Gaming Zelda Wii U delayed to 2016

JPSimonetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing Nintendo has always had was quality and reliability. They never did shady stuff for the sake of an extra dollar. If they said something was gonna get done, it was going to be done. They've made some stupid mistakes (like Virtual Boy), but those stupid ideas were still made tangible in a way that wasn't half-assed.

This is a Zelda title that had a trailer out before the Wii U even hit shelves. Still not having it released is a "bait and switch" douche move that you'd expect from Microsoft or EA, not Nintendo. They've had years to finish this highly anticipated title and appease the Wii U crowd. Everyone knows this should have been a Wii U release title. And they're delaying it even more. I expected better from Nintendo. I don't know what they're doing, but about 4 years ago they needed to quadruple their 1st party software development team and get those flagship games on the shelves ASAP. And they didn't. And are STILL dragging their ass and not supporting the Wii U with a good flow of flagship titles.

I own a Wii U, and the only title I really got into was Lego Undercover. After that, I moved the Wii U to my son's room because nothing was happening with it. And my kid plays the emulator games only (N64 and Wii mostly). In fact, he'd rather play Mario Kart Wii than the Wii U version for whatever reason. I just don't care. I made a mistake when I bought that Wii U. I'm not saying any other console was better choice. Just that the Wii U was a waste of money and a bad investment.

Oh, also, f*** that Windwaker HD crap. The fact that they 'remade' Wind Waker instead of Ocarina of Time tells you all you need to know. Windwaker looked better initially so it was easier to upscale a bit with minimal effort and say "Hey, new zelda game for the Wii U!" even though Ocarina of Time was miles of ahead of it. An Ocarina of Time true HD rebuild from scratch would have flown off the shelves like a Final Fantasy VII full HD rebuild (not upscale). But, hey, that would require work. Wind Waker for the Wii U was a slap in the face to Wii U owners. Even more so because they just delayed the real Wii U Zelda game. Again. After a bait&switch.

I am officially done with Nintendo. I should have never strayed from the PC.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a Zelda title that had a trailer out before the Wii U even hit shelves.
No they didn't. They had a tech demo that had nothing to do with this game, much like the tech demo at space world had nothing to do with Wind Waker that eventually released

Oh, also, f*** that Windwaker HD crap. The fact that they 'remade' Wind Waker instead of Ocarina of Time tells you all you need to know. Windwaker looked better initially so it was easier to upscale a bit with minimal effort and say "Hey, new zelda game for the Wii U!" even though Ocarina of Time was miles of ahead of it. An Ocarina of Time true HD rebuild from scratch would have flown off the shelves like a Final Fantasy VII full HD rebuild (not upscale). But, hey, that would require work. Wind Waker for the Wii U was a slap in the face to Wii U owners. Even more so because they just delayed the real Wii U Zelda game. Again. After a bait&switch.
Ocarina of Time already had its upgrade with Ocarina of Time 3D.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am officially done with Nintendo. I should have never strayed from the PC.

Wind Waker is miles ahead of OoT. OoT is one of the most bland generic Zeldas out there. No personality. And HD textures on crappy N64 polygons would look terrible. I guess Nintendo could redo every model in the game from scratch, but then they would be practically redeveloping a game that they released 20 years ago. Just because you <3 OoT to death doesn't mean Nintendo should stop developing Splatoon so you can have your fifth release of Ocarina of Time.

Reactions: Bladexdsl and Relys

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wind Waker is miles ahead of OoT. OoT is one of the most bland generic Zeldas out there. No personality. And HD textures on crappy N64 polygons would look terrible. I guess Nintendo could redo every model in the game from scratch, but then they would be practically redeveloping a game that they released 20 years ago. Just because you <3 OoT to death doesn't mean Nintendo should stop developing Splatoon so you can have your fifth release of Ocarina of Time.

they did remaster oot on 3ds though.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country

I like OOT but I have to agree that WW:HD is really really epic.

It has a real disney feel to the whole game and when I say disney feel, I don't mean animation style... I mean that child-like magic with its story telling.

OOT was also excellent but remaking that would be a total bitch.. It would have be done from the ground up, would look no where near as good and would get 98498409849084908490849048904890489048904890489048904890489048904890480948 complaints from butt hurt fanboys because they didn't say faithful to the original.

Also it was already re-done on the 3DS.

Also I really doubt the zelda tech demo is anything other than bullshit. That shit looks WAY TOO GOOD to be possible on the Wii U. There I said it. I don't think the PS4/XBOX One could sustain that quality for a whole game either.

Windwaker HD alone had terrible framerate issues for some boss fights.

I hope the next Zelda title is 720p and no sub-30fps drops.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the PS3 version was cancelled? Cause I know it was leaked and then confirmed this past December it is also coming to the xbox one. And the ps4 version was stalled for a month or two to get the xbox one caught up.

Are we talking about Tales of Zestria?

As far as I know Zestria is still a PS3 exclusive that is coming to the West in 2015/2016...but a future 1080p Definitive Edition for the PS4 is definitely not out of question.

Just the way Namco is teasing recently makes me think the next Tales games is coming to the Wii U and PS4 (a given since Tales games live on Sony consoles).

As for the XBone getting a Tales games that's yet to be seen, Vesperia was only made for the 360 because Microsoft paid Namco for a timed exclusive JRPG.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how he complains about a remake being rush (which I don't think it was), yet complains about Nintendo not rushing out an all new game. Everyone is facing delays, but I guess you want broken games instead.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I like how he complains about a remake being rush (which I don't think it was), yet complains about Nintendo not rushing out an all new game. Everyone is facing delays, but I guess you want broken games instead.
A game that's taken years isn't always a good sign, but more likely than not it tends to be.

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
But that's not the case of Zelda.

Agreed. Legend of Zelda games deliver within the release date or are delayed a few months to a year. The delay for Twilight Princess was worth it, although I much prefer the GameCube version.

SlappyTheDummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, but with the new Nintendo that implements physical amiibo DLC it might be less of a complete package and forcing players to purchase the amiibos. Regardless if they're sold out, well, they could always have it as digital DLC.
I doubt it. Zelda is a single player experience and for now Nintendo only add DLC on games heavily based on multiplayer.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2015/0...6-title-and-coming-to-wii-u-reggie-reassures/

In an interview with IGN, Reggie Fils-Aime reassured fans that Zelda Wii U is still a 2016 title, and will be coming to the Wii U.

“I know that there is that thinking floating around,” Reggie said when asked about the doubt surrounding the delayed title. Legend of Zelda fans have taken to social media and forums to talk of their dismay over the delay, and their fears that the game won’t release until the NX system is launched. When asked if both the lack of news and the delay would send the message that Zelda Wii U is not a 2016 title, Reggie reiterated Shigeru Miyamoto’s words that the game is indeed a 2016 title for the Wii U.

Just some reaffirmation that the game will indeed be a 2016 title, hopefully an early 2016 title.

Also I think someone in here argued with me before about the title being misleading or something but uh, yknow. Told you so and stuff :P

Reactions: VinsCool

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: chavosaur

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't say that I care all that much with Fallout 4 just behind the corner, but my lovely gf loves Zelda so we'll pick this one up. I don't mind DLC if it's good DLC - mission packs are always nice and would work with the game just fine, especially since it's open world. Maybe it'll be the one game that validates her purchase of a Wii U, since it's been gathering dust for a while now as we switch back and forth between PS4 and PS3.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninteNintendo! ! Ok i buy wiiu in 2016...

Nah. I do not have Wii U and I won't waste my money on this console but I will save this game for NX in 2016 (perhaps if they released in the fall of 2016 that is). I am sure that they are going to have Wii U games backward compatibility for NX console 2016 (Tentative name).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm going to laugh my socks off if NX doesn't turn out to be a Wii U successor and will instead be some mobile nonsense. The initial graph suggested that it will be sold alongside the 3DS and the Wii U, which is reason enough to worry. :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9 in mine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn things ramp up when it decides to do even a little work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i could fit 9, 2 at bottom i skipped
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Changed them to silent mode in bios helped a little
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont want the bottom fans blowing the gpu fans spinning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so the players are review bombing as response to sony doubling down on their so-called policy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way