ROM Hack Zombie Daisuki English Partial Translation

FurryRage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The goal of this translation will be to put everything except the story cutscenes and quest descriptions in english (for now the rest will take long enough, the quest goals and conditions are still translated, only the description is not)

I started translating the 2 ini files (menu and farm as I call them) on the other topic created by kosheh, but since I'm going from a small text patch to what looks like a full hex editing one, I'm opening a new topic to keep people updated on first post

Since I'll start again from scratch to have clean files, it'll be some time before I re release a patch
Bear with it, at least there shouldn't be anymore problems after that

Old Patch
New Patch

Multiskin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
it's nice to see that this game got so much attetion here in gbatemp that has already got 2 translations ^^
i'm begging someone does the quest eddit soon, i'm tired of spending 5 minutes in a stage just to discover that i had to destroy all the boxes

FurryRage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you checked the other topic, you would have seen that I just moved my translation to this topic to keep things clear, and that I already translated the quest goals in the old patch, along with various menus
The only quirk I found so far is after a few missions, when you try to resign, the yes button is labelled no, so you basically have the choice between no and no, but the yes button still works as a yes, so you just have to choose the left one
smile.gif

It probably comes from the text editing like FAST said in the other topic

Which is why I'm starting a clean translation from the beginning
I'll let you all know when it'll be back to the point it was
I'll then release a clean patch, and start translating more things

Meanwhile, use the old patch, it should cover all the basic needs
I don't really have to push the translation further, but I'd like to see it through and translate as many things as possible even if they're not really needed.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. I'll be looking forward to your work. Tried the game out, and it's definitely right up my alley: RTS + zombies -- what's not to like?
wub.gif

FurryRage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The translation is going great so far, I had to put it on hold last week but I got back to it
Only quirk I could find is that due to the construction of the files, I have to choose to use singular or plural in some cases where the two are needed. In these cases, I chose to use singular over plural.

Other than that, it works great, no freeze, load fine, I translated a bunch of things that should prove useful
When I'm done with the main things, I'll get to translate the item and character names

I plan to release a patch, probably next week, with most of the 2 main files translated
Stay tuned
smile.gif

(also, sorry for the delay, redoing everything with a hex editor made me lose a lot of time)

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, awesome. x)
Yeah, after finishing the initial Zombie Daisuki patch I got a little caught up with...well, life.
I'm working on another patch as you can see, though.
tongue.gif

If there's anything I can help with just lemme know, but I'm looking forward to this.
Should be really easy as like all the menu buttons are already in English, lol o/

FurryRage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not totally dead, but on hold
Like Kosheh, I got caught up with various things and now it's been on hold for over a month

I still keep the translation on my hard drive, and I have everything I need to push it forward, except time
I got a lot of problems since early march (job/money being the main one) and so I'm waiting to solve all my shit before continuing the translation
If everything goes well, I should be able to start again by the end of april

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
lol, finally! i didn't notice that there was already a second party at work (or third). great game, love how you can customize EVERY zombie (but hard to keep everyone on par).

games of this caliber, simple yet very engaging, should be enjoyed by everyone, and breaking the language barrier will definitely make that happen.

...shit. that's some deep shit i'm spewin right there, lol.

FurryRage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nothing much for now, I translated a lot of things in the 2 main files, but one of them wasn't working, so I started the translation back from the start under an hex editor
The current update is pretty much the same as the old one but should have a better stability and a few more things translated

No changelog, I translate the text as it comes, since I don't have any easy/fast way to know what exactly is each sentence (use in-game, and where it's displayed)
Since I'm not really keeping track, a changelog would be hard to do

I'll try and finish translating the short sentences of the 2 main files, then I'll probably move on and translate the people/items names, and finally I'll translate the multiplayer/endgame instructions

After that, I don't think I'll push the translation further, since the story would probably require a way better understanding of japanese than I have to be decent

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
um, i'm having problems with this one... it says something about checksum mismatch, XD3_INVALID_INPUT

...i may have the patched rom (IIRC, this one needed to be patched for anti-piracy b4).

do i need to download/use the clean rom? what about the anti-piracy?

i used the New Patch link on the first post.

FurryRage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you need a clean rom, it was already the case for the old patch
Is the anti piracy patch really necessary?
Try with a clean rom, if you can't launch it, tell me, you'll have to add the translation yourself

Yequan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's anything I can help just let me know, but I'm looking forward to this. If you really as easy as all the menu buttons have been in the UK...

dr44mon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give me the link of the clean roms? because I tried several clean roms and drag it to the .bat files that are given in this thread, but it is always said in the patch that I should use the clean rom, not the patched and trimmed roms. but I have try the clean roms from some website on the internet and the result always the same.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
dr44mon said:
Can you give me the link of the clean roms? because I tried several clean roms and drag it to the .bat files that are given in this thread, but it is always said in the patch that I should use the clean rom, not the patched and trimmed roms. but I have try the clean roms from some website on the internet and the result always the same.

Did you read the rules? NO ROM LINKS ALLOWED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol