Hacking DARKCORP v1.0 Release!

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all I wanna thanks for this masterpiece that is Darkcorp, amazing homebrew, works very well!
But I got a strange problem:

I burned Wario Land Shake It NTSC and Resident Evil 4 NTSC too, they are shown in Disc Channel but when I start the game I got a error screen asking me to eject the game and power off the console.
All my other games works perfectly straight from the Disc Channel and all of them are burned on the same way and in the same media as RE4 and Wario. But if I load them on NeoGamma R7, they work very well.
I have just Darkcorp installed, someone know what is that?
I have a 4.1U firmaware and Darkcorp 1.0.

Thanks in advance!

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
YayMii said:
Dark Fulgore said:
Huh? You installed DARKCORP, and don't know what it is? Or is it just a typo?

I mean the problem, not the Darkcorp itself.
English isn't my first language, I'm doing magic trying to explain my problem.
frown.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dark Fulgore said:
First of all I wanna thanks for this masterpiece that is Darkcorp, amazing homebrew, works very well!
But I got a strange problem:

I burned Wario Land Shake It NTSC and Resident Evil 4 NTSC too, they are shown in Disc Channel but when I start the game I got a error screen asking me to eject the game and power off the console.
All my other games works perfectly straight from the Disc Channel and all of them are burned on the same way and in the same media as RE4 and Wario. But if I load them on NeoGamma R7, they work very well.
I have a 4.1U firmaware and Darkcorp 1.0.

Thanks in advance!
That's strange...

Do they show in the disc channel, then give error as soon as you start them?

Is the error:
"An error has occured. Please Eject the Disc and Turn the power off"
...and blablabla.

RE4 uses IOS21, and WL:Shake It uses IOS33...
Do you have Super Mario Galaxy or Pokemon Battle Revolution?
If so, could you please try them and see if they do the same thing?

If those 2 also fail, this could mean that those IOS do not have the Custom DIP in them... which is VERY strange...

...maybe try reinstalling DARKCORP?

brucelaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, little problem here, i installed darkcorp on a friends wii so he could play some GC backups, I dont use darkcorp as i have a chipped wii. Well after installing some games show up in disc channel, but after starting the game, black screen and then it reboots the wii, also tried this with the GC backup loader with same results. The games are same region and working copies tested on my own wii.

One problem could be i accidental puched the wii remote and didn't get to make a choice when installing darkcorp. so if i were to uninstall it again would it mess with some cioses regarding usbloading?

toshio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
brucelaa said:
Hi, little problem here, i installed darkcorp on a friends wii so he could play some GC backups, I dont use darkcorp as i have a chipped wii. Well after installing some games show up in disc channel, but after starting the game, black screen and then it reboots the wii, also tried this with the GC backup loader with same results. The games are same region and working copies tested on my own wii.

One problem could be i accidental puched the wii remote and didn't get to make a choice when installing darkcorp. so if i were to uninstall it again would it mess with some cioses regarding usbloading?

I dont know much about the app and wii but first if you need too, backup your friends wii with boot mii, and try uninstalling it. it should not mess up any cios.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone interested in switching around some of the DIP modules found in DarkCORP could try my new tool cIOSWin. Just be sure to use a DarkCORP WAD as your base WAD or it won't work.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
brucelaa said:

That's really strange...

Maybe try reinstalling DARKCORP?
(use the "(Uses IOS249) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode))

Or if you wish to uninstall, just select:
(Uses IOS249) Uninstall DARKCORP (YOUR IOS WILL LOSE ALL PATCHES)

Uninstallation will only mess with the IOS that DARKCORP has modified, so it will not mess with cIOSes used by USB loaders.

But... if you do uninstall, if you want to do things like playing "backup" vc/wiiware channels, then you will need to add the "trucha patch" into your system menu IOS, since the uninstaller replaces all corp'd IOS with clean, unpatched ones. Same thing oes for any other patches that you want applied to your IOS after uninstalling.

QUOTE(gameking66 @ May 3 2010, 07:26 AM) Anyone interested in switching around some of the DIP modules found in DarkCORP could try my new tool cIOSWin. Just be sure to use a DarkCORP WAD as your base WAD or it won't work.
To be honest...

...I'd rather not.

The DIP-to-IOS configuration that DARKCORP uses already provides the best compatibility there is so far, so there is no need to change them.

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
damysteryman said:
That's strange...

Do they show in the disc channel, then give error as soon as you start them?

Is the error:
"An error has occured. Please Eject the Disc and Turn the power off"
...and blablabla.

RE4 uses IOS21, and WL:Shake It uses IOS33...
Do you have Super Mario Galaxy or Pokemon Battle Revolution?
If so, could you please try them and see if they do the same thing?

If those 2 also fail, this could mean that those IOS do not have the Custom DIP in them... which is VERY strange...

...maybe try reinstalling DARKCORP?

Yes, is the Eject and Power Off error, just like you said.
I have Mario Galaxy NTSC and it works very well straight from the disc channel.
Only Wario and RE4 show this error when I click "Start" from the Disc Channel menu.

A DARKCORP reinstall is needed?
DARKCORP has a "Repair" option or I just install again like the first time?
My firmware is 4.1U.

Thanks for the help and for your patience!

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Dark Fulgore:
That is indeed strange...

If Super Mario Galaxy Works but Wario Land doesn't then it can't be a DARKCORP problem (since both use the same IOS, meaning the IOS is fine)...

If they are old discs, the softmodded Wii could have trouble reading them, possibly depending on the softmodded Wii's laser condition.

Since this is such a strange problem...
The only things I can suggest are:

Reburn the discs (use Verbatim DVD-R)
or
Reinstall DARKCORP
or
Use the Official Wii Lens Cleaning Kit to clean your laser

@YayMii
Disc loading wise, there doesn't appear to be. Mainly USB Loading improvements, and FFS and DIP plugin were rewritten to make it easier for multiple bases for cIOS249.

I've yet to look into how using multiple bases affects disc loading (if at all), but right now...
...I'm sticking with "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

brucelaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
brucelaa said:

That's really strange...

Maybe try reinstalling DARKCORP?
(use the "(Uses IOS249) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode))

Or if you wish to uninstall, just select:
(Uses IOS249) Uninstall DARKCORP (YOUR IOS WILL LOSE ALL PATCHES)

Uninstallation will only mess with the IOS that DARKCORP has modified, so it will not mess with cIOSes used by USB loaders.

But... if you do uninstall, if you want to do things like playing "backup" vc/wiiware channels, then you will need to add the "trucha patch" into your system menu IOS, since the uninstaller replaces all corp'd IOS with clean, unpatched ones. Same thing oes for any other patches that you want applied to your IOS after uninstalling.

Thank u for the quick reply. I will try a reinstall when i visit my friend, and let u know about the result.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Are you saying that cIOS r19 isn't more compatible as r17?
r17 is far more stable.

@damysteryman

Why not use r17 on everything? What compatibility does r13 have over r14 (isn't r14 more stable), or r17 (better overall?).

johnnyboy147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am using softmii v3.5 on wii v4.2E the pack has cioscorp re done and this will play rugby league 3 no problem,is this not the same as darkcorp?

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Majroa:
Hmmm...

Is it the same region and video moda as your Wii?
Is it a good dump and good burn?

I don't have that game to test, so I can't find out for myself just yet (have to find a disc of this game somewhere).

@johnnyboy147:
it is not the same as DARKCORP, and no, neither the stolen cIOSCORP v3.5 beta 1 (which is inside softmii 3.5) or DARKCORP v1.0 can play Rugby League 3 fully (Quick play works though).

However, there is a fix for RL3 in DARKCORP v1.1
smile.gif

@pepxl:
...oops...
ph34r.gif

...no matter.

@YayMii:
Either do what the README said, or do what pepxl said, in order to get the extras (they are in the DARKCORP v1.0 Full Pack).

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I uninstall this...

Is there any possible way that this is actually affecting my ability to use the Upgrade to 4.2 guide that is stickied above?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.