isn't the same as any of the pictures, it isn't likely to be compatible.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I could flash ntrboot hax in my Acekard 2i hw81 via DS Lite, but, 3DS' ntrboot flasher program says that flashcart isn't supported.

On log file there is:

[AK2i]: HW Revision = 34b8b7ff
[AK2i]: Shutdown

How do i can solve this and be able to restore it to be fully functional on stock DSs?

Thanks.

Last edited by Perfect One,

sleeperdk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So i have an old acekard 2i but no sd card in it. Tryed to load ntr onto it but no luck "flashcart isn't supported." So i found some old acekard akaio 1.8.5 files and put it on and tadaa. It loads it on the card and flash it :)
But on the new 3ds xl when i put it in and find the sweet spot and hold in power select start x. Non, just goes to main menu. Tryed for 5 min and no luck...

What to do ?

Edit:
So i tryed one more time and... it got back to the 3ds main menu but the Acekard 2i logo is there ?? When i try to launch it, it says an error has occurred press and hold the power button..

Edit2:
So after i got the logo, i didn press anything but shutdown the 3ds and did the power start select x thing again and omg it works :D Installed boot9strap and got it running and luma is up ^^

Last edited by sleeperdk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o