Zoomx3 1/28/11

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
10,582
Solutions
15
Reaction score
2,074
Trophies
2
Age
50
Location
From Where???
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
5,668
Country
Colombia
Zoomx3 1/28/11
DSi-Mode Homebrew
01_news_image_dsi.png

NightFox has released a DSi-mode DEMO for iEVO users. The DEMO zooms a 16-bit image and uses NitroFS. The DEMO runs much smoother in DSi-mode, making it easy to see the improvements offered over DS-mode.



download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
 
Does it work with the sudokuhax as well, or is it strickly for the iEVO users ?

EDIT:

Never mind, I tried it, and while it managed to boot, it got stuck at the screen waiting for the NitroFS to init.
What's this NitroFS anyway ? I wasn't aware of it.......
 
Mbmax said:
As it didn't write anything on the microSD, it should work with the sudokuhax.


Unfortunately it doesn't work with it, I just tried it myself.
Renamed the Zoomx to boot.nds and it did boot, but got stuck at the screen saying waiting for NitroFS init.
 
Arm73 said:
Mbmax said:
As it didn't write anything on the microSD, it should work with the sudokuhax.


Unfortunately it doesn't work with it, I just tried it myself.
Renamed the Zoomx to boot.nds and it did boot, but got stuck at the screen saying waiting for NitroFS init.
Ah yes. NitroFS.
It's normal then. Perhaps KnightFox is able to make a version without nitroFS initialization ?
 
Mbmax said:
Arm73 said:
Mbmax said:
As it didn't write anything on the microSD, it should work with the sudokuhax.


Unfortunately it doesn't work with it, I just tried it myself.
Renamed the Zoomx to boot.nds and it did boot, but got stuck at the screen saying waiting for NitroFS init.
Ah yes. NitroFS.
It's normal then. Perhaps KnightFox is able to make a version without nitroFS initialization ?

He probably could ( not that I would know how, or even what NitroFS is BTW
wink.gif
) , however, it's not gonna happen, simply because flashcart makers won't make any money off homebrew launched from the SD slot.
 
There's a similar commercial example of DS vs DSi mode image viewing.

The DSVision has some image viewing software itself, which compared to the DSi's photo viewing software, is slower.
 
Arm73 said:
Mbmax said:
Arm73 said:
Mbmax said:
As it didn't write anything on the microSD, it should work with the sudokuhax.


Unfortunately it doesn't work with it, I just tried it myself.
Renamed the Zoomx to boot.nds and it did boot, but got stuck at the screen saying waiting for NitroFS init.
Ah yes. NitroFS.
It's normal then. Perhaps KnightFox is able to make a version without nitroFS initialization ?

He probably could ( not that I would know how, or even what NitroFS is BTW
wink.gif
) , however, it's not gonna happen, simply because flashcart makers won't make any money off homebrew launched from the SD slot.

AFAIK, this wasn't made by Team Cyclops, so your argument is irrelevant. But NitroFS is a system whereby files can be stored within a NDS file and accessed when it runs. Official games use it for all assets. Dunno if this could be done without it or not.
 
knightFox said:
If i dont remember bad, Wintermute has released a homebrew menu for sudokuhack exploid, that will run nitroFs homebrews.


That sound just like something I've been looking for so long...........
Is it OK to ask for a link ?
 

Site & Scene News