damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Android412 said:
Hey, I read the instructions on the first page, and read the majority of the post, I but just wanna be 100% before I start updating.

My wii as of now is 4.2u, cioscorp 3.1, maybe 3.3 (forget if I updated or not), cIOS38 rev14b, homebrew, hackmii, and preloader. It's an older unit so its not LU64 or the new DVD drive.

So I should:

1. Make a NAND backup
2. Use Darkcorp to uninstall old cioscorp
3. Should I install cIOS Hermes 222, and if so is this the point to do it?
4. Install Darkcorp

Am I missing anything? Should I have the newest Homebrew(does it matter?) Am I going to have to reinstall anything (preloader?)

Sorry I'd rather be sure and do it right the first time, then risk bricking.

Thanks

Android412
Yes.
Since DARKCORP v1.0 installer is't compatible with cIOS249 rev18/19, you'll have to install cIOS222, and use it to install DARKCORP.

QUOTE(Marc1994 @ May 28 2010, 02:40 AM) I don't know to use wich installation, i've ios249 rev 19 ( From CFG usb loader ) And ios222 ( Too )

But wich must I use?
Just use:
(Uses IOS222) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm...

I updated my cousin's cIOScorp to DARKCORP, and I tried Super Mario Galaxy 2. It gave me a #002 error, but the exact same disc on my Wii (which has the exact same DARKCORP and the exact same cIOS) has no problems. What's wrong with my cousin's setup?

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm...

Error 002 means the game is being forced to an IOS that it doesn't want, or the version number of said wanted IOS is too low. the latter case would not happen due to DARKCORP IOS versions being maxed out, so I'm assuming that the game is being forced to an IOS it doesn't want.

Does your cousin's Wii have priiloader/startpatch on their Wii?

If so, check that the "Force Discs to use IOS249" aka "IOS Reloading" hacks (or similar ones) are disabled.

d2russel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there.

My wii config is: SM 4.2U; IOS249-57; IOS250-38; Hermes v5 plus some version of corp. NAND backed up; bootmii-ios; Priiloader

Is DARKCORP compatible with hermes v5? or should i revert back to v4 for installation of corp. I did read that I had to uninstall the old corp but I want to kow if theres a chance I can get a full brick by uninstalling? Or does the uninstaller keep away from critical IOSes. Im also not sure if my wii is a region changed korean unit.

My plan is to:
1. uninstall corp
2. install darkcorp via hermes (if compatible with v5)
3. install SM 4.2U in case its a korean unit.

Thoughts???

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the install should be compatible with hermes' cIOS222 of any version.

However, I think that "(Uses IOS222) Uninstall DARKCORP" may be broken, so you might have to downgrade your cIOS249 from rev18/19 down to rev17...

Other than that, you should be fine.

What the uninstaller does:
It doesn't actually uninstall anything, but instead it replaces the corp IOS with clean unmodified IOS.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a real noobish question can dark corps be installed in any wii model number? cause i heard i can't on be installed on anything after LU64.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DJPlace said:
got a real noobish question can dark corps be installed in any wii model number? cause i heard i can't on be installed on anything after LU64.
Not true.

Only cIOSCORP v1/v2 (of which us at Team DARK have no affiliation with) cannot be used on those Wiis.
cIOSCORP v3.x and DARKCORP are fully compatible.
In fact, me wanting an LU64+ compatible CORP (back when the LU64+ wiis first appeared) was the very reason cIOSCORP v3.x was even created!
...then it just got bigger and better.

beier said:
QUOTEJust use:
(Uses IOS222) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode)

I installed Darkcorp using ios249 rev 19 (base38) and it's all ok.
Yes, base38 will work fine, however most people who use cIOS249 rev 18/19 (including myself) use IOS57 as a base, which the installer isn't currently compatible with.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got anthor trick question i keep getting 1101 error is there a way to fix this?

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gordinio said:
Just a suggestion: Can you add an "Advanced Mode" to the next version; this would allow someone to select which IOS's to CORP.
It's not necesary, since a user could just edit the config.xml to change this.

QUOTE(DJPlace @ May 30 2010, 10:16 AM) ok i got anthor trick question i keep getting 1101 error is there a way to fix this?
1101?
In the DARKCORP installer!?!
That doesn't make any sense...

...or are you getting this error in a loader like NeGamma?

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damysteryman said:
Gordinio said:
Just a suggestion: Can you add an "Advanced Mode" to the next version; this would allow someone to select which IOS's to CORP.
It's not necesary, since a user could just edit the config.xml to change this.

QUOTE(DJPlace @ May 30 2010, 10:16 AM) ok i got anthor trick question i keep getting 1101 error is there a way to fix this?
1101?
In the DARKCORP installer!?!
That doesn't make any sense...

...or are you geting this error in a loader like NeGamma?

yeah in neogamma i must of gotten that mixed up or something and it won't let me install the other things other then dark corps... like cimos and something else...)

Marc1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i'll do uninstall ( with ios222 ) i'm still getting
Exception -1
Error creating file

How can I get this solved? It can't be my sd card... It's fat formatted, Bootmii could use it, so I dont think it's my sd card...

E: After formatting to fat32 it freezes while loading the first wad... I really don't know what to do...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damysteryman said:

If so, check that the "Force Discs to use IOS249" aka "IOS Reloading" hacks (or similar ones) are disabled.
Well, the problem is... it is disabled. But for some reason, if I turn those hacks on, SMG2 works properly (it's forcing the disc to cIOS38 r17).

Marc1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Marc1994 said:
Exception -1
Error creating file

How can I get this solved? It can't be my sd card... It's fat formatted, Bootmii could use it, so I dont think it's my sd card...

E: After formatting to fat32 it freezes while loading the first wad... I really don't know what to do...

Please I must know this, so soon as possible. I must do this!

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
YayMii said:
damysteryman said:

If so, check that the "Force Discs to use IOS249" aka "IOS Reloading" hacks (or similar ones) are disabled.Well, the problem is... it is disabled. But for some reason, if I turn those hacks on, SMG2 works properly (it's forcing the disc to cIOS38 r17).
That REALLY REALLY strange...

Do you have both priiloader and startpatch?
If so, they may be conflicting.
If not... maybe make a NAND backup then reinstall your sysmenu, successfully nullifying both?

Marc1994 said:
QUOTE(Marc1994 @ May 30 2010, 07:14 PM)
Exception -1
Error creating file

Please I must know this, so soon as possible. I must do this!
That is strange...

Wait... uninstall?

I've recently found out that the uninstall feature is not compatible with IOS222...

You will have to use IOS249 instead (rev17 or lower, or rev18/19 base 38)...

But still... it shouldn't freeze...

Maybe recopy all the files from the DARKCORP v1.0 full package to your SD card?
Make sure there is PLENTY of room on the SD card.

Keep in mind that some parts of the installer will appear to freeze for a few minutes, but are still working.

But if it is still freezing for too long, then I'm not sure...

You're cIOS haven't been replaced by stubs by any chance?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN