hitler_and_catholic_church.jpg

Da Furer

All Hail Da Joostin

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think my issue isn't IOS related. I didn't try d2x with a base of 38 but I do have hermes CIOS 222[38] v5 installed and that didn't work. Every game comes up with a wbfs error: Not a Wii Disc. When I try to boot them anyways it says something about fragments and an ID mismatch.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Ok I think my issue isn't IOS related. I didn't try d2x with a base of 38 but I do have hermes CIOS 222[38] v5 installed and that didn't work. Every game comes up with a wbfs error: Not a Wii Disc. When I try to boot them anyways it says something about fragments and an ID mismatch.Forwarder ISO's can be a PITA. The letters you use in the title ID are very important, since they are used to identify the game type, publisher, region, and language. You can't just make up something random. If you don't know what to name it, just use "D**A00" as the ID, replacing both "*"s with a letter or number.

QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Aug 9 2011, 03:25 PM) It would be cool if you added an option to load a certain ios when the forwarder is launched.

-Erik
It wouldn't help with the base 38 issue, if that is what you mean.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well let me clarify. Say I want a forwarder for FCE Ultra GX. I run UFC and tell it to create a dol that loads a dol. I point it to the boot.dol in my FCEUGX folder inside my apps folder. Then as for the Name/ID I look up FCE Ultra on WiiTDB and see that the ID is FCEU so that's what I use. I put in FCEU00. When I get the ID mismatch error it says FCEU00 doesn't match the ISO ID which is CISO.

As for installing d2x v6 with base 38 would I simply want to grab 249dx38.wad from ModMii. I only ask because I just want to be sure I won't mess anything up on my Wii by doing this,
smile.gif

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Well let me clarify. Say I want a forwarder for FCE Ultra GX. I run UFC and tell it to create a dol that loads a dol. I point it to the boot.dol in my FCEUGX folder inside my apps folder. Then as for the Name/ID I look up FCE Ultra on WiiTDB and see that the ID is FCEU so that's what I use. I put in FCEU00. When I get the ID mismatch error it says FCEU00 doesn't match the ISO ID which is CISO.

As for installing d2x v6 with base 38 would I simply want to grab 249dx38.wad from ModMii. I only ask because I just want to be sure I won't mess anything up on my Wii by doing this,
smile.gif
Right there you have given the ISO a title ID that registers as a virtual console game (as opposed to homebrew or a Wii disc) with an invalid region. It's nice if you can get the same ID as WiiTDB, but sometimes they are just wrong. Download the covers manually and save them with valid title ID's. Emulators are also more tricky to forward to than normal homebrew.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I follow exactly. I tell UFC to set the ISO ID to FCEU00 but I don't think it actually works I think it just sets it to CISO and that's probably where the error is. I'm telling CFG that the ID should be FCEU00 but it's not the ISO ID is CISO for some reason. To larger extent though, then, if WiiTDB IDs can be wrong how do I know which IDs do/don't forward to something? Also are you suggesting then that this program probably won't create a fully working ISO forwarder for emulators or that they do but extra work is required?

EDIT: Whatever I set the ID to shouldn't matter though. At least with CFG it seems to me that the ID is used strictly for pulling covers from WiiTDB, the ID serves no other function. Also I should add that if I take an ISO created with UFC and open it up in an app like wiiscrubber, it comes up pretty much blank. It gives me no title, nor does it list any contents on the iso.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
DaFees said:
Ok I think my issue isn't IOS related. I didn't try d2x with a base of 38 but I do have hermes CIOS 222[38] v5 installed and that didn't work. Every game comes up with a wbfs error: Not a Wii Disc. When I try to boot them anyways it says something about fragments and an ID mismatch.Forwarder ISO's can be a PITA. The letters you use in the title ID are very important, since they are used to identify the game type, publisher, region, and language. You can't just make up something random. If you don't know what to name it, just use "D**A00" as the ID, replacing both "*"s with a letter or number.

QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Aug 9 2011, 03:25 PM) It would be cool if you added an option to load a certain ios when the forwarder is launched.

-Erik
It wouldn't help with the base 38 issue, if that is what you mean.

Nope, I'm actually not even sure of which issue you are referring to
smile.gif
I just meant we could use the forwarder to load an app using a different ios than 58 or which ever ios the hbc is installed (or the system menu ios) under without using an alternate program to launch it
smile.gif

-Erik

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
I'm not sure I follow exactly. I tell UFC to set the ISO ID to FCEU00 but I don't think it actually works I think it just sets it to CISO and that's probably where the error is. I'm telling CFG that the ID should be FCEU00 but it's not the ISO ID is CISO for some reason.Even if that is true, that doesn't change the fact that you are using an invalid title ID.

DaFees said:
To larger extent though, then, if WiiTDB IDs can be wrong how do I know which IDs do/don't forward to something?Most of the ID's are valid on WiiTDB, but the database is all contributions. Some people don't understand that the ID matters, so they pick ones for homebrew apps that aren't valid in USB loaders.
When dealing with homebrew, use D for the System Code (the first letter, commonly used because it isn't used by anything else), A for the Region Code (forth letter, means region free), and 00 for the Publisher Code (no publisher). Most homebrew match that setup (because it's the standard), and have a code that will work.

DaFees said:
Also are you suggesting then that this program probably won't create a fully working ISO forwarder for emulators or that they do but extra work is required?Emulators just seem to hate forwarders in general. Your best bet is to install the official channel and create a forwarder ISO that loads that channel.

QUOTE(DaFees @ Aug 9 2011, 04:32 PM) EDIT: Whatever I set the ID to shouldn't matter though. At least with CFG it seems to me that the ID is used strictly for pulling covers from WiiTDB, the ID serves no other function.
I guess you imagined the error about the invalid title ID.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(DaFees @ Aug 9 2011, 04:32 PM)
Also I should add that if I take an ISO created with UFC and open it up in an app like wiiscrubber, it comes up pretty much blank. It gives me no title, nor does it list any contents on the iso.
That is to be expected because of the way it was scrubbed.

TL;DR: Try recreating the ISO and using the title "DFCA00".

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get everything you're saying and I tried what you said but it makes no difference. I created an ISO using the title DCFA00 and that still gave me an ID mismatch error. I think what is happening is that even though I am telling UFC to use the title DFCA00 it doesn't, it just inserts the title CISO instead.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
I get everything you're saying and I tried what you said but it makes no difference. I created an ISO using the title DCFA00 and that still gave me an ID mismatch error. I think what is happening is that even though I am telling UFC to use the title DFCA00 it doesn't, it just inserts the title CISO instead.
Please send me the ISO and the dol. I want to test the ISO for some stuff, and I'll go ahead and make you an ISO manually. I've gotten pretty fast at it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@DaFees,
Where do you have the app saved? If it's in a secured directory (ie. C:\program files\) and your running windows 7 (or Vista) you may need to run the program as an administrator in order for it to be able to write\modify files to the secured directory.

I doubt this is the problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DaFees said:
OK, I don't get what you mean by it changing the name to CISO, but anyway, does >>this

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my late reply, I know it seems like I just disappeared here, but after testing your ISO, person66, it didn't work. I get the same ID mismatch error. It seems your ISO is exactly the same as my ISO. I did exactly as you said and used IOS 222-mload and set IOS reload to off. Every time no matter whose ISO I use, CFG always tells me it's not a valid wii disc, then when I try to launch the ISO it gives me an ID mismatch error. I do not know how it works for you, but I do know it doesn't work me.

Every ISO, even yours, if I open it in a program like WiiScrubber it shows the ID as being CISO. Again I will state that I the latest v21d2x v6, and the latest hermes 222. Also I am using the latest version of CFG and I put all my games(ISOs) in a folder called wbfs on the NTFS partition of my external drive of which there is also a fat32 partition where I store my apps, CFG settings, emulator roms, etc.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DaFees said:
Forgive my late reply, I know it seems like I just disappeared here, but after testing your ISO, person66, it didn't work. I get the same ID mismatch error. It seems your ISO is exactly the same as my ISO. I did exactly as you said and used IOS 222-mload and set IOS reload to off. Every time no matter whose ISO I use, CFG always tells me it's not a valid wii disc, then when I try to launch the ISO it gives me an ID mismatch error. I do not know how it works for you, but I do know it doesn't work me.

Every ISO, even yours, if I open it in a program like WiiScrubber it shows the ID as being CISO. Again I will state that I the latest v21d2x v6, and the latest hermes 222. Also I am using the latest version of CFG and I put all my games(ISOs) in a folder called wbfs on the NTFS partition of my external drive of which there is also a fat32 partition where I store my apps, CFG settings, emulator roms, etc.
I'm not sure if u stated somewhere else what specific cIOSs you're using, but are your installed cIOSs base 38?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BUMP

If anyone with a WODE wants to test out a new version of the WODE Forwarder creator for me, please send me a PM, or just let me know in this thread.

I am only asking because I don't own a WODE to test it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT