Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
Dont want to read all 453 pgs,so are we there yet??

RU2bkyh.png

Reactions: alepman90 and 2Hack

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im even having a hard time pressing it on purpose :huh:

Same. It's not really easy to access it and I often have to push it twice to turn the N3DS on.

And that probably why they moved it here, because the old one could really be pressed easily by accident (a bit less on the 3DS XL compared to the original 3Ds).

About Gateway, as we still don't have any news when they were supposed to give them, I would say to everyone to not hold your breath because it will unfortunately probably take a few more months to get the N3DS support, if we get it one day :/

I also understand people who say that now that they tried the N3DS, they don't really want to go play on their old version anymore (especially for people who only have a first-gen 3DS), I have a 4.x 3DS and a gateway and I pretty more or less in the same situation.

Personally, I ordered a Sky3DS to "fix" this problem. I don't plan to play online (I rarely play online) and so don't plan to update the N3DS. When Gateway will release the exploit (if they release it one day), I will just sell the Sky3DS and use again my old Gateway and hop, problem solved.

I have ~30 retail carts I can use on my N3DS, but those games are ones that I already finished so the interest to replay them is near 0 for most of them.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I called the design experts at Apple for you and they think you are just holding it wrong. :)
Agree with you. The power button is almost under the console, almost flush to the shell to avoid accidents. I tried to press as you described and it is almost impossible. Just inconfortable since it isn't how it should. I mean. This placement is here for a reason. To avoid accidental presses.

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Dont want to read all 453 pgs,so are we there yet??

We seem to be stuck on the same "soon" as when the thread started. Some very optimistic posts about it being distributors lacking gateways, but it seems extremely unlikely that they would hold off on an update while people are Sky-diving like never before. The next destination of the hype train is after the Chinese New Year celebrations have settled down, but don't hold your breath IMO :)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Same. It's not really easy to access it and I often have to push it twice to turn the N3DS on.

And that probably why they moved it here, because the old one could really be pressed easily by accident (a bit less on the 3DS XL compared to the original 3Ds).

About Gateway, as we still don't have any news when they were supposed to give them, I would say to everyone to not hold your breath because it will unfortunately probably take a few more months to get the N3DS support, if we get it one day :/

I also understand people who say that now that they tried the N3DS, they don't really want to go play on their old version anymore (especially for people who only have a first-gen 3DS), I have a 4.x 3DS and a gateway and I pretty more or less in the same situation.

Personally, I ordered a Sky3DS to "fix" this problem. I don't plan to play online (I rarely play online) and so don't plan to update the N3DS. When Gateway will release the exploit (if they release it one day), I will just sell the Sky3DS and use again my old Gateway and hop, problem solved.

I have ~30 retail carts I can use on my N3DS, but those games are ones that I already finished so the interest to replay them is near 0 for most of them.
Im in the same spot as you are, but Im probably gonna get myself a DSTWO+ if the rumors are true about the said features if GW doesnt deliver by then. But TBH I dont think ill sell the DSTWO+ since the company and the product turned out to be more than great! Sky is a whole different story :shit:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Agree with you. The power button is almost under the console, almost flush to the shell to avoid accidents. I tried to press as you described and it is almost impossible. Just inconfortable since it isn't how it should. I mean. This placement is here for a reason. To avoid accidental presses.
for me, 3ds XL, 0 accidental presses of the power button, n3DS XL3 times i have hit that silly button my accident :hateit:....i mean it wouldn't be so bad if it brought up a "do yo want to turn it off or return to your game" screen.....oh no, they have to go straight to, "yeah we just closed the game so tough sh*t.....but yeah do you still want to turn it off?" , i wouldn't mind so much if it just auto shut down, but it just closes the game and stays on :huh:

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm one of the guys who couldn't see 3D on the old 3DS, or in cinema (almost no) and on the New 3DS I totally can see it. I watched 3D videos on youtube from the New3DS and it's awesome (you have to understand that it's maybe the first time in my life that I can see 3D, I'm stereoblind so...).

I want play all my games like that!!! I didn't know that seeing in 3D was so good! :O If GW is not announcing the immediate support of the New 3DS SOON, I'm gonna update and go legit on the New3DS.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm one of the guys who couldn't see 3D on the old 3DS, or in cinema (almost no) and on the New 3DS I totally can see it. I watched 3D videos on youtube from the New3DS and it's awesome (you have to understand that it's maybe the first time in my life that I can see 3D, I'm stereoblind so...).

I want play all my games like that!!! I didn't know that seeing in 3D was so good! :O If GW is not announcing the immediate support of the New 3DS SOON, I'm gonna update and go legit on the New3DS.

Glad to know 3d now works for you ^_^

Reactions: Kuin

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I watched this video on youtube:

Well, except the fact that it's a ridiculous video, the effect is stunning (to me), it's first time I can see it like that and it's... weird it's almost scary, I feel this thing going out of the screen and even if I know that of course it's not real, the trick is perfectly working (finally) and since I almost never saw working 3D (except maybe 1 minute in Avatar)... I was almost jumping on my couch and started to laugh nervously... xD

Well it might seem I'm really stupid, or retarded, but again I'm 31yo and it's the first time that I can REALLY see in 3D like that, as I can't see in 3D in daily life etc (I made research about this "disease" since then and yes it's called stereoblindness :().

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any gateway news? let me guess

has anyone tried using download play on the new 3ds with the host being the old 3ds.

Did I read somewhere the guest new 3ds fw needs to be updated to work?

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just finished atelier rorona plus, man do i love gust games (though i don´t know what i should think about the 3ds chibi remake.. but i´ll definitely buy it)..

never thought i´d finish that game (and yu-no, and criminal girls, and ciel nosurge offline, and legend of heroes v, and corpse party.. in total 6 huge games) before the gateway update...

hm what´s next? i´d love to continue persona q on the n3ds but yea.. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol