Zombie thread, RAAAGH

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any gateway news? let me guess

has anyone tried using download play on the new 3ds with the host being the old 3ds.

Did I read somewhere the guest new 3ds fw needs to be updated to work?

use the gateway in the old 3ds, downgrade it to 4.5 (if not already done), use a new SD card to make a new emunand, DON'T update the emunand, use a .3ds or .cia file to launch the game, start download play.

Long story short, if the old 3DS initiating the download play is on a lower firmware, no issue. If it's on a higher one then the N3DS has to update to play. I did hear a rumor this may only be true of .cia files but I haven't confirmed that.

Reactions: MrJason005

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
MI8hjwM.png

trololo

I genuinely got excited... until I read below your picture haha

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, except the fact that it's a ridiculous video, the effect is stunning (to me), it's first time I can see it like that and it's... weird it's almost scary, I feel this thing going out of the screen and even if I know that of course it's not real, the trick is perfectly working (finally) and since I almost never saw working 3D (except maybe 1 minute in Avatar)... I was almost jumping on my couch and started to laugh nervously... xD

Well it might seem I'm really stupid, or retarded, but again I'm 31yo and it's the first time that I can REALLY see in 3D like that, as I can't see in 3D in daily life etc (I made research about this "disease" since then and yes it's called stereoblindness :().

There is actually a doctor that was stereoblind and he was researching it because it affected him, he went to the movies one night with his girlfriend (or wife) to see Hugo, she wanted to see it in 3-D so he went along with her. He said partway during the movie he was able to see 3D and it completely undid his stereoblind! He spent 15 minutes in the parking lot because he could see how far light poles were now and it amazed him. All thanks to the one movie that did inward depth 3D instead of poppy-outty 3D like everything before it :P He wrote a paper on it or something, I heard an interview with him on the radio once.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
There is actually a doctor that was stereoblind and he was researching it because it affected him, he went to the movies one night with his girlfriend (or wife) to see Hugo, she wanted to see it in 3-D so he went along with her. He said partway during the movie he was able to see 3D and it completely undid his stereoblind! He spent 15 minutes in the parking lot because he could see how far light poles were now and it amazed him. All thanks to the one movie that did inward depth 3D instead of poppy-outty 3D like everything before it :P He wrote a paper on it or something, I heard an interview with him on the radio once.
Yep, I've heard of people using the 3ds since it helps build their depth perception, which was non existent before then.

Reactions: ryanjf97

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I've heard of people using the 3ds since it helps build their depth perception, which was non existent before then.

Wow, that's awesome. I wonder if in the future, when 3D effects are more like real life, if old technology 3DSs will be sought out for those with steroblindness?

Reactions: VinsCool

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Oh it's interesting, I hope I can cure like that... I'll play on my New 3DS more and more and maybe someday my vision will "unlock" too. :D

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, that's awesome. I wonder if in the future, when 3D effects are more like real life, if old technology 3DSs will be sought out for those with steroblindness?
That would be really interesting to see. Although I think it would just be part of a therapy program where you watch a movie or something using a certain 3D mode that will eventually train your eyes to see the world how it's meant to be.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nice avatar btw, everyone seems to have an altered link WW picture
2Hack copied my avatar on the old hype thread. Since then everyone does the same. Even after two changes. Still copying and altering my avatar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, *kills him*