Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this isnt the right thread, but I just wanna throw in this question.

I got an original 3ds and as SD-Card I use a Micro-SD+ Adapter. The New 3DS XL uses Micro SD cards so is it possible to just put the org 3ds Micro SD into the N3DSXL or do I still have to update the system for System Transfer? (My guess is I have to update both systems to 9.5 :-( )

Rokkubro

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this isnt the right thread, but I just wanna throw in this question.

I got an original 3ds and as SD-Card I use a Micro-SD+ Adapter. The New 3DS XL uses Micro SD cards so is it possible to just put the org 3ds Micro SD into the N3DSXL or do I still have to update the system for System Transfer? (My guess is I have to update both systems to 9.5 :-( )
Yeah, you're going to have to update both systems - however, you can just update the emunand on both systems and transfer like that, although when Gateway comes out on N3DS it won't support emunand up to 9.5... Maybe in a few more weeks months years it will be able to.
Hope this helps!
Edit: Just to better answer your question, when you do a system transfer, you can choose the option for 'PC transfer' and then you'll be able to just put the micro SD in your new system.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, you're going to have to update both systems - however, you can just update the emunand on both systems and transfer like that, although when Gateway comes out on N3DS it won't support emunand up to 9.5... Maybe in a few more weeks months years it will be able to.
Hope this helps!

Thx for your reply. I was expecting this.
Oh Nintendo y u no plug and play :-(

The "no 9.5 emunand support" sucks. Then theres no way of transferring the old files/saves.
Its sad for ppl who bought a NN3DS before 9.5 and no Gateway support was released for them and now they are f***** :-(

Oh well at least I can hold myself back from rushing to the next store and buy a n3ds (as of yet)

Rokkubro

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a shame gateway is currently the only real option for emunand or region free on the N3DS at the moment... If it can really be called an 'option'.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_dawn_of_the_second_day_____by_samkalensky-d5d9h9l.png

and 3 hours (according to the precise time Gary posted the 72 hours picture)

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just got my n3ds and now i´m reading some things about this bs data transfer :/ so in theory if i want to use gateway with the n3ds later when it´s supported, i can´t transfer my old sd files
-> because i need to be on 9.5 fw on both systems...
-> this would be possible with the old 3ds emunand but not with the new 3ds
-> because there will be no emunand support for the n3ds with the next gw update..

is that correct so far?

hm guess i´ll stay offline for the next time with my n3ds and just play some retail games.. i think most of the savefiles are saved on the game cards, but i´m not sure about that.. if i would just copy the 3ds folder of the sd card to n3ds micro sd, could no kind of files be used? not even savefiles or pictures or so?

KirasiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
9.0.0-20U :)

Only thing that sucks is supper stable "is not working correctly". May have a dud, will have to see if I can calibrate it.

Experiencing issues with the 3D too =/ super stable is acting weird and for some reason things get glittery when I turn 3D on in monster hunter 4, might just be the game but yeah, it's giving me headaches.

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I've noticed that if I put on the 3D and I have it far too close to my face the 3D can act a little funny, but I usually hold it the normal distance from my face most of the time (you're not supposed to put it right up to your face lol). I haven't had very many issues with the 3D in any games and it's 500x better than the OLD 3DS! :D

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I've noticed that if I put on the 3D and I have it far too close to my face the 3D can act a little funny, but I usually hold it the normal distance from my face most of the time (you're not supposed to put it right up to your face lol). I haven't had very many issues with the 3D in any games and it's 500x better than the OLD 3DS! :D

Superstable works by facetracking. The front cam tracks your eyes and adjusts the effect accordingly.

Even if its much better than the old 3DS, i found the N3DS is still not perfect.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Superstable works by facetracking. The front cam tracks your eyes and adjusts the effect accordingly.

Even if its much better than the old 3DS, i found the N3DS is still not perfect.

Yeah, I personally get a short flicker about every minute. I can live with that.^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1