Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. They are most likely gonna announce a new Metroid, new F-Zero, or a new Mario game exclusive to N3DS so people can buy them. Here's hoping Gateway will announce something next week so we can all play Nintendo's N3DS E3 announcements, wouldn't you say? :P

I personally don't see many exclusive games, but a lot of exclusive features, and not including amiibo. Could be as simple as 60 vs 30 fps or as drastic as Xenoblade (entire game exclusive), but I feel it'll land somewhere in the middle.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, looks like about 1.35MB/s which is suuuper slow, it estimated Smash Bros. .cia would take 15 minutes (1.1gigs) but mine just has the stock SD in there which is probably like a Class 4, but I don't think a higher class would speed it up any.

Also, you don't have to be on latest FW to use Wireless SD Management

Reactions: Margen67

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap

Literally just realized the next major 3DS title coming out now that MH4U and MM are released is..........Codename: S.T.E.A.M.

Is anyone excited for this game? It's Fire Emblem on steroids. It comes out March 13th

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, looks like about 1.35MB/s which is suuuper slow, it estimated Smash Bros. .cia would take 15 minutes (1.1gigs) but mine just has the stock SD in there which is probably like a Class 4, but I don't think a higher class would speed it up any.

Then maybe ill just transfer those files on the computer using a msd card adapter... would that work?

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah if you wanna unscrew your N3DS every time you have a new .cia to install lol...
Ya could leave the back plate unscrewed ya know........It sticks on quite well even without screwing it in.....

Is anyone excited for this game? It's Fire Emblem on steroids. It comes out March 13th
Nah, get excited for THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF WAIFU WARS FIRE EMBLEM, THIS TIME FEATURING FEET!

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

slow indeed more suitable for CIA game updates & the smaller games.

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if SD card speed has anything to do with CIA transfer. I run Sandisk Ultra UHS-1s and ~1gb file would take about 15 minutes still. I think the limiting factor is the 3DS console and not the maximum write speeds of the micro SD cards themselves.

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why Gateway don't release their "thing" anyway, on their old video we can see a New 3DS on 9.2 working fine with the 9.2 update, since now New 3DS/XL sold in the world are all in 9.0 or 9.2, and since NO games ask to be in an update up than 9.2 (I don't even know if some are asking to be in 9.2 or 9.0), even MH4U or MM, why don't they release it? I mean the emunand in 9.5 is nice but except to go on the eShop (which is cool I admit) it's not that useful. I think it would be better than nothing and people who have New 3DSs now would prefer to be able to use their gateway even if they can't go to the eshop, more than waiting for an update to be able to use the eshop.

But anyway, let's wait and see. :)

D

Deleted User

I don't understand why Gateway don't release their "thing" anyway, on their old video we can see a New 3DS on 9.2 working fine with the 9.2 update, since now New 3DS/XL sold in the world are all in 9.0 or 9.2, and since NO games ask to be in an update up than 9.2 (I don't even know if some are asking to be in 9.2 or 9.0), even MH4U or MM, why don't they release it? I mean the emunand in 9.5 is nice but except to go on the eShop (which is cool I admit) it's not that useful. I think it would be better than nothing and people who have New 3DSs now would prefer to be able to use their gateway even if they can't go to the eshop, more than waiting for an update to be able to use the eshop.

But anyway, let's wait and see. :)

As far as I understood. In that video it was using the MiiPlaza to exploit the system. In turn I guess it broke Mii Functionality on the 3DS which would most likely affect online games and other Mii related items so it was probably shelved and an alternate method is being developed/researched.

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As far as I understood. In that video it was using the MiiPlaza to exploit the system. In turn I guess it broke Mii Functionality on the 3DS which would most likely affect online games and other Mii related items so it was probably shelved and an alternate method is being developed/researched.

Oh ok, interesting, thanks! :)

Well well, I'm hesitating to take a New 3DS XL (the blue one) right away (well Monday) because I'm worry if after a few weeks the New 3DS shipped will be updated to 9.5 for exemple. Grrrr! Damn you GW, hurry up! :D

BamItzMuffinz

taengirene
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't think at this point many N3DS users are concerned about being able to play online, especially with reportings of bans recently. I'd be happy to get an update just so I can play 3DS games on this damn thing, then an update to fix whatever else later on in the case that playing online becomes safer (spoofers or whatever).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5